[3.7] Dessher's High-Speed Chain Hook Berserker - Every Skill Gem can be good!

My Idea with this build was to make my first "Movement Skill" based build, and see how good it can be with that. The results so far are, it's good and incredible fast. (because you go just with physical damage here, every Melee Skill can be used.)

Skill Gems

Spoiler
Helmet 4L - Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Blood Magic - Fortify

Body Armour 5/6L - Chain Hook - Brutality Support - Ruthless Support - Melee Physical Damage - Multistrike - (Impale) 6L

Weapon (1) 3L - Cast When Damage Taken - Summon Ice Golem - Molten Shell

Weapon (2) - Flesh and Stone - Vaal Ancestral Warchief | Blood Rage

Gloves 4L - Herald of Purity - Berserk - Punishment - Blasphemy Support

Boots 4L - Enduring Cry - Cast When Damage Taken - Phase Run - Increased Duration

Recommended Gear / My Gear

Spoiler
Weapon - For your Weapon there are 4 important stats :
1. % to Physical Damage
2. % to Attack Speed
3. Adds x Physical Damage to Attacks
4. % Increased Global Critical Stirke Chance

Helmet - Here you can choose what you want (3 opportunity's ) :
Offensive with Abyssus
Deffensive with Starkonja's Head
or a rare helmet with maximum life and resistances

Gloves - Get the Haemophilia for the extra attack speed on bleeding Enemies and the "bleeding explosions"

Chest - Any Chest with maximum life and resistances, or you could pick the Loreweave for more Critical Multiplier

Boots - Maximum Life,Resistances and if possible the enchantment " #% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently", Movement Speed is unnecessary, because you Leap Slaming all the time

Belt - Rustic Stash with maximum life and resistances | we picking Rustic Stash for the increased Global Physical Damage

Rings - On one of the rings we must go for Assasins Mark, because of our incredible mana usage, but on both rings we want to go for :
1. Adds x Physical Damage to Attacks
2. Maximum Life
3. Resistance (if needed)

Amulet - Here we go, for the same as on the rings and for
1. Increased Global Critical Strike Chance
2. Accuracy Rating

Flasks
Life Flask
because of its fast healing | 3k life in 2,8s |
Granite Flask for armour
(Lion's Roar would be better)
Basalt Flask for physical damage reduction if you use Abyssus

Diamond Flask to get better Critical Strike Chance

Quecksilver Flask for Movement Speed or the Rolls like "Immune to Freeze and Chill"

Path of Building

Spoiler
What my character looks now (lvl 83) - (1,8M) - https://pastebin.com/0WxFsh6V

Final Build Tree (Paper DPS 9M) - https://pastebin.com/uinNeK7Q

Ascendancy

We choose Berserker
1.Rite of Ruin
2.Pain Reaver
3.Aspect of Carnage

Bandits

Alira for the Crit Multiplier, early Mana-Regen and resistances

Leveling

Start with every Melee which you favor, and start using Chain Hook on lvl 12.
Combine it with with Ruthless and Maim, as long you dont have Brutality, you can use Elemental Damage.

Get Herald of Purity and Blood Rage at lvl 16

Get Dread Banner at lvl 24

Get Vaal Ancestral Warchief and Bladestorm (if you like to) at 28

On lvl 31 you can take Pulverise and either Brutality or Impale, I would recommend to take Brutality and safe Impale for the 6L

Pick Berserk on 34

At lvl 38 pick Cast when Damage Taken, Molten Shell and Summon Ice Golem

When you have enough Mana and no Mana problems, take Punishment with Blasphemy for 25% more phys. damage

Videos

Uber Elder - Will never happen
Elder - https://youtu.be/N-fGxkI_XMA
Shaper - Will never happen
T7 Map - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNJa7esSb8o
Speed and Stats Demonstration (lvl 80) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S-XZvY3Prw
Kaom Act 4 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJNlBpib7Vg

Other Map Tiers will come

If I should forgot something, write it (ask for it) and I will add it into the thread or anwser you.

Changelog
- Updated the gems to use
- Added my new gear
- Added Bladestorm as a clear skill

24/06/19
- added Elder-Video
- updated current gear and gems
- removed Bladestorm
Last edited by Dessher on Oct 29, 2019, 6:14:02 PM
Last bumped on Nov 28, 2019, 1:58:53 AM
I'm doing a similar build but went with dual maces and resolute technique fun stuff just beat all the elder guardians and pushing shaper once I have the fragments. Have you tested ruthless support? It's insane with all the attack speed and if you can get maim on your chest or put maim on totem you can make room for it I also prefer fortify on my leap slam so I can run pulverize in my chain hook for huge aoe buff.
"
lingo43 wrote:
I'm doing a similar build but went with dual maces and resolute technique fun stuff just beat all the elder guardians and pushing shaper once I have the fragments. Have you tested ruthless support? It's insane with all the attack speed and if you can get maim on your chest or put maim on totem you can make room for it I also prefer fortify on my leap slam so I can run pulverize in my chain hook for huge aoe buff.

I already had tried pulverize on it and the one problem, with that was at the beginning, the AoE buff and less speed debuff were there but no effect on the area damage. I will try it so maybe its better now.

And with your idea on ruthless no I didnt try it, but I will check it out :)

Pulverize is crazy for clearing.

Check out my character Yerfuct - a pretty optimized Bleed/Impale Chain Hook build.

For the main 6-link I use CH-Multistrike-Impale-Fortify-Melee Phys-Rage

I swap Pulverize in for Rage sometimes for clear and the difference is very apparent. I've also just recently tried Flicker for clearing and it's outrageously better (obviously) and all I did was swap a few gems.

Check it, maybe you can get some good ideas to optimize your build a bit.
"
Cimmerian_ wrote:

I swap Pulverize in for Rage sometimes for clear and the difference is very apparent. I've also just recently tried Flicker for clearing and it's outrageously better (obviously) and all I did was swap a few gems.

Thanks I will look into that, but is Multistrike really needed?

And the clear is really good just, that on big packs not all enemies die at once , because of my small AoE at the time, but I will work on it.
"
Dessher wrote:
"
Cimmerian_ wrote:

Thanks I will look into that, but is Multistrike really needed?

And the clear is really good just, that on big packs not all enemies die at once , because of my small AoE at the time, but I will work on it.

Yes, it is.
"
Cimmerian_ wrote:

Yes, it is.

But why?
"
Dessher wrote:
"
Cimmerian_ wrote:

Yes, it is.

But why?

Not sure if serious.

Read the gem?
"
Cimmerian_ wrote:

Not sure if serious.

Read the gem?

Oh, I am sorry, I did know about that part with the first and second repeat, just thought about the attack speed, thats interesting, but that just is good for single-target I would say, cause I dont even would get to hit an enemy more than 2 times, bacause its already dead, so I understand it just for boss fights.
Last edited by Dessher on Jun 22, 2019, 9:39:46 AM
"
Dessher wrote:
"
Cimmerian_ wrote:

Not sure if serious.

Read the gem?

Oh, I am sorry, I did know about that part with the first and second repeat, just thought about the attack speed, thats interesting, but that just is good for single-target I would say, cause I dont even would get to hit an enemy more than 2 times, bacause its already dead, so I understand it just for boss fights.

It should never leave your 6-link.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info