💰 [3.22 ready] Clickachu's Tornado Shot MF Build - +Video Guide - 100% Phys Conversion [Standard]

chill changes to ice shot coming and clusters. thoughts?
"
NNeto wrote:
Hey Clickachu! As you predicted, we lost Beyond in 3.11. At least we got Nemesis xD

Hi! Yeah, it was most likely to happen :)

I was also expecting Nemesis to come back and I think I'll be playing nemesis mod now.
youtube.com/clickachu
"
CoughieBlack wrote:
chill changes to ice shot coming and clusters. thoughts?

Hey!

I plan to make a new 3.11 video in following days, I'm doing some testing, and from what I see now my life should go up from 6240 to about 6380 with new cluster jewels setup, and I expect about 10% damage increase and additional more elemental penetration, than before.

I plan to use 2 rare large cluster jewels and 1 rare medium cluster jewel.
No small cluster jewels for now and no unique the voices jewel.

Regarding to Ice Shot changes - I guess you mean the skill tree changes - I think they're not gonna be major nerfs, I'll compare them in PoB soon and let you know how big is the differce.
youtube.com/clickachu
sweet let me know what u come up with so I can just copy you ;) been stuck grinding out legacies so no new progress except getting closer to 100 :)

Still need to upgrade my jewels so ill just do them all at once with the cluster upgrades

Delirium encounters also sound great for us. all in all the patch is really good for us I think

also changes to point blank I think
Last edited by CoughieBlack on Jun 19, 2020, 1:49:05 PM
"
CoughieBlack wrote:
sweet let me know what u come up with so I can just copy you ;) been stuck grinding out legacies so no new progress except getting closer to 100 :)

Still need to upgrade my jewels so ill just do them all at once with the cluster upgrades

Delirium encounters also sound great for us. all in all the patch is really good for us I think

also changes to point blank I think

Gl with lvl 100 man! Push it! :)

I'll release cluster jewels build version soon.

Delirium encounters were possible on standard at 3.10 too, just a bit expensive. Now it seems nice, yeah. I never played it because of my weak PC, I must try it soon.

What do you mean changes to point blank? Havent found anything in patch notes, maybe I've missed something.
youtube.com/clickachu
Ok! After many hours of work, the new version of the build guide video is finally finished!

VIDEO: https://youtu.be/KBPTzdH9p1c

NEW version of the forum written guide, with cluster jewels included is here (and also always in the 1st forum thread post):

Spoiler

Build guide video: https://youtu.be/KBPTzdH9p1c

PoB pastebin: https://pastebin.com/4wAK2K74

IIQ: 194-245 IIR: 48-152

DETAILED GUIDE

Hi and welcome in 3.11 almost max possible IIQ STANDARD league Ice Shot magic find build.

In this video I will also give some tips on how to adapt this build to Harvest league, and which of the iiq items are possbile to get there, and which are not, but I don't plan to make a Harvest league magic finder and I'll focus on standard league version.

This version contains cluster jewels changes, they were possible to get at 3.10 on standard, but prices were very high, so I've made these changes just when the leagues merged now.

T14+ maps are possible to do with this build, but some higher rolled maps and some bosses are still problematic, so currently I use this build to farm low tier maps until I upgrade it to be better.

It' much stronger now with cluster jewels introduced to the game, and it feels like builds can be customized more now, which is great.

Some parts of this build ermains unchanged since 3.10, so some of the informations will be repeated.

Here are the iiq and iir values:

IIQ VALUES:

My current item quantity percentage values are 194 flat and 51 temporary from windripper and Divination Distillate bonuses, which gives a total number of 245.

Max possible values from the game are 219 flat + 52 temporary, which is 271 in total, so I miss 26%.

I dont have one of the two 5% increased effect of flasks passive, which would give additional 1% of IIQ from flask effect, I don't use the 15% IIQ String of Servitude belt, which is which is the max for belt slot, and I don't have 10% iiq from the syndycate talisman implicit.

So this is my gear, that I currently use:

GEAR:
Spoiler

BOW:

Bow is a legacy Windripper, but don't worry if you don't have a legacy version, it's not that big difference, and you wouldn't start dropping exalts and mirrors by getting the legacy one.

QUIVER:

Quiver is a perfectly rolled Rigwal d's Quills with point blank corrupted implicit mod, it's good mainly because of the fork bonus. Point blank corrupted implicit mod lets me free the point blank skill passive from the skill tree and allocate this point elsewhere.
In future I wanna get a good rare quiver, Rigwalds isn't the best in slot option for sure and it's downside is no hp at all.

HELMET:

Helmet is a rare Lion Pelt with 20% quant and a lot of life, which is very important in this kind of builds, so you don't die all the time, since the defences in magic find builds are very often not too good.

