[3.10] Liggles' Immune Stormwall - crit/block staff cyclone | All content | HC

Looks very fun. I unfortunately have NO idea how to level this character though.. as I usually play witch casters... Never EVER done a melee build in PoE so im at a loss for leveling with skills and use of passive points.... xD what would you recommend if all I had was a 4 link for cyclone early on?

Edit: Also I play HC Exclusively. Im not worried about the survivability of the build just wanted to let you know so you could explain easier.

Edit2: I basically dont have much currency right now. Got about 15c or something to spend at this moment. So it'll be a "league starter" for me mainly.
Last edited by KatNDusty on Jun 25, 2019, 5:55:57 PM
"
Looks very fun. I unfortunately have NO idea how to level this character though.. as I usually play witch casters... Never EVER done a melee build in PoE so im at a loss for leveling with skills and use of passive points.... xD what would you recommend if all I had was a 4 link for cyclone early on?

Edit: Also I play HC Exclusively. Im not worried about the survivability of the build just wanted to let you know so you could explain easier.

Edit2: I basically dont have much currency right now. Got about 15c or something to spend at this moment. So it'll be a "league starter" for me mainly.

Good luck! I intend to do a proper write up on leveling gear/routes (it's slightly nuanced leveling as initially the elemental nodes are useless without any conversion) when I have time - it's 23:40 here in the UK and I've only just sat down after work + gym :(

But, I'd go for something like this at level 60: Level 60 PoE planner

IF* you can get some hrimsorrow gloves (they're normally like 1alch/1chaos and you can later upgrade them easily to the dated version) https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hrimsorrow

If you can get those, use cyclone > fortify > elemental damage with attacks > physical to lightning. That gives you 100% phys > elemental conversion and fortify up on a 4 link, which is useful for hardcore.

Otherwise, drop the elemental damage nodes and go down towards the melee crit stuff/marauder tree/get more life. You could also get some of the gem slots in the scion wheel and stick some nice jewels for leveling in there.

If you're not doing that, then use cyclone > fortify > melee physical damage > maim or infused channeling

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Blood_Thorn is a really good level 1 staff for leveling - and would likely last until 28 and stormheart if you could afford that then :)

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Praxis is also really useful - as at level 28 it'll make a 6 link cyclone cost 0-1 mana.
Builds:
[3.7] Liggles' Immune Stormwall - crit/block staff cyclone | All content | Budget options
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2554720
"
alvincheng wrote:
1. Thank you for this build. Was using your profile as guide and noticed you had IC instead of molten shell in pin. So which would you recommend?

2. There’s spare mana, perhaps another aura/banner?

I'm still ensure about the CWDT setup. Originally as I was leveling I had a different tree in my mind, which meant I had more armour and could get a ~2k molten shell on a level 1 damage taken, which meant we could effectively get the same as a level 20 steelskin trigger from a level 1 CWDT. However, I don't have as much armour now, so my molten shell only does ~1k (still, not bad for a level 1 CWDT). I was trialing IC as I thought we have good and quick endurance charge generation, but I think I'd rather just keep the charges and use steelskin or molten shell.

The reason I'm leveling up the CWDT is for a build like this it's gonna be 2 heavy hits that you don't block that will be the risk - so I think it's better to have a higher level CWDT and defensive gaurd skill for those "oh shit" moments - we're not going to die to loads of small hits due to regen/leech/block and what not.

2. If I throw another banner in I'll have ~25 mana unreserved, which means I'll have to delevel my level 21 ele weakness that I have as a self cast. I've also added holy flame totem now which gives curse immunity too on conc ground which is a 33 mana cost skill, so I don't know if that's worth losing for the extra aura?)

When I get time (probably this weekend) I'll properly write these things up and "finish" the guide (I got it out early, admittedly, as I was worried someone would beat me to it!)
Builds:
[3.7] Liggles' Immune Stormwall - crit/block staff cyclone | All content | Budget options
"
Liggles wrote:
"

Good luck! I intend to do a proper write up on leveling gear/routes (it's slightly nuanced leveling as initially the elemental nodes are useless without any conversion) when I have time - it's 23:40 here in the UK and I've only just sat down after work + gym :(

IF* you can get some hrimsorrow gloves (they're normally like 1alch/1chaos and you can later upgrade them easily to the dated version) https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hrimsorrow

If you can get those, use cyclone > fortify > elemental damage with attacks > physical to lightning. That gives you 100% phys > elemental conversion and fortify up on a 4 link, which is useful for hardcore.

Otherwise, drop the elemental damage nodes and go down towards the melee crit stuff/marauder tree/get more life. You could also get some of the gem slots in the scion wheel and stick some nice jewels for leveling in there.

If you're not doing that, then use cyclone > fortify > melee physical damage > maim or infused channeling

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Blood_Thorn is a really good level 1 staff for leveling - and would likely last until 28 and stormheart if you could afford that then :)

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Praxis is also really useful - as at level 28 it'll make a 6 link cyclone cost 0-1 mana.

Thank you very much for the reply. I'll be sure to get those and start the build. Any skill you recomend until i get Cyclone act 3?
"
"
Liggles wrote:
"

Thank you very much for the reply. I'll be sure to get those and start the build. Any skill you recomend until i get Cyclone act 3?

