[3.7] Reave/Bflurry Claw Berserker | Budget Friendly | Instant Leech | Uber Elder Vid Up!

"
an1drag0n wrote:
"
st4levar wrote:
please, can you please tell me what's actually wrong with my version of build?
pob login - st4levar
it's nearly my first league and i tried my best but something went wrong...

I'm guessing your issue is survivability? Your items look good, but the skill tree could use some work. I've updated much of the guide as the league went on, including the skill tree, but I see you're still using the old one. Main changes to make: take out silent steps nodes & heartseeker crit multi nodes, put those points into the scion life wheel. Take out Strong Arm, get Phase Acro, finish Blood Siphon and get Assassination next.

Also, if you're in red maps, try swapping Reave for Blade flurry. I find Blade Flurry is a much easier skill to use, especially against tough legion rares & of course hard bosses. If you swap in Blade Flurry, swap out Multistrike for Rage.

For flasks, try to get a Lion's Roar asap.

Also, I see you haven't completed Uber lab. Do this ASAP. The easiest way to go about getting lab trials is to go into /global 820. People there will shout out if they find a trial, and if you whisper them fast enough you'll get an invite. Then you can go to their hideout and into their map, and do their Uber trial. Often times it'll already be completed and thus much easier to do.

Let me know if this helps!

your tips helped me a lot, today i completed uber lab, changed tree for the new one and now readying to swap to blade flurry
thanks!
"
Cloudchasin wrote:
So I see youve changed from reave over to blade flurry. Is that because youre doing bosses now, or do you like blade flurry more? Also if possible can you add the old pobs with reave and the two item sets as well. also Im using this build in hardcore, any changes you suggest?

I've added back that PoB and updated it with the changes I've made to the build throughout the league.

With regards to HC, the tree gets nearly all the available life nodes, but there is more life you could get from the tree to be that much safer. I.e: life nodes at the starting area of duelist, life nodes at the starting area of ranger, revenge of the hunted, are all pretty close to our pathing. However, we don't have too many damage nodes to even sacrifice besides maybe the swift skewering wheel, and we already hit 220% life, more than enough for most builds.

I'd say the main way to make this build more tanky/HC would be to rush life nodes ASAP, play a bit more slow, use Blade Flurry (reave feels bad to play slowly, and can cause deaths especially if you disconnect/port out for whatever reason) -- blade flurry is also more instant leach friendly, with its base attack speed being higher. Other than that, itemize for life and capping res over damage at all times, roll your flasks well (don't use a silver flask), and I'm sure there's uniques that can enhance survivability that I'm not considering.

We also can get a decent amount of armour from the tree, so you could go for the mitigation route over evasion and skip acrobatics, maybe grab cloth & chain/steadfast/adamant, use all armour bases, etc.

Good luck!
Last edited by an1drag0n on Jun 19, 2019, 3:44:01 PM
"
an1drag0n wrote:
"
Cloudchasin wrote:
So I see youve changed from reave over to blade flurry. Is that because youre doing bosses now, or do you like blade flurry more? Also if possible can you add the old pobs with reave and the two item sets as well. also Im using this build in hardcore, any changes you suggest?

I've added back that PoB and updated it with the changes I've made to the build throughout the league.

With regards to HC, the tree gets nearly all the available life nodes, but there is more life you could get from the tree to be that much safer. I.e: life nodes at the starting area of duelist, life nodes at the starting area of ranger, revenge of the hunted, are all pretty close to our pathing. However, we don't have too many damage nodes to even sacrifice besides maybe the swift skewering wheel, and we already hit 220% life, more than enough for most builds.

I'd say the main way to make this build more tanky/HC would be to rush life nodes ASAP, play a bit more slow, use Blade Flurry (reave feels bad to play slowly, and can cause deaths especially if you disconnect/port out for whatever reason) -- blade flurry is also more instant leach friendly, with its base attack speed being higher. Other than that, itemize for life and capping res over damage at all times, roll your flasks well (don't use a silver flask), and I'm sure there's uniques that can enhance survivability that I'm not considering.

We also can get a decent amount of armour from the tree, so you could go for the mitigation route over evasion and skip acrobatics, maybe grab cloth & chain/steadfast/adamant, use all armour bases, etc.

Good luck!

Awesome Thank you. Yea I started using blade flurry Im liking it alot more especially with the added aoe we get from pulverize. only thing is with so many damn support gem, its so hard to choose one lol. Yea I dont play to often so Im going slow. Maybe armor stacking will be good
Hey, just wanted to thank you for the guide.
I just finished my first shaper ever (played casually since 2013, never "really" tried to clear him though).
Below is my current gear, POB says i should be at 1.8m shaper dps.
Not sure if I will clear uber elder with this build, I loved cyclone in betrayal and it's not as expensive as i'd thought it'd be tbh.
BTW: for funzies, change blade flurry with cyclone. cleared T12 easily, was ofc not as good as blade flurry with this setup :D

edit: besides the bloodseeker and the tombfists, my gear is completly ssf, as needed rings and stuff really fly by casually

Spoiler

Last edited by Nyahpwns on Jun 20, 2019, 2:10:05 PM
Hey, enjoying the build atm, so, 1 question, The new "lethal pride" jewell its usefull in this build?... I don´t really understand the text in the jewell... Thanks...
"
Nyahpwns wrote:
Hey, just wanted to thank you for the guide.
I just finished my first shaper ever (played casually since 2013, never "really" tried to clear him though).
Below is my current gear, POB says i should be at 1.8m shaper dps.
Not sure if I will clear uber elder with this build, I loved cyclone in betrayal and it's not as expensive as i'd thought it'd be tbh.
BTW: for funzies, change blade flurry with cyclone. cleared T12 easily, was ofc not as good as blade flurry with this setup :D

edit: besides the bloodseeker and the tombfists, my gear is completly ssf, as needed rings and stuff really fly by casually

Spoiler

That's awesome, glad to see you're enjoying the build! Nice self found rares :) I recommend giving Uber Elder a shot, slap on Kaom's Roots & maybe a sapphire flask and he's EZPZ! Instant Leech is just great for long fights like that; just stay on the move and you should be good. I was able to tank a shaper ball & the majority of elder's attacks w/ 7.1k life.

"
Vyr75 wrote:
Hey, enjoying the build atm, so, 1 question, The new "lethal pride" jewell its usefull in this build?... I don´t really understand the text in the jewell... Thanks...

Lethal pride could be good sure, but it's one of those timeless jewels that have thousands of different seeds and thus different effects on each node depending on where you place it. I haven't really experimented with the jewels to be honest, so I'm not sure if they're worth using over a regular rare jewel w/ life and damage. Let me know if you find a good one! From what I've seen a good potential spot for those jewels is the socket just below Duelist.
Quick Question, Why Blitz over Rite of Ruin?
Hey dude, just wanted to say thanks for the build. On a very modest budget I've completed up to t15 using only reave and it's been pretty smooth, however I have no tried any guardians yet because single target while decent just doesn't feel like it's going to get the job done. Do you use blade flurry for mapping at all currently or is your character primarily for bosses now? I'm using a corrupted chest with 5r1g using the setup you laid out for reave and I'm wondering if I just swap multistrike and ruthless with rage and maim would suffice for bossing or should I swap to something like you've got going on right now? Any help is much appreciated, thanks dude!
"
tmntnut wrote:
Hey dude, just wanted to say thanks for the build. On a very modest budget I've completed up to t15 using only reave and it's been pretty smooth, however I have no tried any guardians yet because single target while decent just doesn't feel like it's going to get the job done. