(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

Another idea for saving some word count would be to create a new post with your entire levelling guide (Because it is pretty darn awesome), and just provide a link to it in this main guide, would save you so many words in the guide because your levelling tips are so extensive.

Edit: Also was just looking over the skill tree and have a question, does the "10% chance to gain ARcane Surge when you kill an enemy" not overwrite our arcane surge support gem? Just wondering if it does wouldn't that be a level 1 arcane surge?
Last edited by SirBuddington on Sep 5, 2019, 9:17:22 PM
Wallach, you have amazing totem guides for FP and HFT. I wonder if you ever tried Ice Spear totems, and if yes what was your opinion of them?
Think I'm league starting with this build. woooo
"
SirBuddington wrote:
Another idea for saving some word count would be to create a new post with your entire levelling guide (Because it is pretty darn awesome), and just provide a link to it in this main guide, would save you so many words in the guide because your levelling tips are so extensive.

Edit: Also was just looking over the skill tree and have a question, does the "10% chance to gain ARcane Surge when you kill an enemy" not overwrite our arcane surge support gem? Just wondering if it does wouldn't that be a level 1 arcane surge?

Yeah that's not a bad idea honestly. If one of the forum moderators can't find a more elegant solution, I might just re-create the thread and steal the second post for double the guide room. I just don't really want to toss out all of the discussion about the build already in here, especially right around league start.

As far as Arcane Capacitor's "on kill" effect, yeah, it would actually overwrite any existing Arcane Surge because it doesn't really look at the buff strength. Arcane Blessing in the Hierophant tree works the same way (and is part of the reason most people don't like that node). Thankfully, because it specifically mentions "when you kill an enemy", we can't trigger this part of Arcane Capacitor and won't have to worry about it.

"
diablomig wrote:
Wallach, you have amazing totem guides for FP and HFT. I wonder if you ever tried Ice Spear totems, and if yes what was your opinion of them?

Thanks - I have tried Ice Spear totems before, but I wasn't a big fan of them due to how much poorer of a general clearing skill Ice Spear is. The skill can certainly get to high levels of damage, but I don't think the game is very good about rewarding extreme levels of single target damage, especially if you have to sacrifice a bunch of clear speed to obtain it. Most of the time, you're a lot better off with a skill that is strong because it gets "strong enough" to still perform very well in single target fights, but is also extremely good at general clearing. Ice Spear seems to lean too hard in the wrong direction for most of the content, basically.
Will follow this on the Blight League.
Thanks for the guide!
Thank you for reply Wallach. I think Ice Spear can fit into exactly the same build as FP. So one could use FP for mapping and then swap to Ice Spear for Uber Elder.
I am a half newb. I havent played POE in a while and will be relearning POE this league. This build looks great, but some things are a bit tricky for me to understand. For example, I do not fully understand how to maximize life/mana ratios for MoM. I do not understand exactly how shaper/fossil item crafting works. Also since it seems the final build has a pretty high cost, I am worried making the jump to end game may not be an option if I am slow to learn everything that comes with POE.

Would you recommend against this build for a newer player?
"
drohrer wrote:
I am a half newb. I havent played POE in a while and will be relearning POE this league. This build looks great, but some things are a bit tricky for me to understand. For example, I do not fully understand how to maximize life/mana ratios for MoM. I do not understand exactly how shaper/fossil item crafting works. Also since it seems the final build has a pretty high cost, I am worried making the jump to end game may not be an option if I am slow to learn everything that comes with POE.

Would you recommend against this build for a newer player?

hey drohrer. yep recommend for a new player. just get as much mana on your gear as you can without sacrificing other stats. i.e if it's got what you want plus a mana roll, bonus. there are a ton of videos on fossil farming. the main youtubers like ziggyd and ziz are good options. yes the final give me a burger with everything option is expensive. atziri's reflection was going for 30+ ex at one point last league. it's a nice to have but not necessary. you can do this build for under a couple of ex and work your way up. it's all content viable, tanky enough and a reasonably quick mapper so worth the effort imo.
"
Dmillz wrote:

You'll smash stuff with white wands with the OoS + Wave setup so don't overthink it.

"
seciak wrote:

I don't take MoM and any mana nodes until 3rd lab and Kitava, maps.

Thank you both for very thorough and detailed response there. Have done a couple of test runs tonight, feels really good about lvling as a self-caster with OoS + Wave&Arc. Really appreciate you guys sharing such amazing experience.
This will be my league starter... looking forward to it tonight :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info