ARMOUR:

Armour is the Greed's Embrace chest, which is the only body armour, that gives 15% quantity and also 50% item rarity, mine has 15% quant and 48% rarity.
I have 50% increased damage corrupted implicit mod on it, which is better, than +1 to all gem levels, because it affects both mapping and single target skills, as well as all the other skills, that I use.

GLOVES:

Gloves are the legacy unique Sadima's touch gloves with maximum 24% quantity possible on this item slot. Good option is to mirror a 20% IIQ rare gloves, which are much stronger, but then you lose 4% quant. I don't have a mirror to get the rare gloves and I think I prefer the unique ones, becasue this build is intended to acheive as much IIQ as i t's possible, without any compromises.

The enchant is "of Fury". It's very good for bow builds, but right now I use a pair without any enchant, because projectiles from enchant attacks cannot be supported by IIQ gem, so I would lose a tiny amount of iiq, so it's a bit less damage in favour of a bit more effective iiq.

BOOTS

Boots are the legacy unique Goldwyrm Boots, which gives 30% IIQ and it's the maximum possible value on this slot. It's the same situation, as with gloves, you can get rare ones with 20% quant, and you get more life, movement speed and damage, but it would also sacrifice 10% of IIQ.

Becasue of the fact, that they grant only 10% movement speed, the enchant is also the 10% movement speed to be a bit faster.

AMULET

The amulet is a rare 20% iiq one with tier 1 life mod and constitutin anoint to increase life pool even more.
Amulets, can be converted into spinefuse talisman in the Syndycate at Jorgin in Research, which, with some luck would grant additional 10% IIQ on the implicit, resulting with 30% iiq on this slot.

This 10% iiq here is the only 10% that I actually miss to be able to acheive the maximum possible quantity value in the game. The only other sources of IIQ right now are incresed effect of flasks with Pathfinder ascendancy, but it's only a temporary buff, when the IIQ flask is active, and the other theoretical source is on the rings, with 5% iiq vaal implicit, but it would require a 20% iiq lvl 84 ring base, but from what I know they just don't exist in the game, or they're just on some inactive accounts, so right now they're most likely impossible to get.

It has fertile catalysts applied for increased life.

RINGS

My rings rare ones with maximum 20% iiq for this slot and tier 1 life mods.
In future I'd like to mirror some good 20% iiq rings.

They also have fertile catalysts applied for more life.

BELT

Belt is a Headhunter becasue it's the most enjoyable and crazy item in this game and it gives so much fun, that I just can't stop using it since I've started. People Love it or hate it. I'm in the first group, and that's why it's the only item slot, that I've sacrificed IIQ for better fun and build power.

Catalysts choice is also the fertile ones.

Max possible IIQ on the belt slot would be a string of servitude with 15% iiq and no other stats.

Another option is a Legacy 12% IIQ perandus blazon, and if you somehow manage to get the ilvl 84 legacy version and be lucky enough to hit 5% iiq corruption implicit you would have 17% but I'm not sure if this kind of belt even exists and you would really need a lot of luck to get it.

Perfect option for me would be a HH with 5% iiq implcit, and it's my goal for this slot.

FLASKS:

Flasks remained unchanged since the previous version.

Becasue of the greeed's embrace -20% movement speed and poor 10% movement speed on the boots I try to get some more of it wherever it's possible, so I'm using Cinderswallow urn with a movement speed veiled mod, and the flask itself grants onslaught, that has additional 20% movement speed, it's not visible on the flask itself, but you can see it on the tooltip.

Another flask is the quicksilver one, also for movement speed and it has bleed immunity suffix. I will swap it for the one with Freeze immunity mod as soon as I'll get "corrutped blood cannot be inflicted to you" implicit on one of my skill tree jewels, I'm still working on it but no luck yet. This jewel implict is a must have for every PoE build.

3rd flask is a Divination Distillate for iiq and iir bonus. Never increase quality of this flask, becasue you cannot make it back, and it will decrease efectiveness of flask effect duration - it would just last shorter, as it would regenerate more life and mana in the same amount of time, and when it's fully regenereted, the flask effect would end faster.

Some players say, that this flask can only work good with some special setups, but I don't want to sacrifice too much to get more of it's effect, and even when it lasts only from time to time, it's still very rewarding in my opinion.

This flask also grants +6% to maximum resistances, but currently my overcapped resistances are not as high to benefit from all of this 6%.

If you want to solve this problem, use The Wise Oak flask, as it would overcap resistances to get this bonus and with the cold resistance being the highest it would also grant additional 20% cold penetration if you have the legacy version.

For now, I'm not using The Wise Oak in favour of the legacy Atziri's Promise, which adds a lot of chaos dmg and grants 2% chaos dmg leeched as life, which greatly helps with survivability and boss tanking
really like The Wise Oak flask too, I was using it in 3.9 version, and maybe I will start using it again in future.

