[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

Thanks a lot for updating. Have a great league start! I'll let you know how the build worked out for me.
Would you recommend this build for a moderately experienced player who is going to play SSFHC in Metamorph?
I have about 500 hours in the game, but haven't played since synthesis.
I have only tried ED/contagion once before, and had alot of fun with it, so want to try it again. But since I am planning to play SSF, I don't want to start out with a build that I probably won't get going properly cause I lack uniques. And since i don't have that much experience, I can't tell if that would be the case with this build.
Last edited by Izayoi1814 on Dec 12, 2019, 2:25:14 PM
Why not shove all 3 trees in one PoB build?
Would be much easier no navigate through them and compare for differences
"
Izayoi1814 wrote:
Would you recommend this build for a moderately experienced player who is going to play SSFHC in Metamorph?

Just from my experience, ed+contagion is as HC viable as possible, even when playing casually, but I doubt that it is SSF viable at the end-game. Without Ire and some other rare dodge sources you're a piece of paper for red-tier bosses
Last edited by TeModen on Dec 12, 2019, 5:18:53 PM
"
TeModen wrote:
"
Izayoi1814 wrote:

Just from my experience, ed+contagion is as HC viable as possible, even when playing casually, but I doubt that it is SSF viable at the end-game. Without Ire and some other rare dodge sources you're a piece of paper for red-tier bosses

Pretty much my thoughts. ED is a strong"ish" pick for SSFHC, but before you can get hyrri's (or a high eva/es chest) and MoM/EB, this specific implementation is really squishy. That's basically trickster for you.

If you're planning on doing SSFHC ED, I'd probably recommend trying to go CI, something like this: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/zozzo91/Rozsda%C3%ADrt%C3%B3?i=0&search=class%3DTrickster%26sort%3Denergy-shield
Here again, you're relying on your body armor to carry you really hard. I recommend against leaguestarting with ED in ssfHC really.

Maybe opt for a build that has access to EHP very early with a skill that's mechanicly powerful single target wise.
A MoM saboteur with pyroclast mine or an arc totems hierophant is a much more viable pick imo.

Last, don't forget SSF is about improvising with what you find, and hardcore is about not mindig rerolling sometimes, not not dying at all.
I hope you have time and determination on your hands, good luck!
Last edited by Darkxellmc on Dec 12, 2019, 6:19:49 PM
"
TeModen wrote:
Why not shove all 3 trees in one PoB build?
Would be much easier no navigate through them and compare for differences

I can do all 3 trees in one, but importing the items and doing 3 different item sets is a bit of a pain really. I personally prefer it segmented when I read guides to mark the upgrade steps more distinctly.
If you wanna do it, I'll link the pastebin in the thread, Prolix did it last league ^^'
Question about the transition to lategame, I wasn't able to find an answer throughout the thread. Why wait till 2k ES to get MoM? I took it super early on a practice ED character and didn't have any issues. We already have EB, so why not pick it up?
Why is Pain Attunement allocated in end-game PoB? We're not low life?
Solid guide and well done.

I just have 1 issue. Almost everyone seem to forget Kintsugi with ED trickster. I have played it for 2 leagues and tried bow, dual wield, wand / shield, CI, low life and eb + mom. With this build you get hit so rarely that with Kintsugi you get *most of the time* 25% more effective hp.

Personally i prefer the shield playstyle, it is faster with shield charge and safer with fortify. Combined with the new shield that gives max block you are going to have so many defensive layers that it doesn't matter so much if you have 50% dodge or 75%. With 90%+ total avoidance from dodge, evasion and block you will almost never get hit multiple times in a row. Add in Kintsugi and you have 25% more effective HP, that will fail very few times.

Finally the things that most likely kill you are 1 shot from bosses' spells. Attacks have to be with crazy mods and maybe some curses / shocked ground on you etc. 25% more effective HP is much better in my opinion for the times you are going to get hit, than another 10% dodge. The hits that won't kill you, you will regen back to full hp in 2-3 seconds depending on your damage. So better try to increase effective hp for the hits that will kill you.
Last edited by kwstas778 on Dec 12, 2019, 11:52:17 PM
"
KahLriK wrote:
Question about the transition to lategame, I wasn't able to find an answer throughout the thread. Why wait till 2k ES to get MoM? I took it super early on a practice ED character and didn't have any issues. We already have EB, so why not pick it up?

If your ES pool is less than 30% of HP+ES, you will run in a situation where you are out of ES and cannot cast anything, resulting in your quick death.
It doesn't really happen because of the other layers of defense (namely dodge), but it's to keep in mind.
Maybe it's fine with ghost shrouds, idk. If you say it's fine with 1.2-1.5k es, for sure go for it!

"
DookyPoohole wrote:
Why is Pain Attunement allocated in end-game PoB? We're not low life?

Brutal restraint of deshret's changes Pain Attenument into Wind dancer. We are not lowlife and PA wouldn't give us much benefits, you are correct.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info