[PS4] 3.7.2 Patch Notes

So far no desync... So far.

So far no leap double cast.

20min into new patch
Console Specific
Fixed a bug which would cause instant skill buffs on 'X' to interfere with interactions.

Sadly this is not fixed for "Lightning Trap"; please provide an update.

Thanks
Last edited by SeraJay665 on Jun 25, 2019, 4:32:16 AM
"
SeraJay665 wrote:
Console Specific
Fixed a bug which would cause instant skill buffs on 'X' to interfere with interactions.

Sadly this is not fixed for "Lightning Trap"; please provide an update.

Thanks

Guys I know x is still casting when interacting, but they only spoke about instant skill buffs preventing you from interacting as it was for corpse targeting spells since the beginning. So before if I put in vaal grace, i could not interact with anything anymore. This has been fixed.

Not sure if they even have realized yet,that x now interacts AND casts skills.

And yeah the game is more and more introducing new bugs instead of getting rid, someone else put it in good words, its their tight schedule to push out all those content patches at the cost of quality.

I wish they would just for once just reimplement an old league, like breach and focus on the core game and fix their shit. Or have like other huge games a public testrealm and stop releaing untested crap.

But if you check Chris Wilsons talk at the GDC, more content = more money. This is their policy.
Last edited by Filix80 on Jun 25, 2019, 5:24:31 AM
"
SquishyTia wrote:

And if you have a vaal skill assigned there that wipes its stored charge(s) because it went off just because you looted or interacted with a Timeless Monolith? Then what? You needed those charges. Oops.

It's gamebreaking when we have to leave that button unbound because of what's going on when we're looting. Oh, and if you have something like Word of Fury enchanted to your gloves? That goes off too if the ability fired off hits any monster and it's off of the internal cooldown and ready to go. You can't loot properly while that animation plays out.

Double oops.

I dont keep Vaal skills on X.. I keep skills that are constantly used on X and Square and movement on O ... skills like Vaal I use on triangle or R2 bar... so I dont know your pain.

Best I can tell you is stop putting long CDs in such a bad spot.
Last edited by TheGaminSeshion on Jun 25, 2019, 5:40:15 AM
Why are people complaining about X skills being triggered when interacting with stuff? I do not want my abilities to stop working just because there is loot on the ground
"
Why are people complaining about X skills being triggered when interacting with stuff? I do not want my abilities to stop working just because there is loot on the ground

We are the few among the angry my friend.
Thumbs up from me :)
"
I dont keep Vaal skills on X.. I keep skills that are constantly used on X and Square and movement on O ... skills like Vaal I use on triangle or R2 bar... so I dont know your pain.

Best I can tell you is stop putting long CDs in such a bad spot.

I shouldn't have to worry about that. I had Vaals on the front buttons because that way I could see when the charge was filled instead of flipping back and forth needlessly (there is no indicator to show when a charge is stored when the Vaal skill is set to the R2 mappings).

Give me the ability to turn off the ability queue that they introduced in 3.7.0 and I guarantee you this problem disappears. It's happening because interactions (looting, objects) is instant. There is no window for you to not trigger the ability via the queue system. Previously I could loot and even hold down the button (on accident usually) and the assigned skill wouldn't fire off until I released the button and pressed it again. Now it goes off no matter what when I loot regardless of how quickly I release the button after pressing it.

That's a problem. And it has a solution. A very simple one at that. We just need the devs to not be obstinate about it and let us decide whether or not to use the ability queue.
"
SquishyTia wrote:

I shouldn't have to worry about that. I had Vaals on the front buttons because that way I could see when the charge was filled instead of flipping back and forth needlessly (there is no indicator to show when a charge is stored when the Vaal skill is set to the R2 mappings).

Give me the ability to turn off the ability queue that they introduced in 3.7.0 and I guarantee you this problem disappears. It's happening because interactions (looting, objects) is instant. There is no window for you to not trigger the ability via the queue system. Previously I could loot and even hold down the button (on accident usually) and the assigned skill wouldn't fire off until I released the button and pressed it again. Now it goes off no matter what when I loot regardless of how quickly I release the button after pressing it.

That's a problem. And it has a solution. A very simple one at that. We just need the devs to not be obstinate about it and let us decide whether or not to use the ability queue.

Alrighty, well good luck with that... I personally ally hope they look more into fixing ability desync before your problem but hey... a fix is a fix right?
"
Alrighty, well good luck with that... I personally ally hope they look more into fixing ability desync before your problem but hey... a fix is a fix right?

Yeah, you pretty much lost any credibility there. "My issue is more important than your issue" equates to a "NO U!" type post.

I don't view my issue as any more or less important than the desync issues. I've experienced both this and the desync issues that everyone else has had. My desyncs are less frustrating in that they're far less frequent because they're triggered mostly by dash (changes in Z-axis height tends to trigger a desync with dash, and is possibly related to some of the other desync issues where the character changes their Z-axis position quickly, even if just briefly.

Both issues merit attention since both severly affect gameplay in a negative way. Desyncs affect it in an immediate and very noticeable way while having to leave X/A unbound completely has an overall effect on gameplay, and specifically on build capability.

What really needs to happen is league frequency needs to drop down a notch so GGG can get some QA done right. The ability queue related issues shouldn't have made it out of QA at all. It took me less than twenty seconds to see that the queue system was still breaking X/A functionality. Simply disabling the ability queue or giving us that option would wipe those problems out instantly and give them more breathing room to tackle the rather "in your face" gamebreakers like abilities desyncing or worse, causing a crash back to the OS dashboard/XMB.

Legion as a whole didn't get nearly enough QA time and should have been delayed. When you have a content patch that experiences Fallout 76 levels of brokenness, you didn't soak it long enough to test for proper viability. Having a 13 week per league schedule is akin to what the Atari devs had to deal with when programming E.T. for the Atari 2600. We all know how that went. These folks are humans, not automotons. They're stretched too thin and the bugs are piling up as a result.

I like that these devs are ambitious. They've got tons of creativity amongst them. But they've bitten off more than they can chew with three distinct platforms and their schedule might have worked for just the PC version, but not for all three platforms. They're going to spend the majority of this league playint catch-up instead of putting spit and polish on the next league content patch. That needs to change.

They could get a good head start on that by nixing the ability queue until they can flesh it out properly and let us control when we use it, that way they can get to the more pressing bugs. Like your desyncs.
Last edited by SquishyTia on Jun 25, 2019, 8:33:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info