[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

Personally I like to run my chaos slinger with GMP on the Soulrend. I've just tried a few runs of Desecrated Chambers at level 67 with and without GMP and the difference is noticeable - monsters by the side die faster and I worry less about leaving stragglers alive while I run by. Soulrend seems to help Essence Drain by killing off the monster faster, leaving more duration remaining when Essence Drain spreads.

Unfortunately it looks like GMP is just too expensive on reservation. Using LMP (40% instead of 65%) is still feasible, but I think I will probably try to live without it.

With the Charisma cluster this is a possible plan for the different levels of Spellslinger base reservation, starting with 3L/3L ED/SR at 30%, 4L/3L at 29% and 4L/4L at 27%

30% Base Reservation
Spellslinger + Contagion
Spellslinger + Essence Drain + Efficacy
Spellslinger + Soulrend + Void Manipulation
Mana Reserved = 94%

29% Base Resrvation
Spellslinger + Contagion
Spellslinger + Essence Drain + Efficacy + Void Manipulation
Spellslinger + Soulrend + Void Manipulation
Mana Reserved = 96%

27% Base Resrvation
Spellslinger + Contagion
Spellslinger + Essence Drain + Efficacy + Void Manipulation
Spellslinger + Soulrend + Void Manipulation + Swift Affliction
Mana Reserved = 97%

If you find a 5L, then socket the Conqueror's Efficiency quest reward in Act 8 (Wings of Vastiri) for an additional 2% reduced reservation, which allows you to 5L Essence Drain at 25% base reservation with Eldritch Battery:
Spellslinger + Contagion
Spellslinger + Essence Drain + Efficacy + Void Manipulation + Controlled Destruction
Spellslinger + Soulrend + Efficacy + Swift Affliction
Mana Reserved = 100%
Last edited by woefulwabbit on Sep 15, 2020, 3:54:24 PM
"
Rootsmann wrote:

- Ghost shroud and Wind Dancer
Spoiler
While both mechanics are strong individually and still somehow work together by smoothing out ghost shroud rotation, they are a bit anti-synergistic.
Given the high evade / dodge chance of the build, I expect that you are mostly not "hit recently". Hence most of the time, the less evasion rating from wind dancer reduces the ES recovery from ghost shroud when you do get hit. Hence the anti-synergistic tag earlier.
Where the mechanics do smooth out together, is that even though your ghost shroud gives less ES on the first hit received, you do endure 20% less damage. And when you have been "hit recently", you get more evasion rating to go through these difficult times of ghost shroud recovery. And if you get hit again after 2 seconds, you have a single ghost shroud that recover more ES than usual, which is nice.

Is this indeed what happens, and are you actually happy about it?

Nope, that's not how ghost shrouds + Wind dancer work.

Ghost shrouds proc when you get hit and recover energy shield. This means that when you recover energy shield from a shroud, you always just got hit. Because Wind dancer gives global stats when you have been hit recently, you have always been hit recently when it comes to factoring WD evasion for ghost shrouds.
The synergy is actually very strong, wind dancer is just a 20% more evasion buff for ghost shrouds regen.

This is a bit confusing, as bvy the same logic, it seems that Wind dancer "20% less damage taken" should never apply. Everything is working as intended: the damage you take is part of the hit, so you technically haven't been hit recently when you take the damage. The recovery happens after the damage taken, so you have allways just been hit.
This is why health on block doesn't increase your effective hp against oneshots through glancing blows, btw.

"
Rootsmann wrote:

- Escape artist, life/ES hybrid and Acrobatcis
Spoiler
30% less ES sound as a big downfall on an ascendy that scales ES through it's ascendy, and on a build where the evasion rating of Hyrri's Ire is a major turning point.
From a pure "effective hit pool" (PoB) perspective, the phase acro cluster is much stronger than 30% more ES. While 30% more ES is significantly better from the "maximum hit taken" perspective.
So on the long run, you gain from having that Acro cluster. It's just that you push your build towards a RNG based defense instead of capitalising on the life/es hybridness.

Does pushing the build on a "don't get hit by adding dodge to evade" is motivated by the perks of having ghost shroud up?
Would pushing more on the life/ES perks by droping the Acro cluster and using Corrupted soul for a 5.3K life 4.5K ES (your 10-15 ex PoB) would sound like a decent idea from your perspective (putting aside the MoM/EB/Discipline versus none of those problem that this question rise)?

First of all, not having EB means we have to solve mana issues. Sure, enduring flasks exist, but you reallllly get used to the chill playstyle of brainlessly running every map mod. Flask management is also already hard on a build that presses as many buttons as ED, I don't want to micromanage a mana flask. Also, you'd have to remove an aura, most likely flesh and stone.

Sure, you could work around this, the points gained are about worth it.
But in the end, does that really matter? This build doesn't get oneshot, because of wind dancer. Your maximum hit taken with WD up is so high that nothing goes through. The only things that can oneshot you out of the blue are nasty overlaps, and dodge is insanely strong at mitigating them.
There are also times where you might not have noticed that wind dancer is down, and you'll get oneshot. That's the downside of dodge: giving you a false sense of security and letting you down when a big hit goes through. You can only solve this with game knowledge, sadly.
That said, even with the setup I'm proposing, the max hit taken is quite high (8kehp + 20% phys mitigation, instant regen), so a soft mitigation mechanic like dodge makes sense to stack to me.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:

Nope, that's not how ghost shrouds + Wind dancer work.