Last flask is the Bottled faith, it gives a lot of damage and creates a very large AoE consecrated ground, that also greatly helps to survive in hard situations. If you're using Bottled faith, remember to divine orb the +% to critical strike cahnce mod, which is very strong.

This is just my personal flasks setup preferecne, and I think it's really a free choice here, depending on what do you like and which gameplay style do you prefer.

I may be making a mistake here, but I'm not using Dying Sun flask for +2 projectiles, becasue the barrage support gem gets 5% less attack speed per projectile, so it would be good for my mapping with Ice Shot skill supported by Greater Multiple Projectiles, but not that good for bossing while supported by Barrage support.

CLUSTER AND NON-CLUSTER SKILL TREE JEWELS

The main 3.11 update of this build was the cluster jewels introduction.

I use 2 large cluster jewels and 1 medium cluster jewel and no small cluster jewels.

This setup also lets me use 2 more non-cluster tree jewels, than before.

So in total use 3 cluster jewels and 8 non cluster ones, so it's 11 jewels in total.

My first cluster jewel is a large one with elemental damage node, and it's located at the right side of the tree.

It has allocated vengeful commander for 30% increased effect of hatred, Prismatic Heart with +10% to all elemental resistances also with increased elemental damage and doryani's lesson with some life leech and additional increased elemental damage too.

This jewel has 2 jewel sockets, in one of them there's a Searching eye jewel socketed, and in the 2nd one there's a medium cluster jewel with critical strike chance node.

It has allocated Precise commander with increased crit strike chance and increased crit multi and Pressure points for increased crit strike chance and 5% chance to deal double damage with critical strikes.
It has 1 jewel socket with searching eye jewel socketed.

3rd cluster jewel is a large one with cold damage node. It's located on the bottom right side of the tree.

It has allocated Vengefull commander same as the other large cluster jewel and blanketed snow for 10% cold penetration. The Disorienting Display notable isn't allocated.
In the 2 jewel sockets there are 2 non-cluster jewels socketed.

SKILL TREE:

On the skill tree I try to get as much life as I can.
Other important thing, like I've mentioned before is movement speed, so I have Fleetfoot, Quickstep and Fangs of the Viper allocated and they all together grant additional 22% of it.

Dropping Point Blank on the tree, which i have on the quiver corruption implicit mod lets me get another point to use on the tree.
I have allocated 1 of the 2 5% increased effect of flasks points, so my Divination Distillate 25% iiq is now 26%.

Another importnant notable is Fangs of frost, that grants 8% cold penetration, 30% increased cold damage and 10% increased effect of chill, that helps with slowing down bosses, same as the Hypothermia gem.

I've dropped the Primeval Force Notable Node with 5% elemental penetration, because now I have 10% cold penetration form Blanketed Snow cluster jewel mod.

So currently I have 18% cold penetration from the skill tree.

ASCENDANCY

My ascendancy is Deadeye, and it remains unchanged since the 3.10 version:

It has:

Ricochet for +1 chain,
Endless munitions for +1 projectile,
Gathering winds for increased movement and attack speed from Tailwind
and Far Shot, which mitigates the Point blank penalty with long range attacks.

PANTHEON:

My major Pantheon also remains unchanged, it's Soul of Lunaris, as a major god, mainly for physical damage reduction, which is a weak point of this build, and soul of Shakari as a minor god for poison immunity.

BANDITS QUEST:

Bandits quest status is help Alira for additional +15% to all elemental resistances and a nice 20% crit strike multiplier.

SKILLS AND AURAS GEMS SETUP:
Spoiler

Here are my skills and auras setups:

My gems setup hasn't changed since the previous 3.10 version of this build, I've only upgraded some of them.

MAPPING ICE SHOT:

Main 6 link skill for map clearing is:
Ice Shot, connected to:
Greater multiple projectiles (I still don't have the awakener version),
Awakened Elemental Damage with Weapons [lvl 6 (20% quality)],
Awakened Added Cold Damage - Note, that the awakener version of this gem at lvl 5 gives +1 to active cold skill gems, which is the Ice Shot gem in this case, so it's a really good synergy.
next gem is Increased Item Quantity (21/23)
last gem is Hypothermia (20/20), which works really well for me, because Ice Shot skill always chills enemies, so I'm getting the massive "more damage" bonus from it.
Just in case you didn't know, "more damage" mod scales way better, than the "increased damage" mod.

I've also tested other gems instead of Hypothermia, and the ones, that I think are quite good are:
Mirage Archer, for fast map clearing and Damage on full life gem, which adds 59% more damage on full life, but for me Hypothermia works best one, mainly becasue of the freeze chance for magic find bonus and increased effect of chill to slow down enemies.

