[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
viper9494 wrote:
Anyone who has the build fully operational able to take a video of this build doing a simulacrum run? I had the build completed but gems were not fully leveled. I am wondering if this build is capable of doing 5 stacks of loot consistently. I would get 3-4 stacks on the non-leveled gem version which I consider unacceptable but if someone is able to consistently do it I would def have to take another look.

I have over 400 splinters so Í will do a run later today and record it.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
viper9494 wrote:
Anyone who has the build fully operational able to take a video of this build doing a simulacrum run? I had the build completed but gems were not fully leveled. I am wondering if this build is capable of doing 5 stacks of loot consistently. I would get 3-4 stacks on the non-leveled gem version which I consider unacceptable but if someone is able to consistently do it I would def have to take another look.

Sorry I cant record, my computer really doesnt like nvidia shadowplay for some reason but I did a simulacrum yesterday and always got 5x rewards from each wave.

That said my gear is a bit better than the stuff OP suggests. Like I dont think theirs another pair of gloves in game right now plus a +2 duration skin of the loyal, a elegant hubris with 2x 80% minion damage etc. So while I dont know if the base version can run delirium profitable, it defenitly can if you pump some currency into it.

"
Chromino wrote:

Hi Zerber,

you're sure spiders taking frostshield really? Very interesting for me. I never had problems with frostshield and spiders.

HoA and spiders are immortal and cannot be targeted and can't take damage: "immunity to damage" and cannot taunt too is noticed in monsterstats in poe-gamepedia. Only HoP can take damage and other minions. HoP will use frostshield, yes, but spiders not.

It doesnt matter if minions cant take damage, they will still absorb damage. The frost shield will still deplete for them because its calculated before the game figures out how much damage something actualy takes.

The biggest problem with this build and (I guess the herald of agony version too) is that you can still die to random one shots. Like I had a rogue metamorph one shot me with one ranged attack of screen. Thats path of exile for you... no matter how defensive you build your character you can do nothing against some weird mod combination giving a monster attacks that do like 100k damage with one hit... So in the end you still need to play like you are squishy to get to higher level past lvl 95.
Last edited by Zerber on Feb 4, 2021, 7:32:50 AM

Hi Zerber,

you're sure spiders taking frostshield really? Very interesting for me. I never had problems with frostshield and spiders.

HoA and spiders are immortal and cannot be targeted and can't take damage: "immunity to damage" and cannot taunt too is noticed in monsterstats in poe-gamepedia. Only HoP can take damage and other minions. HoP will use frostshield, yes, but spiders not.
[/quote]

It doesnt matter if minions cant take damage, they will still absorb damage. The frost shield will still deplete for them because its calculated before the game figures out how much damage something actualy takes.

The biggest problem with this build and (I guess the herald of agony version too) is that you can still die to random one shots. Like I had a rogue metamorph one shot me with one ranged attack of screen. Thats path of exile for you... no matter how defensive you build your character you can do nothing against some weird mod combination giving a monster attacks that do like 100k damage with one hit... So in the end you still need to play like you are squishy to get to higher level past lvl 95.[/quote]

You have a source of it? Sorry for asking, but for my build it is very interesting. I never died of oneshots with enough defenses and did not experienced your theory. And poe Wiki writes different facts.

Edit: sorry, doublequoted
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 4, 2021, 7:56:46 AM
"
Zerber wrote:
"
viper9494 wrote:

Sorry I cant record, my computer really doesnt like nvidia shadowplay for some reason but I did a simulacrum yesterday and always got 5x rewards from each wave.

That said my gear is a bit better than the stuff OP suggests. Like I dont think theirs another pair of gloves in game right now plus a +2 duration skin of the loyal, a elegant hubris with 2x 80% minion damage etc. So while I dont know if the base version can run delirium profitable, it defenitly can if you pump some currency into it.

"
Chromino wrote:

Edit: sorry, doublequoted.

Hi Zerber,

The biggest problem with this build and (I guess the herald of agony version too) is that you can still die to random one shots. Like I had a rogue metamorph one shot me with one ranged attack of screen. Thats path of exile for you... no matter how defensive you build your character you can do nothing against some weird mod combination giving a monster attacks that do like 100k damage with one hit... So in the end you still need to play like you are squishy to get to higher level past lvl 95.

Edited: sorry doublequote

You have a source of it? Sorry for asking, but for my build it is very interesting. Where no damage happens, frostshield cannot absorb. I think you mean the HoP's. I never died of oneshots or fiveshots in 0.1 seconds with enough defenses and did not experienced your theory. And poe Wiki writes different facts for spiders too. Okay, of course in deep delve or 4x damage mods or debuffs or hard bosses you can be killed very, very fast and have to play sometimes slow or switch to aurastacker or another op-build. But only in deep delve you have to deal with real oneshots/ fiveshots. There are too many hc lvl 100, hehehe.
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 4, 2021, 8:19:47 AM
Hello,

Loving the build, that's my stuff at the moment

Spoiler

I'm at 6k7 es, randomly dying on Os.
Now i need the watcher eyes and another jewel with corrupting blood.

It's pretty smooth, i play with arakaali's fang nearly every league.

One more thanks.
Been wanting to try an Arakali Fang build to get to 100 but i'm confused by some of the comments. The OP mentions how tanky and defensive the build is but many seem to mention randomly dying and survivability being an issue. What kind of budget is needed to get to 100 and do most of the end game content without randomly dying?
"
jackals1234 wrote:
Been wanting to try an Arakali Fang build to get to 100 but i'm confused by some of the comments. The OP mentions how tanky and defensive the build is but many seem to mention randomly dying and survivability being an issue. What kind of budget is needed to get to 100 and do most of the end game content without randomly dying?

I mean its about how you play. You get so used to tank everything that you dont look at map mods and expect to afk through anything.

Stuff that can kill you are shaper beam and other super high degen abilites, kosis in a t16+ map with very nasty mods, oshabi with super crazy map mods, mobs in super deep delve, sirus meteor if you dont block it and sometimes a rogue meta (I swear rogue metas are way more dangerous than the ones you build in maps) with extreme mods on the map can get dangerous.

So its really about getting lazy and not expecting to die that kills you. You can launch a 100% delirium t16 run into some mobs, go make a coffee and you will still be alive when you come back.

Edit:
I think a lot of people that die completly ignore flasks. A flagelants anti bleed and anti ignite flask a mandatory and will always be up because you get hit so often.

Last edited by Zerber on Feb 4, 2021, 3:25:08 PM
Hey guys,

I'm playing with this build about 10 days. I got 94 and iam really enjoying with this awesome tankyness.

I just wanna ask: i have everything except Watcher's Eye. My ES is 6202. How can i get 7k+ ES? Can anyone help me about that?
Last edited by TopalTilki on Feb 4, 2021, 4:17:18 PM
"
viper9494 wrote:

Just did the run but with Nvidia's tool the vid is 8GB large. I can upload tomorrow if you want. To summarize... I did it deathless and most waves at 5 rewards. Is 5 possible every wave? Some waves I just killed everything fairly quick in my sense but there were not enough mobs to get to 5.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
Zerber wrote:
"
jackals1234 wrote:

I think a lot of people that die completly ignore flasks. A flagelants anti bleed and anti ignite flask a mandatory and will always be up because you get hit so often.

I don't ignore flasks and yet i keep getting oneshotted on t14+ maps even without hard mods on it...
Last edited by Bobrformalin on Feb 4, 2021, 5:43:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info