[3.24] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, fun to play

what bow did people level with before they got lioneye? Storm cloud is what i used early on but i dont even know what to upgrade to really. with no physical damage on that bow i feel like you just miss out on damage for no good reason after a while
Is it important to put the totem 4l in gloves? I don't actually understand why thats a benefit since the totems don't deal dmg or? And vile toxins isn't a debuff they apply to the mobs from my understanding

E: Ok apparently vile toxins part is completly unused
Last edited by Lynni992 on Sep 13, 2019, 6:11:09 PM
A few corrections/clarifications, if I understand this game correctly:

"
bofertz wrote:
Deathyou can get a bad coralito if you facing economic problems for les than 10c

Coralito's was 30C minimum when it was my next logical upgrade, because poison meta. But, thankfully, the price has fallen for at least one core item for this build.

"
This helm will give us nice total res+ chaos res for the degens in blood rage and coralitos

Blood Rage's degen is physical, not chaos. You'd need general physical damage reduction (e.g., from basalt flask, endurance charges, Transcendent Flesh, etc) to reduce that degen.

Coralito's degen is only 30 chaos per second. That might matter during campaign, but it's really nothing.

In the OP, Death mentioned Forbidden Taste. That does apply chaos degen, and the ideal version of this poison SA build with 85% capped chaos resistance greatly mitigates Forbidden Taste's downside.

"
Circle of nostalgia: here is were when you cant cap poison chance on attacks ends. Search first for the HoA buff effect (that will cap your poison chance and increase the bonus for virulences stacks) and if you can afford go for increased chaos damage. This would increase your damage for 20% more and will cost you 50 chaos.

This is what PoB shows for my SA with only Coralito's active. I don't own Circle of Nostalgia. This build gets 50% chance to poison from tree passives, 20% from regular HoA, and 33% from Coralito's (25%, boosted with flask effectiveness from tree). All together, with 100% HoA buff effectiveness on Circle of Nostalgia, the non-Iron Reflexes version of this build has 123% chance to poison on hit (the Iron Reflexes PoB has 143% chance to poison).

Coralito's is significant for reaching 100% chance to poison at early/mid build progression.

The main benefit of getting the HoA buff effectiveness mod on Circle of Nostalgia is improving HoA's 10% more poison damage buff.
Hey Death. nother question. was thinkin of fenumus items. like i ran it and got the helm. think theyd b worth? would have to build around totes diff. but idea. think ima try like 50 labs see if i can get the SA enchant.

Also. check my char for the new gear i setup. next is prolly darkscorn
So I am 1 ex in for the Darkscorn, about 6ex let to farm lol

However, I crafted this Bow

But Lioneye's still feel stronger. Bad rolls beside the 60% poison roll, eh?

However, could you take a look at my character? Its the Assassin one. Unsure if I should save the ex for Darkscorn as mentioned above or buy a 6link chest and slam fossil on it for the -15% mana (and life ofcourse).
Only level 79 so I am still at the beginning with this character.
"
DotsandDashes wrote:
what bow did people level with before they got lioneye? Storm cloud is what i used early on but i dont even know what to upgrade to really. with no physical damage on that bow i feel like you just miss out on damage for no good reason after a while

Attack speed scales Toxic Rain very hard so it is good bow to use all the way until maps. But you can always just switch to some cheap high as/pdps rare on the way or death opus.

"
masamunee219 wrote:
Hey Death. nother question. was thinkin of fenumus items. like i ran it and got the helm. think theyd b worth? would have to build around totes diff. but idea. think ima try like 50 labs see if i can get the SA enchant.

Also. check my char for the new gear i setup. next is prolly darkscorn

Not sure, fenumus helm would be probably way better on assasin I dont think it fits for pathfinder, we dont really go that hard on crit.

Your gear looks pretty solid I guess, aspect of spider is nice touch if you are using it, also helps plague bearer.

"
danzo007 wrote:
What about Sin's Rebirth, I think evasion and anti Burn good for this bild. What do you think?

Yeah, Sin's Rebirth is very good for DPS. But I would personally never replace Cinderswallow, it just feels way too good. But if you dont mind losing some leech and you are using promise, sins is more damage and that eva is nice too (and ignite removal as well).

"
unhappymeal wrote:
Is the bandit choice 2 points?

Yes, it is also set in top-left corner in PoB.

"
m3s5 wrote:
Just replaced Lioneye with this, I wonder how far it is from a Darkscorn?

You can probably simply check in PoB, just add the 60% mroe damge with poison mod on both. But, rare bow can definitely beat Darkscorn by quite a bit now.