SINGLE TARGET ICE SHOT:

Secondary 6-link is for single target monsters and bosses and it's basically almost the same gem setup, as the 1st 6link, but the only difference is Barrage Support gem instead of Greater Multiple projectiles.
Note, that this is barrage support gem, not the barrage skill gem, which is a whole different thing and I'm not using it.
By the way, don't do this mistake and don't buy lvl 21 version of barrage support gem, becasue theres no difference between 20 and 21, until you get +1 to this gem somehow, so it's lvl 22, which would result in -1% less damage.
-1% may not seem like too much, but at min-maxed character this 1% scales really good and makes a big difference.

Hypothermia gem is perfect here, becasue of it's increased effect of chill, which really helps with slowing down and overleeching bosses.

POWER CHARGES SOURCE:

For power charges generation source I use the old good Herald of Ice + Curse on hit + Assasin's mark combo, of course linked to another IIQ gem, so i don't lose any IIQ bonus from enemies shattered with this herald.
Keep in mind, that there's Awakened version of curse on Hit Gem, but I still don't have it.

OTHER AURAS:

My other auras are Hatred and precision, connected with Enlighten lvl 4 for less mana reserved, so I can lvl up the precision aura to lvl 13 without any mana problems.

MOVEMENT SKILL:

My movement skill is Blink Arrow.

Perfect Blink arrow combo would be connected with faster attacks, faster projectiles, that also speeds up the teleportarion, the second wind support gem and with the iiq gem. Currently I don't use any of them, becasue I don't have any free sockets, but if you prefer faster movemnt skill you can drop enlighten and precision gems and use 2 of the ones, that I've mentioned, it's a personal preference here. I'm doing good with just Blink arrow and it works fine, even when I'm hunting Vaal Winds corrupting tempest, but of course they would be very helpful.

DEFENSIVE SKILL:

My defensive skill is currently Steel skin lvl 18, triggered by Cast when damage taken lvl 14.
You can change these gems' lvls, but keep in mind, that the lvl requirements of them must match, so the skill trigger is possible. If you mismatch them, the steel skin won't trigger at all.

OFFENSIVE SKILL:

My offensive damage buff is Vaal Haste, and I really recommend using it, because it's very strong. It increases damage and movement speed. Note, that I don't use normal Haste aura which would reserve mana, and I'm only using the temporary Vaal version, when I catch enough Vaal Souls to activate it and it really helps with bosses and also with faster mapping, as it buffs not only attack speed, but also movement speed.

Both of these defensive and offensive skills are connected to increased duration support gem, so they're lasting longer.

DAMAGE TOOLTIPS:

My mapping skill GMP setup tooltip shows 113.514 damage, and with all flasks active it shows 156.844
On the single target barrage support setup it shows 43.951 damage and flasks active it's 60.632

Keep in mind, that for Hypothermia more damage against chilled enemies it's not shown on the tooltip, and it's a really big damage boost.

In-game tooltips are not always accurate and sometimes they just don't show all the stats, so I recommend you to rather check your build in Path of Building programme, than in the game.

I've also compared damage before and after 3.11 skill tree nerf, and the damage tooltips dropped by about 4% after 3.11 the current character setup.

DEFENCE TOOLTIPS:

My resistances are: 75/75/75 and with all flasks up, they're 75/81/75 so as you can see and as I've mentioned before I'm not taking full benefits from +6% to all resistances from Divination Distillate, because they're not overcapped enough.

Physical damage reduction is only 3%
chance to dodge attacks is 30%,
chance to evade attacks is 24% and with all Tailwind active, which requires just to use any skill it's 38%

Life pool is 6274 with fertile catalysts applied on all of the jewellery - amulet, rings and the belt.

HOW TO APPLY THIS BUILD TO HARVEST LEAGUE?

I'm not gonna make a Harvest league version of this build, I'm gonna stay on standard, but I'll try to give a few tips on how to adapt it to temporary leagues.

I'm pretty sure, that there are better and faster Magic find current meta builds for temporary leagues, I just wanna help with adapting my version, maybe at least it will inspire someone:

BOW:
Bow is of cou e a Windripper.

QUIVER:
Quiver should be Riqwald's quills or a good Rare one.

HELMET:
Helmet with 20% iiq is impossible to get, so I would suggest Devoto's Devotion or the Rat's nest or a good rare helmet, or just whatever works for you. They both increase movement speed, which is very needed in this character.

ARMOUR:
Body armour should remain the same, good thing is, that it doesn't have a legacy version.

GLOVES:
Gloves Should be non-legacy sadima's touch gloves, that can now have 10% iiq.

