[3.7] Essence Drain/Contagion Trickster (the best one)

has anyone taken on hall of grandmasters with this build? i think someone mentioned using scorching ray against the CI builds.
"
rlauren2 wrote:
"
I'm running Perfect Form and Devouring Diadem, anyone tested whether three passive points for Wicked Ward is worth it?

Ultimately you will end up being the best test for whether this is worth it. In principle though, the harder the content, the more it's worth it. Additionally, the more ES investment you have in the rest of your build, the more it's worth it.

If you're primarily mapping in mob-dense areas, you likely won't need it. Patient Reaper, Feast of Flesh, and Ghost Shrouds will keep your ES up almost permanently.

I'd suggest not taking it and see how you feel. If you never run low on ES and never die, then you can invest them elsewhere. If you start diving deeper delves or bossing more and start feeling squishy, try it and see if it helps.

"
Do we benefit from Dread Banner skill on this build?

I don't think we benefit enough to include it. The less accuracy is helpful, but we don't impale anything, so the fortify and AoE buffs are basically zero. The build is generally socked starved and skill bar starved, so I think there are more beneficial choices.

Ok thanks for confirming.
Which secondary/tertiary Watcher Eye's mods are best for our build after Malevolence nacdot?
"
Which secondary/tertiary Watcher Eye's mods are best for our build after Malevolence nacdot?

CLARITY : gain mana as max ES
MALEVOLENCE : immune to bleed
MALEVOLENCE : increased recovery
"

Depends on your aura setup and whether you're going for low level clear speed or high level content.

Looks like you're using Grace + Malevolence, so I'd shoot for Grace's extra movement speed if you're going for clear speed and Malevolence's increased life and ES recovery rate if you're doing high level content. Grace's additional chance to evade attacks would also be a high level content buff, but I would pick the Malevolence one first if money is no object.

Of course if you changed Grace for a different aura then there's all sorts of options that are solid. Onslaught and Phasing while affected by Haste could be fun for low level clear speed. Haste's additional chance to dodge spell attacks could be a cheaper way to buff high level content clearing. And I've seen people use Zealotry to great effect by using a WE with some combination of these three mods:

'Effects of Consecrated Ground you create while affected by Zealotry Linger for 2 seconds'
'Consecrated Ground you create while affected by Zealotry causes enemies to take (8-10)% increased Damage'
'Gain Arcane Surge for 4 seconds when you create Consecrated Ground while affected by Zealotry'

EDIT: Since you're using EB I wouldn't target any of the energy shield mods (like the above mentioned clarity mods or the discipline mods).

And don't waste a WE mod on bleed immunity, buy a corrupted Spreading Rot jewel with "Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you". That plus the standard "removes bleeding" flask should be more than good enough.

Last edited by kevinbrightblade on Jul 11, 2019, 9:11:16 PM
"
"

CLARITY : gain mana as max ES
MALEVOLENCE : immune to bleed
MALEVOLENCE : increased recovery

Thanks mate I'm looking into it.
"
"

Depends on your aura setup and whether you're going for low level clear speed or high level content.

Looks like you're using Grace + Malevolence, so I'd shoot for Grace's extra movement speed if you're going for clear speed and Malevolence's increased life and ES recovery rate if you're doing high level content. Grace's additional chance to evade attacks would also be a high level content buff, but I would pick the Malevolence one first if money is no object.

Of course if you changed Grace for a different aura then there's all sorts of options that are solid. Onslaught and Phasing while affected by Haste could be fun for low level clear speed. Haste's additional chance to dodge spell attacks could be a cheaper way to buff high level content clearing. And I've seen people use Zealotry to great effect by using a WE with some combination of these three mods:

'Effects of Consecrated Ground you create while affected by Zealotry Linger for 2 seconds'
'Consecrated Ground you create while affected by Zealotry causes enemies to take (8-10)% increased Damage'
'Gain Arcane Surge for 4 seconds when you create Consecrated Ground while affected by Zealotry'

EDIT: Since you're using EB I wouldn't target any of the energy shield mods (like the above mentioned clarity mods or the discipline mods).

And don't waste a WE mod on bleed immunity, buy a corrupted Spreading Rot jewel with "Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you". That plus the standard "removes bleeding" flask should be more than good enough.

Thanks mate. Yeah adding movement sounds good because I felt lacking in speed in legion clearing. I didn't use Zealotry because I felt Grace has more synergy with our build or maybe I'm wrong. I also tried temporal chain additional curse, it's also great.
Hi, this is the first ED+Contagion build i've tried so far, love the style.

However, i think i've hit a wall in terms of getting more damage(can't clear Monolith mobs in one hit, usually are the big boys at either end of the armies surviving). I know i have rooms to fit in more rare gear in my set up. But i run those rares in path of building, and they only give me 30k-ish DPS boost each. Any suggestion to my setup is appreciated.

Last edited by meeetal on Jul 12, 2019, 12:17:55 AM
"
meeetal wrote:
Hi, this is the first ED+Contagion build i've tried so far, love the style.

However, i think i've hit a wall in terms of getting more damage(can't clear Monolith mobs in one hit, usually are the big boys at either end of the armies surviving). I know i have rooms to fit in more rare gear in my set up. But i run those rares in path of building, and they only give me 30k-ish DPS boost each. Any suggestion to my setup is appreciated.

Level 21 ED and level 4 Empower will be a huge DPS boost. Should be like 30-50%?
Hey

Probably a dumb question, but does Hunter's Gambit node work when you have ED in a bow?
It says "Increased Damage over time with Bow skills"

As ED isn't a bow skill, I guess it won't improve ED's damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info