[3.24] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, fun to play

"
Archernick wrote:
OK I finally have a Darkscorn: bought it for 7ex, divined it a couple of times and then linked it in 500 fusings.

Really unsure what to go for next... any advice Death if you check my Char?

I'm thinking the rare ring is easily the worst piece, followed by the chest (I want those mana cost reductions. Also could try and fossil craft the quiver you included.

Well, for gear upgrades, you can make pretty damn good elder gloves now that chaos multi is not non-ailment only, so maybe giving that a try would be worth, as you can get like 16% multiplier on them (and ofc some flat phys/chaos and attack speed).

For chest, yeah - mana cost chests are awesome (and maybe together with either base crit or maim, I like maim more because it, well, maims and it is also around 7% more damage).

Also temple boots would be nice upgrade from Atzir Step eventually.

EDIT:

Oh, also many people miss how insanely good QoL upgrade is the +1 pod for SA, so that is very good upgrade as well.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Sep 12, 2019, 7:03:20 PM
Hey. Just checkin in. Pmuch got this char up n goin. started out doin wander but changed mind. idk. Just imo upgrades vs urs. i was thinking next would be SA enchant helm, then better bow, quiver, maybe change Body armour but idk. late upgrade gloves, rings ammy etc. LMK what u think. likin how it rolls so far[
I tried crafting a bow in standard and found it is hard so I sticked with Lioneye's Glare, until yesterday I noticed that why I try I only use Corroded
and Serrated, but did not use Metallic. So I tried crafting and get this which is 38% more damage then my Lioneye's Glare. Next step would be farm Jun to get chaos multi crafting.

With this successful, I also crafted a basic chest with two tries of Pristine+Serrated
"
masamunee219 wrote:
Hey. Just checkin in. Pmuch got this char up n goin. started out doin wander but changed mind. idk. Just imo upgrades vs urs. i was thinking next would be SA enchant helm, then better bow, quiver, maybe change Body armour but idk. late upgrade gloves, rings ammy etc. LMK what u think. likin how it rolls so far[

Oh, Shadowstich is very interesting choice, I like it. Handles the on kill recovery very nicely and provides decent stats. Your current quiver has only very little damage on it atm tho, so unless you really like that extra arrow, I would personally still go with Drillneck. But otherwise your setup looks pretty decent.

"
hupple wrote:
I tried crafting a bow in standard and found it is hard so I sticked with Lioneye's Glare, until yesterday I noticed that why I try I only use Corroded
and Serrated, but did not use Metallic. So I tried crafting and get this which is 38% more damage then my Lioneye's Glare. Next step would be farm Jun to get chaos multi crafting.

With this successful, I also crafted a basic chest with two tries of Pristine+Serrated

That is prety nice bow. But you should probably craft chaos damage multiplier over flat phys, it should be a lot stronger.

And for only 2 tries with Pristine+Serrated that is pretty lucky. I am currently trying to craft on The Sacrifice as well atm to upgrade my 5 link, but so far no luck.

For guide update, or maybe future guide update:

I was playing with Iron Reflexes version of the build, and it looks pretty solid. I was mostly trying to solve the common issues with all changes in it. One of the common issues is of course expensive Darkscorn, expensive Divine Flesh, capping chaos resistance and also mana issues before getting decent - mana cost body.

Here is PoB I came up with: https://pastebin.com/zbmQWNEp

The major change is that it is no longer using Darkscorn or Divine Flesh, and instead it is using Delve bow.

Also, I replaced Malevolence with Skitterbots to reduce mana reservation, and Skitters provide decent damage bonus and also chill, so it should be fine. Of course they are slightly weaker than Malevolence, but the chill is pretty worth it (and also another upside is that they also work with Plague Bearer, increasing it's damage).

I also switched few nodes around and took blind + reduced damage taken from blinded enemies for some additional incoming damage reduction as we are no longer eva/dodge based. Then I also picked up Adamant node for some exra armour and regen and guard skill cooldown recovery.

And at last, I replaced Immortal Call with Vaal Molten Shell, what with current 26k armour in PoB is providing nice 15k HP buffer (and 5k buffer with regular molten shell) what is pretty sweet.

The new PoB also has slighly more movement speed (around +10%).

I am still not 100% sold on Iron Reflexes and Molten Shell setup, so I will keep playing with it this league to see how it feels. In meantime, some opinions on it would be great. If I decide to switch to Iron Reflexes, I will probably still keep separate tree for Divine Flesh and Darkscorn as it was and still is the most effective damage mitigation on the build.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Great build! Trying this out.
Last edited by goldenmonkey2301 on Sep 13, 2019, 2:40:03 AM
Yah thanks death. all self crafted pmuch. cept shadowstich, which i traded the one i made for one with 3g 3b lmao. and idk i like the arrow cuz bosses but i hear ya. i just need to throw more fossils at it eventually. Thanks man.
Just replaced Lioneye with this, I wonder how far it is from a Darkscorn?
Death i just tried out the build and I have to thank you. The build is proving to be realy strong without currency invested (entering end game with 3ex, lucky to find the chest but i write down here how can go with much less) and im tempted so say one of my best league starter (i would just not recommend to first timers because the way SA works). I will share some of my thoughts with you guys about leveling and upgrades:

Leveling tricks and costs
Spoiler

Using the quillrain + toxic arrow combo in a 4L can carry you to act 8 no problems involved (this combo is way simpler to use since mirage archer do most of the job). If you can grab a 5L or tabula asap, this way it will carry you till maps. - total cost: 1c bow + 5c chest

Grab the Coralitos + atziri combo flasks in the 60s levels, it will make a huge damage impact. - you can get a bad coralito if you facing economic problems for les than 10c and atziris for 1c, its worth.