BOOTS:
Boots should be a non-legacy unique Goldwyrm Boots, which gives 20% IIQ

AMULET:
20% iiq mod on the amulet is legacy, so the best option would be a bisco's collar, or a Syndycate converted talisman with 10% iiq corrupted implicit mod.

You can also get 10% iiq on lvl85 explicit mod shaper influenced amulets.

RINGS:

Best option for rings would be the Ventor's Gamble ones with 10% iiq.

BELT:
best Belt would be of course a headhunter. The one with 5% iiq corruption implicit would be perfect, but it's really expensive, especially on the league.

FLASKS:

Flasks should remain the same, as on standard league version, in non-legacy versions of course.

jewels and cluster jewels would be the same as on standard, of course abyssal jewels would be the non legacy versions, so maybe replacing them with classic square jewels with 7% hp would be a good idea.

If you don;t feel too strong with the standard or with the temporary league version of this build, just swap some of the iiq items for normal items until you can iprove it with some better tree jewels or other gear, because at last, this game should be fun, and not the struggle.

I'm gonna show some highliths from good drops made with this character.

Path of building pastebin and forum thread with written version of this guide is in the video description.

That's all for this version, thanks for watching and see you in the next video!

OLD (3.10) version is archived here:

Spoiler

Build guide video: https://youtu.be/ogcv_6nqrzY

PoB pastebin: https://pastebin.com/07bGABvA

DETAILED GUIDE

Hi, and welcome in 3.10 almost maximum possible IIQ Ice Shot magic find build.

Keep in mind, that this is a standard league build made with legacy items, but it's still possible to do a similar build on the temporary leagues, just with lower item quantity values.

Since it's a standard league, it can utilise items from 3.9 patch Metamorph league (like catalysts), that have just merged with standard league few days ago, and it actually cannot use any items from 3.10 Delirium league, like cluster tree jewels which will merge with standard after the league ends, so it's always one league behind.

As you can see, compared with my older build video, I've switched from Tornado Shot skill, which I was using in 3.9 and now I'm using Ice Shot only. It really feels much better and stronger, also I have a feeling, that I'm getting more windripper freeze bonus, becasue I suspect, that the secondary tornado shot projectiles may not have been meeting the cold damage amount theshhold to freeze some of the rare or unique monsters with bigger life pool, but this is just my theory.

If you still want to use Tornado Shot, you can just swap the Ice Shot gem with Tornado shot, becasue whole build scales pretty much the same, so it's totally convertible and it takes just a moment to do so, but Ice Shot feels so much better, that I don't expect going back to tornado shot ever again...

Current version is not low tier maps only anymore, like the previuos one, now it feels stronger, and t14+ maps are possible to do, I'm still struggling with some stronger bosses, but compared to older version I really feel, that I've made a big progrees, but of course there's still a lot to do to make it better.

GEMS skills setup and GEAR:

MAIN SKILL FOR MAPPING (BODY ARMOUR):

Spoiler

Main 6 link skill for map clearing is:
Ice Shot, connected to:
Greater multiple projectiles (I dont have the awakener version yet, but I'm working on it),
Awakened Elemental Damage with Weapons [lvl 6 (20% quality)],
Awakened Added Cold Damage [lvl 5 (20% quality)], - Note, that the awakener version of this gem at lvl 5 gives +1 to active cold skill gems, which is the Ice Shot gem in this case, so it's a really good synergy and one of the reasons I've stopped using tornado shot.
next gem is Increased Item Quantity (21/23)
last gem is Hypothermia (20/20), which works really well for me, because Ice Shot skill is always chilling enemies, so I'm getting the massive "more damage" bonus from it.
Just in case you didn't know, "more damage" mod scales way better, than the "increased damage" mods.

I've also tested other gems instead of Hypothermia, and the ones, that I think are quite good are:
Mirage Archer, for fast map clearing and Damage on full life gem, which adds 59% more damage on full life, but for me Hypothermia is the best one, mainly becasue of the freeze chance for magic find bonus.

I'm using this setup on my Greed's Embrace chest, which is the only body armour, that gives 15% quantity and also 50% item rarity.

SECONDARY SKILL (BOW):
Spoiler

Secondary 6-link is for single target monsters and bosses and this is basically almost the same gem setup, as the 1st 6link, but the only difference is Barrage Support gem instead of Greater Multiple projectiles.
By the way, don't do this mistake and don't buy lvl 21 version of it becasue theres no difference between 20 and 21, until you get +1 to this gem somehow, so it's lvl 22, which would result in -1% less damage.
-1% may not seem like too much, but at min-maxed character this 1% scales really good and makes a big difference.

Hypothermia gem is perfect here, becasue it increases the chill effect, which really helps to slow down and tank bosses.