No worries at all! I went with spectral throw myself as it was my second character so I had the money to get some nice leveling 1-5c uniques (bloodthorn, goldrim, darkness enthroned and some abyss jewels) - but I think heavy strike w/ ancestral call or melee splash would be fine - if marginally slower at clearing packs than ST. I've never actually used it but I imagine glacial hammer would work well, too :)
Builds:
What would you recommend linking to Spec Throw
"
What would you recommend linking to Spec Throw

For leveling? onslaught, LMP (or GMP when you get it), iron grip :)
Builds:
"
Liggles wrote:
"
alvincheng wrote:
1. Thank you for this build. Was using your profile as guide and noticed you had IC instead of molten shell in pin. So which would you recommend?

2. There’s spare mana, perhaps another aura/banner?

I'm still ensure about the CWDT setup. Originally as I was leveling I had a different tree in my mind, which meant I had more armour and could get a ~2k molten shell on a level 1 damage taken, which meant we could effectively get the same as a level 20 steelskin trigger from a level 1 CWDT. However, I don't have as much armour now, so my molten shell only does ~1k (still, not bad for a level 1 CWDT). I was trialing IC as I thought we have good and quick endurance charge generation, but I think I'd rather just keep the charges and use steelskin or molten shell.

The reason I'm leveling up the CWDT is for a build like this it's gonna be 2 heavy hits that you don't block that will be the risk - so I think it's better to have a higher level CWDT and defensive gaurd skill for those "oh shit" moments - we're not going to die to loads of small hits due to regen/leech/block and what not.

2. If I throw another banner in I'll have ~25 mana unreserved, which means I'll have to delevel my level 21 ele weakness that I have as a self cast. I've also added holy flame totem now which gives curse immunity too on conc ground which is a 33 mana cost skill, so I don't know if that's worth losing for the extra aura?)

When I get time (probably this weekend) I'll properly write these things up and "finish" the guide (I got it out early, admittedly, as I was worried someone would beat me to it!)

I agree it's the 1HKO we should be prepared for. I'll try max Steelskin first.

I'll check how much mana unreserved I got and see if I can squeeze in anything.

How bout Watcher's eye to compliment precision, which mods would you prioritize?

Thank you!
First, Liggles is awesome. Friendly and a very capable player. Second, this build is AWESOME, and I've taken Slayer & Champion Cyclone to 90+ and also done Zerker Cyclone. This is my favorite of all of them. The core reason is the mix of survivability with DPS and elemental damage (it's much more visually satisfying than pure phys). I'm currently L80 (made the character yesterday) and I've never had a single close call, emphasizing the fact it's hardcore viable. I also pull in well over 300M exp per map at L80. The build is fast. Waste Pools are your friend! While it doesn't have the AoE of Slayer (which is more than 2x in size) it just feels better with the damage combination of elemental paired with the HoA/HoP MTX.

So here's my leveling guide! Quick note - the DPS gets low around level 40-51 because we're using a L28 staff. Don't worry. When you switch to Martyr staff at 52 (for 8 levels until you can use your Stormwall) you won't have ANY DPS issues at all. Also, Molten Strike feels a bit clunky with a Staff. Don't worry, as soon as you hit 28 you switch to Cyclone and all is well.

Bandit: Kill All
Pantheon: Solaris/Shakari (Yugul for Shaper)
Temmplar(Inquisitor)->Witch(Elementalist->Path of Templar

Main: Cyclone+EDwA+Fort+FireDam+MPD+InfusedC
2H: Vengeance+Riposte+CoC+PurFlame || Chaos+Ice Golem
Gloves: FA+Leap
Boots: CWDT+MolShe+ID || EleWeak
Helm: Precision+HoA+HoP+BaS

Leveling Skills
Molten Strike + Ancestral Call + everything you use with Cyclone. Replace MS with Cyclone @ 28 and drop AC.

Leveling Items
1: 2x Brightbeak (Weapons)
1: Tabula Rasa (Chest)
1: Goldrim (Helm)
1: Lochtonial Caress (Gloves)
1: Wanderlust (Boots)
1: 2x Blackheart (Iron Rings)
5: Karui Ward (Amulet)
8: Meginord's Girdle (Belt)
13: Realmshaper (Staff)
22: Praxis (Ring)
24: Le Heup of All (Ring)
28: Stormheart (Staff)
28: Gifts from Above (Ring)
28: Daresso's Salute (Amulet - when switch to Cyclone)
35: Meganord's (Gloves)
52: Martyr of Innocence (Staff)
60: Stormwall (Staff)

Skill Progression
Constitution
Warrior's Blood
Steelwood Stance
Precision
Smashing Strikes
(Resistance Nodes)
Divine Judgment
Divine Wrath
Ophidian Aim
Blunt Trauma
One with the River
Serpent Stance
Purity of Flesh
Disembowling
Barbarism
2x Might of the Meek
(Nodes right of Warrior's Blood)
Transcendent Flesh Node
Endurance Node

Rest is health & Unnatural Instinct when you can afford it!
All that and a bag of chips!
Last edited by Mooginator on Jun 26, 2019, 2:39:56 AM
"
Mooginator wrote:

Main: Cyclone+EDwA+Fort+FireDam+MPD+InfusedC
2H: Vengeance+Riposte+CoC+PurFlame || Chaos+Ice Golem
Gloves: FA+Leap
Boots: CWDT+MolShe+ID || EleWeak
Helm: Precision+HoA+HoP+BaS

May I know what levels are your CWDT and MolShe? Did you test with IC or Steelskin?

Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info