Found a nice upgrade for the goldrim in a garbage unique drop:

This helm will give us nice total res+ chaos res for the degens in blood rage and coralitos, and it has the +1 for socketed gems. Put your malevolence HoA and precision here and see the damage boost. Be careful with the level of precision for mana problems! - cost you 1 chaos

The Lioneyes + SA its the next upgrade. With decent rolls (320+pDPS 5 chaos cost), it will increase our damage from quillrain by almost 150%. It has also 2 more hidden perks that help us a lot:
1- hits can be evaded: we get 100% chance to hit and have 100% chance to poison. We poison everything with every hit! Its incredible the sustain we got for HoA and poison prolif with just this line. (if you are not caped at poison chance read the post where Death explains it)
2- we can drop precision and solve mana problems as we have the 100% hit chance.

Circle of nostalgia: here is were when you cant cap poison chance on attacks ends. Search first for the HoA buff effect (that will cap your poison chance and increase the bonus for virulences stacks) and if you can afford go for increased chaos damage. This would increase your damage for 20% more and will cost you 50 chaos.

For those who are having problems with caping resistances after using circle of nostalgia and are missing int requirement: Jewels are the solution!
We can get 2 jewels socket early on in the tree and use it with wisely. Go on poe.trade and select this 2 kind of jewels( they will cost you less than 20c):
1- go for normal jewels with: %increased life + % chaos damage +int,resistances
2- go for abyss jewels with: +flat maximum life + resistance + int

For final leveling upgrade: -mana cost chest
I tried most of combinations in PoB, but the more cost and damage effective one is going for the - mana cost chest amour piece as soon as you can afford a 6L. It will make a smoother process to get to end game maps and content as you will be able to use all your auras and skills. Just go for - mana cost + maximum life and if you can afford some res for quality of life. I was lucky and found this:

Quiver Discussion and +1 arrow
Spoiler

Here i will consider the discussion about the quivers. First thing first: start with the drillneck as soon as you can. Decent rolls go for 3c.

As Death already said, pierce is important. SA pierces all targets but just for the shot after you finish channeling (the big green laser in your screen). So as SA has the 100% pierce in the first shot, the pierce additional target implict for the drillneck will work on the secondary shots, which are for us the thorns that are released from the pods. With the thorns piercing we are now utilizing the "arrows deals 50% increased damage for hits and ailments to target they pierce" to add damage to our hits and poisons.

What an additional arrow do: the pods are distributed among each arrow, rather than in a line from player after channeling. Having more additional arrows than pods will not cause additional pods to spawn (we are limited by 5 at maximum channeling). With more arrows we can:
1- enhance our clearspeed by releasing the channel while mouse cursor is near the edge of our screen.
2- buff up our single target by place our cursor next to the target, the spore pods spawn in a cluster near your mouse cursor with more arrows.

So what we are going after drillneck in endgame: crafted shaper quiver!

Base item: penetrating arrow quiver (has the same implict of drillneck and do the same job in terms of piercing).
Shaper base: now that we are in the endgame we have the currency and luxury to gain access to the +1 arrow
item level: 80 for thhe + 1 arrow
corroded fossil: we are getting rid off flat elemental damage and resistance and adding 40% increased damage with ailments
shuddering fossils: make attack speed more likely and mainly add the frenzy charge on hit generator
open suffix: veiled mod for increased critical chhance and added chaos damage, when we use coralitos our crits will do even more damage.

(Death if you could, consider adding a session in the main page about this explanation as many people has this doubt)

Iron Reflexes
Spoiler

Im really satisfied that you are trying different approaches to this build. Im going to try to help you out with this and have some ideas.

We could go with pure amour and permanent iron reflexes using a concept like whitedondi bring us with his kaoms or even get back to the QotF setup.
I messed arroung PoB and I can see usage of arborix as a damm good weapon. The bow provides good pDPS (we should consider going with hillock +28% since we are going for pure phys bow to conversion in SA) and 2 arrows. For QotF setup we will be going to have huge armour when iron reflexes proc from the bow, and when it comes off huge amount of evasion. With this setup grace would be a greater option, so we have to find a way to workaround grace+ malevolence.
We could make a huge investment using auls uprising for malevolence, since the amulet will give no mana reservation and some int that we would need.

Is the bandit choice 2 points?
What about Sin's Rebirth, I think evasion and anti Burn good for this bild. What do you think?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info