These gems are socketed on my Bow, which is a legacy Windripper, but don't worry if you don't have the legacy version, it's not tha big difference, and you wouldn't start dropping exalts and mirrors just by getting the legacy one.

Spoiler

[QUIVER:]

Quiver is Rigwald's Quills, it's realy great mainly becasue of the fork bonus, which is OP for mapping and it has point blank implicit mod, which lets me free the point blank skill passive from the skill tree and it elsewhere. I'm also not that sure if +1 projectile would be that good for me, as every additional projectile slows down attakc while using barrage support for single target, and for me single target is more important, than map clear speed.

Power charge source combo (HELMET):
Spoiler

For power charges generation source i'm using the old good Herald of Ice + Curse on hit + Assasin's mark combo, of course linked to another IIQ gem, so i don't lose any IIQ bonus from enemies shattered with this herald.
Keep in mind, that there's Awakened version of curse on Hit Gem, but I still don't have it.

These gems are socketed in the helmet, which is a rare Lion Pelt with 20% quant and a lot of life, which is very important in this kind of builds, so you don't die all the time, since magic find builds usually use some weak items, at least mine do, because quantity is my priority, not the damage or clear speed, but they're of course also very important.

OTHER AURAS AND MOVEMENT SKILL (GLOVES):

My other auras are Hatred and precision, connected with Enlighten lvl 4 for less mana reserved, so I can lvl up the precision aura to lvl 13 without any mana problems.

My movement skill is Blink Arrow.

Perfect Blink arrow combo would be connected with faster attacks, faster projectiles, that also speeds up the teleportarion, the new second wind support and the iiq gem. Currently I'm not using any of them, becasue I don't have any free sockets, but if you prefer faster movemnt skill you can drop enlighten and precision gems and use 2 of the ones I've mentioned, it's a personal preference here. I'm doing good with just Blink arrow and no support gems and it works fine, even when I'm hunting the Vaal Winds corrupting tempest, but of course they would be very helpful.

These gems are on the legacy unique Sadima's touch gloves with maximum 24% quantity possible on this item slot. Good option is to mirror a 20% IIQ rare gloves, which are much stronger, but then you lose 4% quant. I don't have a mirror to get the rare gloves and I think I prefer the unique ones, becasue this build is intended to acheive as much IIQ as it's possible, without any compromises.

The enchant is "of Fury" which is, from what I know the best one for bow builds, but maybe some other ones are good too.

DEFENSIVE SKILL AND OFFENSIVE TEMPORARY BUFF (BOOTS):

My defensive skill is currently Steel skin lvl 18, triggered by Cast when damage taken lvl 14.
You can change these gems' lvls, but keep in mind, that the lvl requirements of them must match, so the skill trigger is possible, if you mismatch them, the steel skin will just not trigger at all.

My offensive damage buff is Vaal Haste, and I really recommend to use it, because it's really strong. Note, that I'm not using normal Haste aura which would reserve mana, and I'm only using the temporary Vaal version, when I catch enough Vaal Souls to do so and it really helps with bosses and also with faster mapping, as it buffs not only attack speed, but also movement speed.

Thanks to Mai Cedere Magic find build guide, which aade me use this great buff. By the way he also runs the most popular mirror shop with best IIQ items in the game, so if you need them, you know where to go :)

Both of these defensive and offensive skills are connected to increased duration support gem, so they're lasting longer.

They're in the legacy unique Goldwyrm Boots, which gives 30% IIQ and it's the maximum possible value on this slot. It's the same situation, like with gloves, you can get rare ones with 20% quant, and you get more life, movement speed and damage, but it would also sacrifice 10% IIQ. I prefer pushing it into extreme IIQ and I doubt if I would use the rare ones even if I could afford them.

Becasue of the fact, that they grant only 10% movement speed, the enchant is also the 10% movement speed to mitigate thi s problem a bit.

JEWELLERY:

The amulet is a rare 20% iiq one with tier 1 life mod and constitutin anoint to increase life even more.
The am et with some luck can be converted into spinefuse talisman in the Syndycate at Jorgin in Research, which would grant additional 10% IIQ on the implicit, resulting with 30% iiq on this slot.
This 10% iiq here is the only 10% that I'm actually missing to have the maximum possible quantity value in the game. The only other sources of IIQ right now are incresed effect of flasks with Pathfinder ascendancy, but this is only temporary buff, when the IIQ flask is active, and the other theoretical source is on the rings, with 5% iiq vaal implicit, but it would require a 20% iiq lvl 84 ring base, but from what I know they just don't exist in the game, or they're just on some inactive accounts, so right now thy're most likely impossible to get.

Talkng of rings, my rings rare items with maximum 20% iiq for this slot and tier 1 life mods.
In future I'd like to mirror some good 20% iiq rings, but there are so many other things to do.

