[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Scion - up to 5M Shaper DPS, 10k ES, 5k+ ES recovery/s

"
livejamie wrote:
Is this better than Cospi Nova/Frostbolt?

The biggest difference between this build and CoC ice nova is sustain. CoC ice nova generally rely solely on life leech for sustain, which gives you only 20% of maximum life/s at most. Assuming that you have 6000 life, your recovery rate is 1200 life/s. On the other hand, ES recovery rate of this build exceeds 5000ES/s. Therefore, this build feels much tankier than CoC ice nova.

I think both builds have similar single target DPS, while CoC ice nova has slightly better clear speed thanks to herald of ice.

Overall I like this build much better than CoC ice nova.

"
livejamie wrote:
Seems like you could use the same gear/tree and swap it out pretty easily.

I'm not sure if it's easy. Mjolner has 412 str requirement, while Cospri has 212 dex requirement. A lot of things have to be changed to equip Mjolner.

"
malarix1222 wrote:
Hey, I am planning on running this build and was wondering if you need to look for specific mods on the Lethal Pride or if buying any "under Kiloava" version is fine to start with. If you need specific mods, what's the best way to go about buying one with the mods you need? I imagine that opening poe trade and going down the list asking what theirs gives in that socket is a slow and excruciating way to find one.

You don't need any specific mods. My suggestion is to buy a random lethal pride first. Later on, if you like this build, try to find a jewel with better mods, like "5% chance to gain endurance charge on kill" or "5% chance to deal double damage". I bought a lot of Lethal Pride jewels to find a good one. You can sell useless jewels at the same price, so you don't lose your currency by doing this.
Last edited by N0esy on Jul 26, 2019, 7:34:35 AM
Hi, what lvl of Arcane Surge did u use? on lvl 20 i need to spend 400 mana with vortex that cost me 21mana :P so i get arcane surge every 20 casts? a little not worth i think, on lvl 8 u get arcane surge every 2 casts i think but ofc dmg% is lower.
"He stalked his prey by dark of night, separating the evil ones from their lives."
"
m4tik wrote:
Hi, what lvl of Arcane Surge did u use? on lvl 20 i need to spend 400 mana with vortex that cost me 21mana :P so i get arcane surge every 20 casts? a little not worth i think, on lvl 8 u get arcane surge every 2 casts i think but ofc dmg% is lower.

Hi, my recommendation is to use low-level arcane surge support so that it procs every time you cast vortex. In your case, the optimal level of arcane surge support is 4. Level 8 arcane surge would be a good idea, too, if you don't mind casting vortex very often. The difference in damage is less than 2% though.
Hi,

I wanted to try Mjolner again after a lot of seasons without playing it, but with my actual gear I dont have Watchers eye and not currency to buy....so I put only Efficient training jewel on top of the tree and pure talent at starting tree for stats.

Could you share your stats? my ball lighting tootltip on mjolner shows only 4k damage, veery low, the other ball lighting on 6l is still leveling and I put power charge on crit in 6L instead elemental focus due to my low crit.

What about Elemental Equilibrium? you have it on tree and I put also, but to proc that you should have only added cold/fire to attacks for your mjolner hits as I remember, but you have added light dmg on your gear so it will ruin EE, also if your ball lighting from coc hits and then your ball from mjolner it will ruin...

"
reimbowl wrote:

Could you share your stats? my ball lighting tootltip on mjolner shows only 4k damage, veery low, the other ball lighting on 6l is still leveling and I put power charge on crit in 6L instead elemental focus due to my low crit.

First of all, you must use your ascendancy points. By taking Assassin ascendancy, you'll get "power charge on crit" mechanics and thus power on crit support becomes unnecessary. My tooltip damage of ball lightning on Mjolner is 12k without any charges/flasks. This value is the damage of 1 hit. Because each cast of ball lightning hits more than once, we get high DPS. Let's say, one ball lightning hits 13 time and we trigger ball lightning 6 times per second. In total, our ball lightnings hit 78 times per second, and the DPS is 12k x 78 = 936k. Of course, the tooltip damage is not correct, so the DPS calculated here is much lower than the true DPS. In addition, I strongly recommend you use slower projectile support, because slower projectile = longer time for ball lightning to be near enemies = more DPS.

"
reimbowl wrote:

What about Elemental Equilibrium? you have it on tree and I put also, but to proc that you should have only added cold/fire to attacks for your mjolner hits as I remember, but you have added light dmg on your gear so it will ruin EE, also if your ball lighting from coc hits and then your ball from mjolner it will ruin...

No, I don't have elemental equilibrium. I'm using Lethal Pride jewel, which is not available in Standard League, to convert elemental equilibrium to another keystone. Because you are playing in Standard, you should not take elemental equilibrium.

I think, the Watcher's Eye with an "ES on hit" is absolutely important for this build. My problem is to find one. Searching on poe.trade (standard) --> no results found.
Do i make something wrong with poe.trade or is there no Watcher's Eye for trade?
Do you have a solution to play this build without "ES on hit" ?

"
Shigella wrote:
I think, the Watcher's Eye with an "ES on hit" is absolutely important for this build. My problem is to find one. Searching on poe.trade (standard) --> no results found.
Do i make something wrong with poe.trade or is there no Watcher's Eye for trade?
Do you have a solution to play this build without "ES on hit" ?

Hi, in my hand I found some Watcher's Eye with an ES on hit mod. Check out the URL below.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Standard/8yGWGuV
Thanks for your help. Now i can play the build. :)
After some changes on the build from my old gear I killed Uber Elder

NO watchers eye, yes Vinktar flask. Still a lot to optimize in gear and tree but wanted to test it.
Changed Ball lighting for Arc in 6L for shock and more AoE, feels good.

Also being able to do all maps with semi-mf gear until I change for kill guardians:
hi guys....i am playing on std,my gear...

any opinions what to upgrade next?for more dmg/defence?
also what aps we must have with cyclone?
feel free to coment...:)
i a, looking to push that build further,so any suggestions will be help me lot
i feel that sometimes i get chiled..anyway to solve it?
thnx a lot guys....great build:)
ps:ele ref maps not a problem at all if i change ele focus with crit.strikes like op says...
very very good build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info