"
bofertz wrote:

snip

Very nice writeup, just few things (outside of what others already pointed out):

- Crafting +1 quiver that also beats or gets close to Drillneck damage is imo not very realistic, because shaped quiver adds a lot of bad mods, and to also get +1 together with ailment damage and frenzy generation would be very hard. Also, at least from my testing, as long as you position yourself correctly, the damage difference between 2 arrows and 1 is none on single target. Extra arrow just makes it easier to do, but you can shotgun with all your pods without it.
- Arborix is decent at start I guess, but it hardly benefits us in endgame simply because its lacking delve mod. Also, you dont want to run QoTF with arborix, because whenever you would have Iron Reflexes, you would be actually *slowed* by qotf, what feels really bad. And, with building around molten shell, whenever you would not have iron reflexes you would die. So you would not be able to rely on the roation imo

My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

Very nice writeup, just few things (outside of what others already pointed out):

- Crafting +1 quiver that also beats or gets close to Drillneck damage is imo not very realistic, because shaped quiver adds a lot of bad mods, and to also get +1 together with ailment damage and frenzy generation would be very hard. Also, at least from my testing, as long as you position yourself correctly, the damage difference between 2 arrows and 1 is none on single target. Extra arrow just makes it easier to do, but you can shotgun with all your pods without it.
- Arborix is decent at start I guess, but it hardly benefits us in endgame simply because its lacking delve mod. Also, you dont want to run QoTF with arborix, because whenever you would have Iron Reflexes, you would be actually *slowed* by qotf, what feels really bad. And, with building around molten shell, whenever you would not have iron reflexes you would die. So you would not be able to rely on the roation imo

Hi guys, thanks for replying my thoughts and elucidating some points out.

About the drillneck, that was what i was trying to explain, for ultra endgame we would expend a lot of currency to make a quiver prety much like drillneck (life, atk speed, flat phys, dmg ailments on drillneck and just quality of life extra arrow and some damage with the veiled mod as extra in the crafted). If we got the currency for it, you guys think that crafting would be the target?

Last edited by bofertz on Sep 13, 2019, 7:59:56 PM
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
dapake wrote:
Hi, love scourge arrow and love your poison version even more.

After messing some with PoB I believe that this bow is way better end game. (duh)

I want to multi craft it but am unsure if to +20% AS if unique nearby or flat +10%, what do you think? we are ranged and nearby is a wonky term plus blight encounters dont always include rare/uniques I think.

Hello, glad you like the build.

Hmm, for end-game weapon, are you sure you accounted for the Delve mod? PoB do not supports it atm so you need to input 60% more damage manually. And well, for end-game Vicious Projectiles + Delve mod is strongest ofc, but I am not sure if only Vicious are stronger than delve mod, they weren't last time I checked.

Even though I guess they also provide increased phys so they are not that bad.

+20 as if unique is nearby is not local like 10 flat AS, so it is way worse, so if you want to craft attack speed, definitely go for 10.

Assuming you start with only 60% more poison equivalent (and not more suboptimal stuff) and multi crafting, I still get -7% DPS at most with all the various combos. Probably because you get a free % local increased damage and you can squeeze in flat/+40% more poison multi.
Maybe a hypothetical perfect roll with fossils would be better than a perfect roll with vicious (still doubt it) you would deal more damage.

I went with:
PREF: vicious+incr phys%, flat phys, more poison multi
SUFF: crit+quality, AS, Multimod.
What do you think?

That being said, have you tried the new Blight chest? Planning to go with that and blight helm, so 4 oils in total. That dirty techniques node is juicy as hell.
"
bofertz wrote:

Hi guys, thanks for replying my thoughts and elucidating some points out.

About the drillneck, that was what i was trying to explain, for ultra endgame we would expend a lot of currency to make a quiver prety much like drillneck (life, atk speed, flat phys, dmg ailments on drillneck and just quality of life extra arrow and some damage with the veiled mod as extra in the crafted). If we got the currency for it, you guys think that crafting would be the target?

Hmm yeah probably, if I had that much currency to actually try to craft quiver like that I definitely would, it would be perfect. But, its really hard, you have to hit like 3 reasonably rare mods at once and then hope for everything else to be okay as well.

"
dapake wrote:

Assuming you start with only 60% more poison equivalent (and not more suboptimal stuff) and multi crafting, I still get -7% DPS at most with all the various combos. Probably because you get a free % local increased damage and you can squeeze in flat/+40% more poison multi.
Maybe a hypothetical perfect roll with fossils would be better than a perfect roll with vicious (still doubt it) you would deal more damage.

I went with:
PREF: vicious+incr phys%, flat phys, more poison multi
SUFF: crit+quality, AS, Multimod.
What do you think?

That being said, have you tried the new Blight chest? Planning to go with that and blight helm, so 4 oils in total. That dirty techniques node is juicy as hell.

Well, yeah, Vicious + Delve mod would be the best thing you can hope for probably, but also really really hard to craft, Vicious is pretty rare and you would not be able to ease the process with Metallic fossil.

For Blight chest: Nope, and I dont think it would be good in this build, because at least based on my previous testing with asenats gentle touch, corpse explosions break prolif, so it actually makes clear worse. Otherwise i would def use it, but if this is still the case, its not worth it.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

For Blight chest: Nope, and I dont think it would be good in this build, because at least based on my previous testing with asenats gentle touch, corpse explosions break prolif, so it actually makes clear worse. Otherwise i would def use it, but if this is still the case, its not worth it.

Forgot to mention, I am an assassin so no prolif. Guess I'll have to farm it then. Not sure if oils on helm over-write the lab enchant tho, not that I was willing to grind it anyway..
Last edited by dapake on Sep 13, 2019, 8:27:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info