BELT:

Belt is a Headhunter becasue it's the most enjoyable and crazy item in this game and gives so much fun, that I just can't stop using it since I started. People Love it or hate it. I'm in the first group, and that's why it's the only item slot, that I sacrificed IIQ for better fun and build power.
Now it is possible to upgrade belts as well as amulets and rings with catalyst's, that increases quality, which buffs the specific item mods. I don't have them yet, they're still quite expensive, but the ones I will go for are Fertile catalysts to increase the life pool.

Max possible IIQ on the belt slot would be a string of servitude with 15% iiq and no other stats.

Another option is a Legacy 12% IIQ perandus blazon, and if you somehow manage to get the ilvl 84 legacy version and be lucky enough to hit 5% iiq corruption implicit you would have 17% but I'm not sure if this kind of belt even exists and you would really need a lot of luck to get it.

Perfect option for me would be a HH with 5% iiq implcit, and this is my goal.

FLASKS:

Becasue of the greeed's embrace -20% movement speed and poor 10% movement speed on the boots I try to get some more of it wherever it's possible, so I'm using Cinderswallow urn with a movement speed veiled mod, and the flask itself grants onslaught, that has additional 20% movement speed, it's not visible on the flask itself, but you can see it on the tooltip.

Another flask is the quicksilver one, also for movement speed and it has bleed immunity suffix I will swap it for the one with Freeze immunity mod as soon as I'll get "corrutped blood cannot be inflicted" implicit on one of my skill tree jewels, I'm still working on it but no luck yet. This jewel implict is a must have for every PoE build.

3rd flask is a Divination Distillate for iiq and iir bonus. Never increase quality of this flask, becasue you cannot make it back, and it will decrease efectiveness of flask effect duration - it would just last shorter, as it would regenerate more life and mana in the same amount of time, and when it's fully regenereted, the flask effect would end faster.
Some players say, that this flask can only work good with some special setups, but I don't want to sacrifice too much to get more of it's effect, and even when it lasts only from time to time, it's still very rewarding in my opinion.

This flask also grants +6% to maximum resistances, but currently my overcapped resistances are not as high to benefit from all of this 6%.
If you want to solve this problem, use The Wise Oak flask, as it would overcap resistances to get this bonus and with the cold resistance being the highest it would also give additional 20% cold penetration.

For now, I'm not using The Wise Oak in favour of the legacy Atziri's Promise, which adds a lot of chaos dmg and grants 2% chaos dmg leeched as lif e, which greatly helps with survivability and boss tanking. I really like The Wise Oak flask too, I was using it in 3.9 version, and maybe I will start using it again in future.

Last flask is Bottled faith, it gives a lot of damage and creates very large AoE consecrated ground, that also greatly helps to survive in hard situations.

This is just my personal flasks setup preferecne, and I think it's really a free choice here, depending on what do you like and which gameplay style do you prefer. Personally I like the piano-style drunken master flask spamming all the time, so I really care about them to be good.

I may be making a mistake here, but I'm not using Dying Sun flask for +2 projectiles, becasue actually, like I've mentioned before with the quiver, the barrage support gem gets 5% less attack speed per projectile. So it would be good for my mapping with Ice Shot skill supported by Greater Multiple Projectiles, but not that good for bossing while supported by Barrage support.

SKILL TREE JEWELS:

My strongest skill tree jewel is Watcher's eye with +% to critical strike chance while affected by hatred which is really good, especially for windripper.

Other jewels are legacy searching eye ones with as much life, damage and resistacnes as I could get, and some classic, square rare jewels, also with life, damage and resistantes.
I try to double corrupt the non-legacy classic jewels, so i don't rip any of the legacy searching eye ones, but so far i wasn't lucky to get the corruption blood immunity mod, that I've mentioned before.

SKILL TREE:

On the skill tree I try to get as much life as I can.
Other important things, like I've mentioned before is movement speed, so I have Fleetfoot, Quickstep and Fangs of the Viper allocated and they all together grant additional 22% of it.

Dropping Point Blank on the tree, which i have on the quiver implicit now lets me get another 5% increased flasks effect, So I'm having both of these points now, which results in 10% incerased flask effect.
This is really great, becasue it buffs all effetcts of the flasks, so the Divination distillate 25% iiq is now actually 27%.

Another importnant notable is Fangs of frost, that grants 8% cold penetration, 30% increased cold damage and 10% increased effect of chill, that helps with slowing down bosses, same as the Hypothermia gem.

ASCENDANCY:

My ascendancy is Deadeye, and I took:

Ricochet for +1 chain,
Endless munitions for +1 projectile,
Gathering winds for increased movement and attack speed from Tailwind
and Far Shot, which mitigates the Point blank penalty with long range attacks.

