[3.9] Nickonasty's Modular CoCpri Ice Nova Assassin - Shaper/UElder Viable

"
Iceblaze23 wrote:
Build has been pretty great so far! I've pushed up to tier 12-13 maps but now I've hit another wall, as I can just be randomly one-shot. I have around 5.1k health and 2.9k ES and obviously max resists. What am I doing wrong? DPS feels pretty solid at this point mostly, but I'm really just more concerned about my survivability. Could you take a look at my build or just in general give some surivivability tips? Here's my build: https://pastebin.com/aCKRXnsh

I'd say try to have permanent uptime on your fortify and balance your wise oak resists for 10% less elemental damage taken. Check your pantheons and see if you're running defensive options in Solaris/Lunaris + Ralakesh/Yugul.

If this doesn't work, switch out your Cospri's Malice for a faster one, take Coordination in Shadow start and drop your Silver flask for a Basalt or other defensive flask.

If there are still issues you may want to consider purchasing a Acuity or running Discipline with an ES on hit Watcher's Eye.

Also take a look at your gameplay and map mods and make sure you're not playing too HAM. The build is quite tanky for the investment, but it's not the be-all-end-all compared to max block/dodge or extremely high phys/ele mitigation builds at least not without investing into more defensive layers or recovery.

P.S. what is the source of the one shots, if it's legion mobs you should approach them similar to the strategy for dealing with engineered constructs in Incursions and flank at perpendicular angles.
noot noot
I'll definitely try those out when I get back tonight! Thank you. One shots are always legion mobs or map bosses.
I get a cospri's malice corrupted with the frenzy charge generation like you recommend but it has "11 increased attack speed". Its not viable for the build? its too much IAS? or its fine like that?..I read an older guide from 3.5 that recommend 8 or 9 attack speed in cospri...

Last edited by yissus on Jun 23, 2019, 9:41:24 PM
Is the part about needing 15 aps for dual wielding cospri current? The wiki says both weapons hit during a cyclone tick while dual wielding, so if they're able to proc together, wouldn't you only need 7.5?
"
Is the part about needing 15 aps for dual wielding cospri current? The wiki says both weapons hit during a cyclone tick while dual wielding, so if they're able to proc together, wouldn't you only need 7.5?

The wiki is not current, cyclone alternates now at its written attack speed.
noot noot
"
yissus wrote:
I get a cospri's malice corrupted with the frenzy charge generation like you recommend but it has "11 increased attack speed". Its not viable for the build? its too much IAS?

It's viable, but you might need to adjust the attack speed you have on the tree. You should test it out on PoB with the gear you have available.
noot noot
Hey, first time using Cospri and CoC in general so abit noob here.

I read some parts about "you can only have x attack speed or you exceed the limit or smth" ? Mabye im just dumb for not understanding. I have 7.14 buffed and 6.49 without poachers mark, i saw, i have poachers mark on jewel, is it bad? Too much aps?

Anyway here's my gear, im only level 80 tho. Any help is appreciated. This is my favourite build ever :D Love the new cyclone and with more explosions, better!

Last edited by Cyterizz on Jun 23, 2019, 10:32:35 PM
Hello Ralign. I really need help in optimizing my character. I looked into your build and some other CoC builds but somehow my damage is not that great on shaper/uelder.I am really lost now. I've been doing much more with my first character slayer RL(no crit) cyclone for example i could stand in shapers beam and nuke him to death. It just felt much stronger. I am not sure what i did wrong building CoC assassin and i already invested abit currency. Maybe you could help me fixing my build? Maybe dual-wield cospri would be the best option? But I am not sure how should I do that please take a look on my character when u have some free time.Any help much appreciated :) https://pastebin.com/0TjeUCse

Last edited by Shetzki on Jun 23, 2019, 10:28:29 PM
"
Cyterizz wrote:
Hey, first time using Cospri and CoC in general so abit noob here.

I read some parts about "you can only have x attack speed or you exceed the limit or smth" ? Mabye im just dumb for not understanding. I have 7.14 buffed and 6.49 without poachers mark, i saw, i have poachers mark on jewel, is it bad? Too much aps?

Anyway here's my gear, im only level 80 tho. Any help is appreciated. This is my favourite build ever :D Love the new cyclone and with more explosions, better!

You have no "% increased Cooldown Recovery Speed" which means you only want your APS to be 6 or under. Poacher's mark is fine, but you only get Frenzy charges on trash mobs and not bosses which means that if you optimize for bosses Poacher's mark will screw up your clear.

This gives you two options:
A) get your iCRS to 14% and keep your APS <7.5
B) change no gear and drop your aps to <6

Explanation

Your spells with CoC have a cooldown of 165ms (you can trigger at most 6 times a second). If you try to go over this APS it starts to skip triggers and you will do much less DPS.

You can make the cooldown shorter with iCRS stat of AT LEAST 14%. This makes you cooldown with CoC 132ms (you can trigger at most 7.5 times a second). The same as before if you go over this APS you will do much less DPS.

noot noot
Last edited by Ralign on Jun 24, 2019, 1:02:59 AM
Hi there, just a bit of insight concerning Steelskin/Immortal call.
Since we have enough strength to level Steelskin to 20+ and don't have endurance charges, it's actually better to level Steelskin and cast it manually when you enter into a pack.
Since the cooldown is pretty low, it acts like a buffer and protects from those damn one shots way more reliably.

If i'm not mistaken IC procs AFTER receiving the CWDT-triggering hit, so it doesn't prevent from being one shot by a legion mob right off the bat.

That aside, I have a question concerning resists if you pick Atziri's acuity, and with damage mitigation in general. How do you cap your resists efficiently ? I had some issues even with the gloves, and since we have to reserve 2 jewels to proc the other ailments, the room for improvement is really low.

Same question for accuracy, how do you manage to get decent hit chance without lycosidae ? I had 10% increased accuracy on a ring and ended up at 70% hit change +/-, with precision lvl 1. Sure, there is poacher's mark, but it still felt like missing a lot of hits.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info