[3.7] Essence Drain/Contagion Trickster (the best one)

"
"
musicesmelife wrote:
What do you guys think of the helm enchant increasing despair effectiveness?

I played around with it in POB and it turned out to provide a greater DPS boost compared to even a 40% ED damage enchant. and its also a fraction of the price

stupid people encouraging 40% increased damage for enchant lul
ofcourse curse effectiveness is better

surprised despair helm enchant price hasnt shot up tbh

It is not *always* better. It depends on your curse up-time. For cracking generals and stashes on t16 monoliths, the raw ED damage is better since you won't have your curse on stuff off-screen.

The richer you are and better geared you are, the better Despair curse effect becomes. 40% spell damage is additive, so its benefits are diminished if you have 4-prop jewels, spell damage rings, completely decked out, etc. Additionally, once you reach a point where you can already kill off-screen generals without cursing them, the Despair enchant is better since now the only thing that matters is making end-game stuff like uber elder easier.
Hi

I'm about to try this build out :)

Quick question, the build has theoretically room for 2 six-links (chest + bow) but the gem section only mentions an ED six-link.
Is it not worth using a second six-link for contegion or blight? Or are the gem slots needed for other gems?
"
HarryBolls wrote:
Hi

Quick question, the build has theoretically room for 2 six-links (chest + bow) but the gem section only mentions an ED six-link.
Is it not worth using a second six-link for contegion or blight? Or are the gem slots needed for other gems?

Lots of variations on that with this build, once you have your Bow 6L for ED. Some use it for defenses, others use if for Contagion and something else, etc. Sort of depends on your gear as well. You can take a look at mine for an idea:
Spoiler

Last edited by Optio82 on Jul 10, 2019, 10:16:09 AM
Alright, time to complain.

Crafted the +1 bow 4x already, got unlucky and got a suffix with it, annulled 4x and lost the +1 4x too :).

Could anyone take a look at my profile and tell me what to upgrade asap?

I just defeated red elder, but could not save shaper, so I'm lacking in dps a bit I think.

Many thanks!
"
Dirtman030916 wrote:

Crafted the +1 bow 4x already, got unlucky and got a suffix with it, annulled 4x and lost the +1 4x too :).

I just defeated red elder, but could not save shaper, so I'm lacking in dps a bit I think. Many thanks!

I took a quick look - but I am no expert, as I am only Lvl 77 on my new Trick. But I've cleared all of Legion with my Lvl 91 Witch Occ CS Vortex'er. Now I'm trying this Trick ED Contagion build out.

1) If you need a burst of DPS on hard targets like a Boss -- try using a Vaal Righteous Fire Gem. Just use the Vaal part of course.
2) Your gear/gem links are sort of all over the place.
3) You are manually casting Despair and trying to channel Blight and also the normal ED and Contagion? That sounds Un-Fun to me. And against hard targets like portals and Bosses -- that is a ton of shit to micro manage.'
4) I threw Blight on a totem instead and upgraded from my pair of Allelo's to an Elder pair with Chaos damage over time Multiplier. And/or Blas-Despair self aura.
5) Do you have a way to gain Onslaught?

Those were the things that jumped out to me. Also -- as it is been said 100s times, correct crafted Bow and Quiver vs Wand and Shield, the Bow and Quiver are a huge leap in DPS overall.

PS. I crafted my bow from a iLvl 50 short bow. That sucks on your Annul's, I hate that shit.
Last edited by Optio82 on Jul 10, 2019, 1:00:50 PM
"
Dirtman030916 wrote:

I just defeated red elder, but could not save shaper, so I'm lacking in dps a bit I think.

Many thanks!

Main thing, just use frostwall. You can beat him right now if you just do that. You can buy a level 21 frostwall for like 3c and then you don't even have to worry about keeping him alive. That's how I did it with pretty much the same gear as you before I upgraded my stuff.

Get rid of Acrobatics and use those 3 points elsewhere unless you're going to pick up Phase Acrobatics. I would (and did) switch Vaal Disc for Vaal Grace, just felt better to me. The rest of your stuff is fine (include the manual bane/despair). I'm no expert, but I question the use of Atziri's Promise. We don't do elemental or physical damage, and the leech seems useless since ED already leeches and you have a health flask. Pick up a Witchfire Brew or something else instead.
"
HarryBolls wrote:
Hi

I run a 6L blight in my body armor and all other gems (auras, cwdt, contagion) are placed in my boots, gloves, and ring.

Spoiler
I'm running Perfect Form and Devouring Diadem, anyone tested whether three passive points for Wicked Ward is worth it?
Do we benefit from Dread Banner skill on this build?
"
I'm running Perfect Form and Devouring Diadem, anyone tested whether three passive points for Wicked Ward is worth it?

Ultimately you will end up being the best test for whether this is worth it. In principle though, the harder the content, the more it's worth it. Additionally, the more ES investment you have in the rest of your build, the more it's worth it.

If you're primarily mapping in mob-dense areas, you likely won't need it. Patient Reaper, Feast of Flesh, and Ghost Shrouds will keep your ES up almost permanently.

I'd suggest not taking it and see how you feel. If you never run low on ES and never die, then you can invest them elsewhere. If you start diving deeper delves or bossing more and start feeling squishy, try it and see if it helps.

"
Do we benefit from Dread Banner skill on this build?

I don't think we benefit enough to include it. The less accuracy is helpful, but we don't impale anything, so the fortify and AoE buffs are basically zero. The build is generally socked starved and skill bar starved, so I think there are more beneficial choices.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info