[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Scion - up to 5M Shaper DPS, 10k ES, 5k+ ES recovery/s

This gem combination : cast when damage taken (level 1)-immortal call (level 3) -wave of conviction (level 7)-ice golem (level 3) needs to have those exact levels? 1-3-7-3 ? Can I go for a bigger wave or golem?

//LE: thanks man!
Last edited by zaBut007 on Jul 8, 2019, 11:49:03 AM
"
zaBut007 wrote:
This gem combination : cast when damage taken (level 1)-immortal call (level 3) -wave of conviction (level 7)-ice golem (level 3) needs to have those exact levels? 1-3-7-3 ? Can I go for a bigger wave or golem?

For those three things to happen when you take the least amount of damage based on that CWDT jewel, you need to have them all at that level (that MAX level).

If you up the CWDT jewels level, it will require you to take MORE damage to trigger those spells, but then the spells can be stronger.

Keeping CWDT at 1 seems to be the sweet spot for things like this, so they cast more often.
can u add videos pls?
"
sheeeeeeets wrote:
As I said before, I made a slight alteration on this build that seems to have made the damage go through the roof, all while keeping Fortify on hit.

I'm glad you like this build. As already stated, the choice of Champion might not be the best. It's up to your personal preference. Your items are awesome, but unfortunately too expensive for me lol.
I want to clarify that multiple projectiles of ball lightning from the same cast share the same cooldown, meaning that they don't shot gun (source: wiki). Still, an additional projectile might be worth it because it will boost your clear speed. You can also choose "additional projectile" helmet enchant if you want. I might want to try this later.

As for ele reflect, I found that ele reflect is kinda OK even without additional crit chance from body armour. However, it might be a good idea to replace elemental focus support in Mjolner with increased critical strike support for extra safety.

"
can u add videos pls?

My plan is to add a video of Uber Elder fight. I hope I can upload it this week. If you want anything else, please let me know.
"
N0esy wrote:
As for ele reflect, I found that ele reflect is kinda OK even without additional crit chance from body armour. However, it might be a good idea to replace elemental focus support in Mjolner with increased critical strike support for extra safety.

I did just this when I dipped my toe in the ele reflect maps, then went full bore after i was at a fresh level and didn't care about dying.

As per the projectile part, I found that it helped quite a bit for monoliths. I didn't know about the 150ms cooldown and doing damage to the same source and whole wiki shotgun thing. Kinda sucks. I guess that extra projectile does absolutely ZERO for single target?
Last edited by sheeeeeeets on Jul 8, 2019, 1:36:57 PM
Uploaded a Uber Elder video. Shitty play though. I might want to replace it with a better one in the future.

Edit: Replacement done.

"
sheeeeeeets wrote:
I guess that extra projectile does absolutely ZERO for single target?

Unfortunately... :(
Last edited by N0esy on Jul 11, 2019, 3:54:36 AM
Great build! Lots of fun. I did Uber Elder at level 80 tonight, my gear is far above average for the most part though.

Still need to get Spider, I'd like a ring with better stats but it's pretty hard to find, as well as a belt with Strength.

I do like Dying Sun for Legion stuff!

Edit - Grabbed Aspect of the Spider, didn't even realize it was 24c this league.
Last edited by vantro on Jul 8, 2019, 10:14:07 PM
What's the best option as far as the bandits quest goes? Didn't see that mentioned in the OP.

If Alira is a good option, I'll try to respec into this build later. Looks aweasome.
"
Martingale7 wrote:
What's the best option as far as the bandits quest goes? Didn't see that mentioned in the OP.

If Alira is a good option, I'll try to respec into this build later. Looks aweasome.

Help Alira. Will update this guide when I have time.
"
N0esy wrote:
"
Liggles wrote:
I was doing a similar build to this - but without ball lightning (I've now copied you and added that in, alongside the ES on hit!) I've also gone gladiator over champion as I might look for a fortify corrupt Mjolnir and I got a really nice keystone on Elemental Equilbrium which doubled my block chance!

This build is far from optimized, and it is likely that the Champion ascendancy is not the best choice here. The choice of Gladiator sounds nice as you get much better defense. You lose some DPS, but your damage should still be enough to do any end-game content.

I'm not sure about the double block chance keystone though, because, on average, you take the same amount of damage. Maybe it is worth it if you get the Arcane Swiftness notable?

Yeah I totally get that - it takes ages to properly "fine tune" a build! If you use a standard E(D) (expected damage) formula, you actually take *more* damage if your block chance is over half the cap (which mine is), just your damage taken over time graph might be smoother (that was my thought process, at least!)
Builds:
[3.7] Liggles' Immune Stormwall - crit/block staff cyclone | All content | Budget options
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2554720

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info