[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

I never had a build from a guide, but also never finished Elder, Shaper, Sirus.. Is it achievable with this guide, or super expensive to do late endgame stuff?
"
cna wrote:
"
markuskanada wrote:

So yesterday I leveled Acts with ED\Cont in Spellslinger, Blight for more single target, and no soulrend at all. It does not have that rocket start in act3, but besides that, its still a very strong leveling setup, expeically when you progress further into the acts. Thats my own experience, dont know whats the best strat post nerf

Could you give a tldr on the path for the chaoslinger after the nerf? I would like to try it for leveling.

On page 1 under leveling, OP added a link to a chaosslinger leveling guide on Youtube. That video, and the video that is uploaded after that one, are going to help you. I did pretty much the same thing, just without Soulrend. So it means I have 3link-Spellslinger-Contagion, 4link-Spellslinger-ED. And Blight 4Link. That carried me very fast through Acts, and I ran a few low tier maps after that, I was only level 64 or so, but it was really good. I guess around late yellow, you have to go self cast ED.
"
I never had a build from a guide, but also never finished Elder, Shaper, Sirus.. Is it achievable with this guide, or super expensive to do late endgame stuff?

I'm not the guide maker, but ED Trickster is for a reason one of the best (if not THE best) league starter. The damage scales a lot with gem levels (that means you dont require specific gear to enable the build, just play and level up gems), the clear is absolutely bonkers, single target is not very strong but extremely safe, you can play all map mods (reflect and stuff), trickster ascendancy comes with soooo much quality of life (ghost shrouds, mana\es\life recovery, movementspeed and cast speed etc.).

I love the playstyle (even without spellslinger) and have played ED already 3 times or so. My friends always played much more expensive builds, but they kept on asking me to kill their A8 Sirus etc all the time :D

\Edit

Well, this being said, at some point when you get to red maps, you will notice it takes quite a while to kill bosses, so its not like you can keep your trash gear from maps tier 1. You have to invest a little bit at some point, 6link etc., +level gear like empower or a bow or Cane of Unravelling. Its not expensive though, dont worry.
Last edited by markuskanada on Sep 16, 2020, 8:55:23 AM
"
Rootsmann wrote:
The new corruption wheel is sexy and offer two small nodes that gives each 4% chaos resistance penetration. Which is quite unique and must have a strong dps impact.
It's pretty far on the tree though so probably just not worth it.

Maybe anointing Corruption will make sense for some additional ES leech but it's mostlikely not an excellent choice.

Penetration only work on hits. The new nodes are even worse than they used to be, annoint or skip corruption. Also, leech on ED is kinda shit since the initial hit is so weak.

"

Don't expect following a build guide to be a cheatcode to beat the game.
ED is a pretty good pick to clear endgame bosses on a budget, because of its clean and safe playstyle. Keep in mind it's not particularly high damage tho.
You will not do uber elder and Al8 sirus on a 50c budget with the gear you enter maps with. But the guide tries to walk you through upgrade paths for each items and where to spend your currency to upgrade your character as you go. It's importent to upgrade your gear as you progress through the game, otherwise you'll hit a wall pretty quickly. Following a guide helps you with this.

Normally, there isn't much to farm to be able to clear endgame content, if anything. What you find on the way to al8 sirus will allow you to gear enough to beat him. So in a way it's not expensive. Other builds with high singletartget damage from cheap game mechanics (ball lightning mines for exemple) may not even need anything else than a 6l to beat al8 sirus, meaning you can save time and currency while getting to endgame. ED isn't like that.
But it's not like freezing pulseor flicker strike where you need to farm a few hundreads of t14s to buy good enough gear to beat any endgame encounter comfortably.
"
markuskanada wrote:
"
cna wrote:
"
markuskanada wrote:

So yesterday I leveled Acts with ED\Cont in Spellslinger, Blight for more single target, and no soulrend at all. It does not have that rocket start in act3, but besides that, its still a very strong leveling setup, expeically when you progress further into the acts. Thats my own experience, dont know whats the best strat post nerf

Could you give a tldr on the path for the chaoslinger after the nerf? I would like to try it for leveling.

On page 1 under leveling, OP added a link to a chaosslinger leveling guide on Youtube. That video, and the video that is uploaded after that one, are going to help you. I did pretty much the same thing, just without Soulrend. So it means I have 3link-Spellslinger-Contagion, 4link-Spellslinger-ED. And Blight 4Link. That carried me very fast through Acts, and I ran a few low tier maps after that, I was only level 64 or so, but it was really good. I guess around late yellow, you have to go self cast ED.

Thanks, will try to run this tonight or tomorrow as a test run for act1-5 or something.
"
markuskanada wrote:
"

I'm not the guide maker, but ED Trickster is for a reason one of the best (if not THE best) league starter. The damage scales a lot with gem levels (that means you dont require specific gear to enable the build, just play and level up gems), the clear is absolutely bonkers, single target is not very strong but extremely safe, you can play all map mods (reflect and stuff), trickster ascendancy comes with soooo much quality of life (ghost shrouds, mana\es\life recovery, movementspeed and cast speed etc.).

I love the playstyle (even without spellslinger) and have played ED already 3 times or so. My friends always played much more expensive builds, but they kept on asking me to kill their A8 Sirus etc all the time :D

\Edit

Well, this being said, at some point when you get to red maps, you will notice it takes quite a while to kill bosses, so its not like you can keep your trash gear from maps tier 1. You have to invest a little bit at some point, 6link etc., +level gear like empower or a bow or Cane of Unravelling. Its not expensive though, dont worry.

Thank you! Now things getting clear for me. I will see if I can beat late endgame stuff. i let you know :=)
"
Penetration only work on hits. The new nodes are even worse than they used to be, annoint or skip corruption. Also, leech on ED is kinda shit since the initial hit is so weak.

I'm ashamed of myself for forgeting the hit tag of both penetration and leech.
So do you guys think its better to go manual cast spells or use spellsinger for leveling at league start? Never tried chaossinger so correct me if im wrong. is this setup correct with last patch notes?

ED + SPELLSINGER + EFFICACY + CON DESTRUCTION
CONTAGION + SPELLSINGER + INCREASED AOE
FRENZY + GMP to proc spellsinger

is this setup good? We cant use soulrend now? Will spellsinger get me to maps faster than manual ed?

Last edited by Str0ng on Sep 16, 2020, 12:55:20 PM
I am looking to league start this (I really like you gear upgrade flow charts, well done).
I hope we will get an updated passive tree once PoB has it uploaded.
Played this in 3.11 and plan on doing it in 3.12. Super fun build. I definitely didn't take it as far as I could have, but one thing that I think I missed was the dodge... when I look at my dodge chance it's 53% when in my hideout. Should it be at 75%? Here's my gear:

If it should be at 75% then I missed something while leveling- don't want to miss it again in 3.12 :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info