[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

New weapon trees should be huge. Little suprised that you don't mention this:) In dagger it should be pretty easy (cost dozen of chaos in like 2-3 weeks). With Aurora gonna be harder for sure. Loving the build, keep up the good work Vatinas!
So the build is not dead ? I imported it into the new POB yesterday and almost had a heart attack. I only use this build in Standard but the changes are across the board so it impacted it as well. I'll slot in the new mastery updates and see how it goes then. You sound very positive about the changes made. I hope you are right, otherwise this will be my 4th build GGG has effectively killed with these changes.
"
Blood86Knight wrote:
New weapon trees should be huge. Little suprised that you don't mention this:) In dagger it should be pretty easy (cost dozen of chaos in like 2-3 weeks). With Aurora gonna be harder for sure. Loving the build, keep up the good work Vatinas!

That's true, I've been very focussed on the patch itself rather than the weapon trees, but they'll be huge! I'm very excited to see what we get, especially on shields, there's potential for there to be really cool nodes. And yeah, like you said, the fang should be inexpensive enough that we'll be hopefully be able to combine trees and get some cool stuff :) I'm glad you enjoy the build! <3

"
BowWizard wrote:
So the build is not dead ? I imported it into the new POB yesterday and almost had a heart attack. I only use this build in Standard but the changes are across the board so it impacted it as well. I'll slot in the new mastery updates and see how it goes then. You sound very positive about the changes made. I hope you are right, otherwise this will be my 4th build GGG has effectively killed with these changes.

I'm not sure what makes you think the build is dead, or what made you almost have a heart attack. The build is alive and well, we have even more survivability than before, and the damage wasn't nerfed in the slightest. If you enjoy this build, don't worry, it's doing just fine :)
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
Blood86Knight wrote:

That's true, I've been very focussed on the patch itself rather than the weapon trees, but they'll be huge! I'm very excited to see what we get, especially on shields, there's potential for there to be really cool nodes. And yeah, like you said, the fang should be inexpensive enough that we'll be hopefully be able to combine trees and get some cool stuff :) I'm glad you enjoy the build! <3

"
BowWizard wrote:

I'm not sure what makes you think the build is dead, or what made you almost have a heart attack. The build is alive and well, we have even more survivability than before, and the damage wasn't nerfed in the slightest. If you enjoy this build, don't worry, it's doing just fine :)

I'm glad to hear that the build is still in a good state. My heart attack came because some of the stats changed. TBF I didn't look at the patch notes before I imported into the new POB, so the changes caught me off guard. I'll follow your updated guide and go from there. I'm assuming the weapon trees don't apply to Standard, just league, but if they do apply across the board even better. I've played this build on and off for over a year at least. It was fun to put together and I'd hate to see it fall off the cliff face.
"
BowWizard wrote:
I'm glad to hear that the build is still in a good state. My heart attack came because some of the stats changed. TBF I didn't look at the patch notes before I imported into the new POB, so the changes caught me off guard. I'll follow your updated guide and go from there. I'm assuming the weapon trees don't apply to Standard, just league, but if they do apply across the board even better. I've played this build on and off for over a year at least. It was fun to put together and I'd hate to see it fall off the cliff face.

Indeed, the weapon trees will be Crucible league only.

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the build :) And yeah, don't worry, the build is doing great, it was less impacted by the mana reservation mastery removal than other builds, and the new masteries are super strong for us, so it's all good!
On the Skin of the Lords section it mentions "resolute technique" saving two skill points. It didn't look like it was taken on the POB though- is that outdated?
"
xxnafricaxx wrote:
On the Skin of the Lords section it mentions "resolute technique" saving two skill points. It didn't look like it was taken on the POB though- is that outdated?

You're right, that's outdated. Thanks for letting me know, I'll fix it right away :)
I've played this over the last 2 years in about four leagues. I feel way stronger in this league than in any of the past ones, and I haven't even touched the (extremely expensive) skin of loyal simple robe, nor are my rings/head in any way min-maxed. I rarely even see my energy shield moving at all. Very happy with the changes!
time for another silly idea: if you want your build to be a bit more offensive (though you lose quite a bit of tank) - leer cast is not a bad DPS option. or you can opt for a bone helmet for some middle ground, since the tankiness of the build did go up quite a bit in this league
Really wanted to try a HoP build, although I've never played spiders.

I loved the fact that you use reckoning, even in endgame. And the way you automated the holy relics. Thank you very much.

Will post again once I hit 90

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info