Dash

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Sep 2, 2021, 11:18:45 AM
I love dash as it is an essential addition on how a melee build can take on combat by moving in and out to attack and avoid hits. This being said it is sad that strength builds are too limited with dash having an imho much too high Dex requirement.
I came here to drink milk and kick ass...and I've just finished my milk.
The only good thing I can say about the gem — it's available at level 4.

Too short distance as for that long cooldown, too high cooldown as for the maximum dash distance, too high dex requirement as for generic 'dodge' skill. The skill require one slot on skill panel and this is too much, it's about one skill slot more than I would give to the skill with such unbalanced stats.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Jun 16, 2019, 7:42:30 PM
- Dex too high for something supposed to help mainly melee
- Why it s not a 2h melee only skill or at least needing a melee weapon? Ranged already had blink and mirror arrow anyway and 1h got the hook skill
-Cooldown too long

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Jun 17, 2019, 5:10:57 AM
Can we PLEASE get Dash to work with Cast While Channeling?

Frostblink works with CWC
Flame Dash works with CWC
Lightning Warp works with CWC
Bodyswap works with CWC

Can we PLEASE get Dash to work with CWC

If I could fire off a Scorching Ray or other channeling skill while being able to Dash backward it would add a whole new element to the game.

I currently have Frost Wall attached to Scorching Ray + Cast While Channeling and if I could target directly in front of me, lay down a Frost Wall, and Dash backwards, all while firing a Scorching Ray at a mob that would be amazing!

Please do it! Add in support for Dash and CWC!
Corpsemancer Supreme
Last edited by Kastion2000 on Jun 20, 2019, 4:15:22 PM
So playing with this for a bit. It really is too short of a distance - needs a good 20-30% more distance at max. Could also use 2 charges ala flame dash but that might be asking too much.
I've been playing a claw and shield wielding juggernaut, and was hoping that dash would be a viable green gem movement alternative to leap slam, since whirling blades is unable to climb ledges and cross gaps.

So far i've found the travel distance enough to climb ledges but only if you are standing as close as possible to them.

Dash is also currently completely hopeless for jumping gaps, unless it gets more max travel distance

The long cooldown and lack of charges (like flame dash) also makes trying to retry and reposition after a failed dash into a wall or attempt to pass a ledge pretty annoying.

What is nice about it is that i do not feel the need to link any support gems to it for it to reach its working state
So I tried to make it work, but this gem has two problems that I couldn't overcome:

-Distance is too short. In theory it can get across gaps, but this almost never works leaving you with ~1.4sec cooldown on the wrong side of the gap.
-Cooldown without any stored charges, after having gone back to Flame Dash I realized just how bad this is. Basically it's no good for assistance in covering distance.

So minimal gap crossing, no real distance clearing potential. Nice enough for a snap dodge - but real movement skills can do that too.

Basically I'd take a rank 1 Flame Dash over a rank 20 Dash in almost any situation, and and you'll notice my champion Nazian is doing exactly that (well it's not a level 1 flame dash, but the current setup still felt better even at level 1!) the "need" to link it to a faster casting gem is trivial compared to the general awkwardness of Dash, and you can't fix dash with an extra link or two.

I do still like the concept of a gem that doesn't 'need' any supports to function, but it does need to actually function for that concept to take off. Needs to have 2 charges and more range IMO.
Can we get Dash to work with Cast When Damage Taken?

Flame Dash, Lightning Warp, Frostblink and more travel skills are all supported but Dash is not. I'd love to be able to toggle the setting on the skill and Dash BACKWARDS after CWDT triggered. Please add this functionality in!
Corpsemancer Supreme
I really like the overall feel of dash as a movement skill. I've mostly always played casters, and it's usually a skill I drop for Flame Dash ASAP but playing a melee based character now and decided to sick with it up till Phase Run. But still using it at lvl 62.

I think it needs a little work for it to be more "competitive" compared to other skills.

1. It needs its maximum distance extended further. You use these skills for mobility and so many times I find I can't dash across a gap I could have if I Flame Dashed or Leap Slammed etc. Given this skill has a rather large cool down initially and even in the end seems pretty slow compared to the other two aforementioned, its no where near as mobile.

Suggestion: As a compromise have it's distance extend as you level the gem?

2. It needs it's own utility mechanic. You can't deal any damage with it so you can't add support skills like fortify, which for melee is basically a must these days.

Suggestion: It could have the ability to NOT break Phase Run. You could enter Phase Run and still traverse areas that you couldn't before without a travel Skill that would have cancelled or prematurely set off Phase Run's Melee Physical Buff.

But for now, I'm thinking I'm going to have to switch to Leap Slam. It's such and ugly and goofy looking Skill an not the feel I want compared to Dash, but the lack of utility in Dash is just becoming more apparent.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info