[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Vatinas wrote:
I just wrote some notes for the 3.16 update. Let me know if you guys think of something I forgot to write in there. :)

Have a nice day!

I would not worry so much about the 90% cap. Remember that when POB shows you the phys mitigation from armor, it is based on small hits. As soon as you go into the config and raise the damage of the incoming hit significantly, you will see your mitigation number drop dramatically.

As such, it is almost impossible to have too much armor (ignoring overinvesting of course).

I ran some numbers earlier, and ignoring any tree changes, our armor is only going to drop a very small amount as the massive buff to determination almost entirely offsets the massive nerf to memory vault.

So our shield should recover ES very similar to 3.15 while our armor effectiveness will be close to double what it was in 3.16.

"
Ora9 wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked before, but why not Corpsewalk boots instead of Desecrate for auto-making corpses?

Corpsewalker has very little synergy with our build outside of spawning the corpses.

Rainbowstride provides spell block, much more ES, mana and resists, all of which synergize with the build.
"
AivaPL wrote:
Hi, noone mention small buff (for some build combinations)

The Skin of the Lords Unique Body Armour now grants “+2 to level of Socketed Gems” (previously +1). A Divine Orb would be able to update this on existing items, if they weren’t Corrupted already.
The following Keystones Passive Skills can also now appear on the Skin of the Lords Unique Body Armour: Divine Shield, Ghost Dance, Iron Will, Lethe Shade, Magebane, Solipsism and Versatile Combatant.

You're right, I forgot about that! I added it, thanks. :)
Looking from poe.ninja I've seen two main variants of the arakaali's fang guardian, namely, herald of purity and herald of agony, may I ask what's the different between them?

and with
"
Sentinels of Purity summoned with Herald of Purity now have 40% less Life.
in the patch note how is it going to affect the build?
"
HatMatter wrote:
"
Vatinas wrote:
I just wrote some notes for the 3.16 update. Let me know if you guys think of something I forgot to write in there. :)

For fortify, it might not be as bad as it sounds. Looking at the patch notes, the ailment passage reads to me that the ailment threshold is used to calculate the number of stacks where 1% = 1 Fortification. For 2 skill points we get access to spiritual aid, which will apply "increased minion damage" to our own damage as well, pushing the average hit to about 1300 damage, with quite some variance. Using the formula from the wiki, namely 0.5*(D/T)^0.4 (where D is the incoming damage and T is the mob's threshold (which is 25 million for Sirus), dealing 1415 damage will inflict a single fortify. With an attack rate of 5.7 per second and assuming only crits will generate a fortify stack (in fact, even some non-crit hits will do so), we'll generate one fortify stack every two seconds. Since they last for 5s, this will allow us to ramp up fortify stacks in longer fights. It will be slower than before, but generally possible. It might still not be the ultimately best choice, but still worth consiering if we are looking for defensvie options.

Alright, that does sound viable. I'll give it a try if I do decide to play the league. Thanks for running the numbers! :)
"
zcythustk wrote:
Looking from poe.ninja I've seen two main variants of the arakaali's fang guardian, namely, herald of purity and herald of agony, may I ask what's the different between them?

and with
"
Sentinels of Purity summoned with Herald of Purity now have 40% less Life.
in the patch note how is it going to affect the build?

There is a lot of differences between the HOA and HOP builds. There is a detailed build guide here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705 for the HOA build which has many versions.

We had a discussion on the sentinel life a couple of pages ago on this thread. But in the end, we simply don't know yet. We may have to invest in some survivabilty for them or we may not. It won't be known until some one gets to end game with the build and we can see how long they survive.
Hi Vatinas,

When you were discussing Tempest Shield in your 3.16 notes, you mentioned that Determination is only going to reserve 35%. I do not believe that is correct. Determination has received a large flat armor buff but it is still going to take the regular 50% reservation from my understanding.

The only aura reservation I believe that was changed in size was Purity of Elements, which was raised to 50%.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 17, 2021, 12:26:32 PM
"
zcythustk wrote:

Having played (a variant of) the HoAg build and planning to play that one this league, here's my summary of HoAg vs. HoP builds: (if any expert has any more additions/clarifications, I'd appreciate that).

Similarities:

- both builds are mana guardians who stack up reserved mana, ES and Armour with the help of Radiant Faith, Memory Vault
- both builds have very similar defensis: loads of armour, 75% attack/spell block with Glancing blows and leverage the armour to get a lot of ES on block, CI, 10k Molten Shell
- both builds require the an amount of build enabling uniques (namely Memory Vault, Aegis Aurora, Skin of the Loyal/Lords, Synthesis Ring for Reservation - note that I do not count the fang to be build enabling, you'll just clear slower with a herald)
- both builds use a herald as main DPS, requiring you to enable it somehow by hitting mobs with an extra spell, which both benefit from gem levels and minion damage
- both builds are dealing mainly phys damage, getting some extra chaos damage from having spirit offering and withering touch on the spiders
- both builds have a minigame of "how do I reserve almost all of my mana and still am able to cast things" by reserving a 6L herald, Determination, Discipline (and whatever you want in addition)

Dissimilarities:
- HoAg needs some sustain of the Virulence (in particular if you want to keep it above 40), which works best with fast Ball Lightnings and Storm Brand, which makes 6L Elder Gloves a good gear choice. Cyclone is ok for cases where sustaining 35-40 Virulence is enough to kill mobs (in particular delve) - this is a huge playstyle difference
- HoP reuquires you to hit unique/rare monsters - cyclone is quite efficient here, but other skills are also possible
- HoAg gets a lot of power via cluster jewels which increase the max Virulence number
- HoAg can use sniper's Mark as a method to regain life flask charges during boss fights

Things which are not the same, but I think can be ported from one build to another:

- Shaper's Touch + Astramentis is a nice stat stacking package for either build on a budget (though not BIS for HoAg)
- Split Personality is great for stat stackers (all combinations of Int/Mana/ES/Armour do give a good bonus for this kind of build if you slot it near CI)
- at the cost of some of the stat stacking power, you could run Grace with Auls Necklace together with Iron Skin (from Skins of the Loyal) to further improve your Armour. This is done on some HoAg variants, but I believe this is not generally unfeasible for HoP either
"
Hi Vatinas,

When you were discussing Tempest Shield in your 3.16 notes, you mentioned that Determination is only going to reserve 35%. I do not believe that is correct. Determination has received a large flat armor buff but it is still going to take the regular 50% reservation from my understanding.

The only aura reservation I believe that was changed in size was Purity of Elements, which was raised to 50%.

Indeed, I can't find it anywhere in the patch notes. It's weird, I could swear I saw something about Determination getting 35% somewhere...

Anyway, thanks for telling me :)
I am in no way recommending this but for those who want to experiment with more spider damage (at the cost of a ton of defense), the new shield released today turns our Spiders into a 6 link!

https://i.redd.it/1nphr3vtp2u71.jpg
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 17, 2021, 5:35:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info