Dash

Hi, I have a suggestion for the Dash skill gem.

I would suggest to change the initial dex requirement on the Dash skillgem from 16 to 14 on level 1 of the gem. So Marauders can gain access to the level one version of the gem with only their starting dex.
Marauders are currently the only class that has no travel/blink skill available at level 4 without a dexterity/stat boosting item, which, in my opinion, feels unfair from a race perspective.
Dash is a very good skill as it is but it suffers several problems which already were reported in this thread. Let me summarize them.

1. When supported by Second Wind, it very often activates twice with a single key press. This is specially annoying when the second use sends you back to your original location leading to untimely death when trying to avoid a dangerous attack.

This bug is specially noticeable when your character is affected by an echoing shrine. When this happens, Dash becomes completely unusable as it sends you back every time.

Please prevent it from activating twice.

2. You always dash for the maximum distance and if that distance cannot be reached Dash won't activate.

Please make it work the same way as Flame Dash : dash to you mouse cursor location or as close as possible.

3. The idea of Dash going backwards when shift is pressed sounds cool on paper but in practice it's just a minor annoyance for most players.

Please add an option to prevent Dash from going backwards.

Thanks.
The skill has a "Blink" tag, but it doesn't actually teleport you the whole way to the end position. You can test it by dashing over burning ground, for example. Sometimes you will cross it without taking any damage, other times you take damage. At first I thought it was only the beginning that counted as teleport, but it's not the case, it doesn't seem to be in any way consistent.
Why is Dash considered good when Flame Dash is a thing?
What is the value of my own life when it is taken from others so easily?
This is actually a bug I just experienced. I will make a post in bug section, too.

When I use dash, everything is working as intended.

But when I turn on always attack without moving on dash, I would dash in the opposite direction of the cursor. 100% of the times.
"
lemurg wrote:
This is actually a bug I just experienced. I will make a post in bug section, too.

When I use dash, everything is working as intended.

But when I turn on always attack without moving on dash, I would dash in the opposite direction of the cursor. 100% of the times.

This isn't a bug, this feature is detailed in green text on the skill gem.
It's because Dash has the feature of moving backwards if you hold shift to it, and so the same behavior applies when you check auto-attack in place.

The good news is that dash doesn't need to have that box checked because it basically has that feature by default. As it's the only "true" movement skill in the game (it has no damage component to it at all), it has no targeting and therefore doesn't really care to try and "find" a target near your mouse. You hit the button, it goes.
"
Noble_Seiken wrote:
Why is Dash considered good when Flame Dash is a thing?

Because Dash never has a real cast time no matter if you use it multiple times in a row, and doesn't have a fixed delay at the end like Flame Dash has either.
I like the skill I want to use it but I feel like Flame Dash is kinda mandatory... Having only 1 charge when a similar skill have 3 does not feel good.

I know Dash is instant and got a lower cooldown than Flame Dash, but the lack of charges maybe scare or drive away some players from using it, myself included.

Shouldn't Dash that does ONLY move and reallocate thematically, be better at moving overall than Flame Dash, which is a thematic fire spell that also deals damage?

I think the favoured movement skill should be the basic version the neutral Dash, and the reason to use Flame Dash for instance could be someone wanting the benefits of fire damage.
Right after release the skill was pretty bad.
Three leagues later it got the 3% travel distance stat and Second Wind Support.
Again two leagues later we got alternate quality gems, and oh boy the Anomalous Dash with Anomalous Second Wind and lvl4 Enhance in a +1 gems item was so damn good. This combination worked so smooth and was fitting the gameplay timings so well, it could become the next one iconic movement skill similar to 200% fcr Teleport. I played whole Ritual with this setup and my generic caster never felt so balanced movement-wise ever before (and never after)

With alt quality second wind the skill now has 2.41 sec c/d
Normal quality second wind brings the c/d to 2.1 sec.
Now it's at least twice slower than before, it doesn't work anymore.

There is no "smart pathfinding" in this game, if you dare to click on a rock under your mouse pointer the game client gladly consumes Dash charge and teleports you a half feet forward (you may hear developer's mocking laugh in a distant) now you're punished each time the Dash fails, you have to wait for cooldown recovery standing in front of 5 sequential terrassen in some shitty layout map like Sulphur Vents, you can't rely on the skill during Sirus fight, that bastard don't have any c/d on the teleport, you run out of charges and get hit as given. What am I suppose to do?! "Investments" blah blah, there is only one fucking cluster with cooldown recovery on the tree, there is only one item with decent amount of c/d recovery in the game, are you implying I have to use it on every caster build?! I'm forced to, for sure, but will I? Nope.

Five leagues to make the skill usable, one league to stomp it to ash.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info