PANTHEON:

My major Pantheon god is Soul of Lunaris, mainly for physical damage reduction, which is a weak point of this build, and the minor god is soul of Shakari for poison immunity.

BANDITS QUEST:

Bandits quest status is help Alira for additional +15% to all elemental resistances and a nice 20% crit strike multiplier.

IIQ and IIR values:

My mapping Ice shot setup with 21/23 IIQ gem has 194% flat quant and 49% rarity, and with Windripper bonuses and Divination distillate flask effect additional temporary 27+25% quant and 59+50% rarity, which gives total numbers of 246% quantity and 158 rarity.

Values on a single target ice shot setup are almost the same, as the IIQ gem is just 21/20, and they're 245% iiq and 158 rarity, so theres only 1% iiq difference.

DAMAGE TOOLTIPS

My mapping skill GMP setup tooltip shows 38,319 damage, and with all flasks active it shows 54,619
On the single target barrage support setup it shows 92,254 damage and flasks active it's 131,201.

Keep in mind, that for Hypothermia more damage agains chilled enemies it's not shown on the tooltip, and it's a really big damage boost.
In-game tooltips are not always accurate and sometimes they just don't show all the stats, so I recommend you to rather check your build in Path of Building programme, than in the game.

DEFENCE TOOLTIPS:

My resistances are: 75/76/75 and with all flasks up, they're 76/82/75 so as you can see and as I mentioned before I'm not taking full benefits from +6% to all resistances from Divination Distillate.

Physical damage reduction is only 3%, which is a weak side of this build,
chance to dodge attacks is 30%,
chance to evade attacks is 29% and with all Tailwind active, which require just to use any skill is 43%

Life pool is 6068, but keep in mind, that I haven't applied fertile catalysts on the jewellery yet, and they would increase it a bit.

Sadly, when I try to do some very juicy 8 modded, fully sextanted and quad ivory watchstones and quad scarab maps, the loot is so big, that my PC just cannot handle it, and frames are dropping so much, that it's almost unplayable, so I just need a better PC to fully use the potential of this build, becasue this what you see now happens. I really hope to upgrade my computer soon to reveal the full potential of this character.

So this is basically it, here are some clips from various maps and bosses, to show how this build perfoms on the higher maps. I'm gonna do the next version of it for sure, becasue it's my most favourite build, that I have and I'm investing all my currency, that I earn into it, so stayed tuned!
Thanks for watching, and see you in the next video, Exiles!

youtube.com/clickachu
what is the minimum iiq to start with so drops feel good?

playing standard atm and cant afford everything right away so any suggestion on how to get going?

have about 20 ex to start.

rags to riches progression if you will.
"
nickaustin wrote:

playing standard atm and cant afford everything right away so any suggestion on how to get going?

Hi!

I have answered your question on youtube, some time ago, so I'll paste the reply also here:

20 ex is a bit low, maybe start from non-legacy windripper, 2x ventor's gamble ring and keep going with the upgrades as you farm currency. There isn't any minimum iiq I think, maybe something about 100% iiq would be good, so your drops are doubled. The key isn't in the character, it's in the good maps. Just do good corrupted maps with over 100% map IIQ, over 30% monster pack size, use sac fragments, prophecies, scarabs, ivory watchstones and sextants. With well prepared maps you will see good drops even with quite low character iiq. Maybe this video on how to craft 8-modded maps will be helpful for you: https://youtu.be/BPsCN54-KzM
youtube.com/clickachu
Last edited by Clickachu on Aug 8, 2020, 10:22:24 AM
"
Clickachu wrote:
"
nickaustin wrote:

Hi!

I have answered your question on youtube, some time ago, so I'll paste the reply also here:

20 ex is a bit low, maybe start from non-legacy windripper, 2x ventor's gamble ring and keep going with the upgrades as you farm currency. There isn't any minimum iiq I think, maybe something about 100% iiq would be good, so your drops are doubled. The key isn't in the character, it's in the good maps. Just do good corrupted maps with over 100% map IIQ, over 30% monster pack size, use sac fragments, prophecies, scarabs, ivory watchstones and sextants. With well prepared maps you will see good drops even with quite low character iiq. Maybe this video on how to craft 8-modded maps will be helpful for you: https://youtu.be/BPsCN54-KzM

thank you for reply,

Got my hand on windripper and got +Item quantity gem on loan from a friend.

I have question about ventor

some of the ventors (read cheap which are in my price range)
have reduced rarity modifiers on it does it matter?

I know we focus on quantity but reduced rarity will it hamper us? (lets say for example 30% reduced rarity of items found x2)

Thank you.

Last edited by nickaustin on Aug 12, 2020, 3:10:44 PM
What loot filter you use ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info