[3.7] INSPIRED HEADHUNTER CYCLONE - ULTIMATE 5 Way Emblem Legion Carry And Map Clear

HI Great build. Is there a list of mods of maps that we cannot do with this build ?
I just got a headhunter and want to try out Cyclone for both 5-ways, delving, and just general bossing. I'm having a really hard time deciding between slayer and berserker. I've read this entire thread. I'd would really love to hear from players that have played both.

Just how much more aoe does slayer have? Is it significant over berserker?

How annoying is the ramp time for rage on berserker to deal with?

How much better is berserker's movement speed for quality of life? Does it feel significant?

How's dealing with reflect? Is slayer's phys reflect node pretty noticeable or not really with how much elemental damage is coming through with hh buffs?
Leveling a Berserker now and it is crazy fun:
"
Halio89 wrote:
I'm running the berserker version of this build, albeit without the Inspired Learning jewels, and it absolutely destroys everything once it gets going.

Issues I've run into are:

Cyclone vastly out ranges my HoT, so I have to stop spinning and move close to enemies sometimes in order to keep Temp. Chains up.

With Blood and Sand, HoA, HoT and Hatred reserved, I don't have enough mana for a movement skill, so I either have to give up some sockets to support it with Blood Magic, or not use a movement skill at all.

These are only issues when mapping, but it would be nice to find a solution to, especially the first one.

Remove Hatred and use Herald of Ice together with Herald of Thunder on curse on hit setup in shackles. Doesn't work in 5-ways because monsters can't be shattered there but works in maps.

"
Overdarke wrote:
HI Great build. Is there a list of mods of maps that we cannot do with this build ?

All map mods are doable (use reflect sextant on reflect maps). The main issue is Hexproof.

"
rjmig88 wrote:
I just got a headhunter and want to try out Cyclone for both 5-ways, delving, and just general bossing. I'm having a really hard time deciding between slayer and berserker. I've read this entire thread. I'd would really love to hear from players that have played both.

Just how much more aoe does slayer have? Is it significant over berserker?

How annoying is the ramp time for rage on berserker to deal with?

How much better is berserker's movement speed for quality of life? Does it feel significant?

How's dealing with reflect? Is slayer's phys reflect node pretty noticeable or not really with how much elemental damage is coming through with hh buffs?

I would say Berserker is in general better.
Slayer has more AOE but Berserker is not bad.
Ramp time is pretty fast.
Both Slayer and Berserker get approximately same amount of movement speed, the main difference is you can spam Berserk skill in 5-ways more often as Berserker and that is huge difference. In maps Berserk skill isn't that great because you have to stop all the time to pick up loot.
You pre-roll maps and then sort out reflect maps to run with reflect sextant.
https://www.twitch.tv/whissp_
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1O53Ot8ffj3JYBeagd-yyA
Last edited by whissp_ on Aug 2, 2019, 7:51:03 PM
Hi, so i have made a berserker.. and got everything the same way you have it set up.. but i cant turn on all 4 auras.. herald of ash & thunder, blood n sand, hatred. how can u run all 4?> at minimum its 25% each for herald - 50%... then 50% for hatred.. thats 100 already
"
Halio89 wrote:
I'm running the berserker version of this build, albeit without the Inspired Learning jewels, and it absolutely destroys everything once it gets going.

Issues I've run into are:

Cyclone vastly out ranges my HoT, so I have to stop spinning and move close to enemies sometimes in order to keep Temp. Chains up.

With Blood and Sand, HoA, HoT and Hatred reserved, I don't have enough mana for a movement skill, so I either have to give up some sockets to support it with Blood Magic, or not use a movement skill at all.

These are only issues when mapping, but it would be nice to find a solution to, especially the first one.

First things first, make sure you have a total of -10 to Total Mana Costs for "free" Leap Slams - or use Blood Magic Support. -10 or 11 means you need literally no mana - I think I have less than 10 total mana unreserved. But I use none of it anyway.

"
dunnyd wrote:
Hi, so i have made a berserker.. and got everything the same way you have it set up.. but i cant turn on all 4 auras.. herald of ash & thunder, blood n sand, hatred. how can u run all 4?> at minimum its 25% each for herald - 50%... then 50% for hatred.. thats 100 already

You can use all 4 trust me - I did. Link Hatred, HoAsh and Blood & Sand in your helm to the Enlighten 4 gem. EDIT: I think my helm had a craft +1 to Socketed Gems - so that made the Enlighten 4 a 5?

Then link HoThunder in gloves to CoH+Temp Chains.
====================================================
A different but related note. Based on Whissp_ guidance I dropped Hatred. And now run 3 Heralds--Ice Ash Thunder + I carry War Banner and also run Blood and Sand and that feels a 100% better for general map running while leveling up. I am glad he posted that answer.

Great Guide Whissp_ thank you! Worse part of this build while leveling is the loot cleanup after you clear the whole map, because you never want to stop! Lol

I am still leveling but here is my gear--it still needs some work, but for those interested. I changed a few secondary gem setups:
Spoiler

Last edited by Optio82 on Aug 3, 2019, 7:14:23 PM
"
Optio82 wrote:

I am still leveling but here is my gear--it still needs some work, but for those interested. I changed a few secondary gem setups:
Spoiler

Why don't u use white sockets on twilight blade? any specific reason?
no more purchases or recommendations til the trade system is fixed.
"
Marchosiae wrote:
Why don't u use white sockets on twilight blade? any specific reason?

That is a good question. So white sockets expand the range of the AOE versus green that increases Attack Speed.

Is there a big upside to more AOE range? at the expense of Attack Speed?

I feel like between passives and things, my AOE range is already big enough without white sockets.

What am I missing?
Last edited by Optio82 on Aug 5, 2019, 10:55:03 AM
The difference is pretty big in aoe size, and for dps you get only 24 attackspeed and 25% phys damage, you could probably find a better weapon.
no more purchases or recommendations til the trade system is fixed.
Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info