Ghost shrouds proc when you get hit and recover energy shield. This means that when you recover energy shield from a shroud, you always just got hit. Because Wind dancer gives global stats when you have been hit recently, you have always been hit recently when it comes to factoring WD evasion for ghost shrouds.
The synergy is actually very strong, wind dancer is just a 20% more evasion buff for ghost shrouds regen.

This is a bit confusing, as bvy the same logic, it seems that Wind dancer "20% less damage taken" should never apply. Everything is working as intended: the damage you take is part of the hit, so you technically haven't been hit recently when you take the damage. The recovery happens after the damage taken, so you have allways just been hit.
This is why health on block doesn't increase your effective hp against oneshots through glancing blows, btw.

This is highly unintuitive (as usual with poe) and a wonderfull news. The synergy is indeed very strong. I am much more excited about the build now. (btw if you discuss on reddit about this interaction, you'll have all answers on the side of the my initial assumption (anti-synergistic))

"
Darkxellmc wrote:

First of all, not having EB means we have to solve mana issues. Sure, enduring flasks exist, but you reallllly get used to the chill playstyle of brainlessly running every map mod. Flask management is also already hard on a build that presses as many buttons as ED, I don't want to micromanage a mana flask. Also, you'd have to remove an aura, most likely flesh and stone.

Sure, you could work around this, the points gained are about worth it.
But in the end, does that really matter? This build doesn't get oneshot, because of wind dancer. Your maximum hit taken with WD up is so high that nothing goes through. The only things that can oneshot you out of the blue are nasty overlaps, and dodge is insanely strong at mitigating them.
There are also times where you might not have noticed that wind dancer is down, and you'll get oneshot. That's the downside of dodge: giving you a false sense of security and letting you down when a big hit goes through. You can only solve this with game knowledge, sadly.
That said, even with the setup I'm proposing, the max hit taken is quite high (8kehp + 20% phys mitigation, instant regen), so a soft mitigation mechanic like dodge makes sense to stack to me.

I'm not really wanting to change anything in your build, it's all about the theory behind it, putting things in perspectives.
Having you, the expert of the build, saying "in the end, does that really matter? This build doesn't get oneshot" after having put "effective hit pool" and "maximum hit taken" in perspectives in two opposite build direction (full forefront ehp and RNG based ehp), is completely good enough for me.
I get it that it's a trade off from which nothing tremendous will result from it.

I told you to not tackle the Mom/EB/Discipline hidden question because a 40% MoM can handle a 5.3K life + 4.5K ES with EB. But I'm glad you did because it made me realize that the build was button heavy. Bad news for my wrists :p

Thank you very much for having taken the time to answer my long post. You rock!
Will have to see what the numbers look like later, but wondering if a despair/impending doom setup for the 6L chest would make for a more mobile 2nd skill.
I'm not really fond of sitting still channeling from my boss experience a couple leagues ago with coc bladefall.
"
Will have to see what the numbers look like later, but wondering if a despair/impending doom setup for the 6L chest would make for a more mobile 2nd skill.
I'm not really fond of sitting still channeling from my boss experience a couple leagues ago with coc bladefall.

Bane's probably exactly what you are looking for as a 2nd singletarget 6l then.
Hey, I assume you're going to update the build with the recent patch notes, but how would you change this build with the changes to curses / Bane?

I'm fairly new to the game (ran an arc witch for a few weeks before end of league) and was thinking of running this build as my league start soon so I'm keen to plan it out.

Thanks for all the work you've done on this amazing guide :)
Last edited by Satricion on Sep 15, 2020, 10:13:10 PM
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"

Would that be comparable damage with Blight? I too don't like standing close to bosses channelling Blight.
Last edited by baboen on Sep 16, 2020, 2:33:52 AM
"
baboen wrote:
"
Darkxellmc wrote:

Would that be comparable damage with Blight? I too don't like standing close to bosses channelling Blight.

No, it's less damage, that's why we are using blight. Bane deals less damage than blight (altho it's hard to quantify due to the way blight works).
You also don't get infused chanelling which gives 10% more chaos damage to ED, and less chaos damage taken.

But Bane will refresh despair, and allows you to run around more since you don't have to melee channel.
Each have pros and cons. I personally prefer blight for the damage (I'm melee range to keep stuff blinded anyways), but bane is a perfectly fine option. There's nothing to change for it except the 6l chest setup.

"
Satricion wrote:
Hey, I assume you're going to update the build with the recent patch notes, but how would you change this build with the changes to curses / Bane?

I'm fairly new to the game (ran an arc witch for a few weeks before end of league) and was thinking of running this build as my league start soon so I'm keen to plan it out.

Thanks for all the work you've done on this amazing guide :)

Nothing changed for us. I more or less just have to update the guide version in the title ^^'
Harvest shit is legacy and will have to go tho, rest in peace.
Maybe we will have some change to our crafting method with the "new" tag system ?
"
Arkhandar wrote:
Maybe we will have some change to our crafting method with the "new" tag system ?

Not that I know for items showcased in this build, nah.
Which is a relief, we were very close to not be able to craft the 10ex bows "easily" anymore.

Anyways. Build is updated, except the flowcharts.
I should remove ornate quiver, synthesised and jewel implicits from the 3rd one, the first two won't have any change.
There really isn't anything different this time around, a convenient change from the last two leagues!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info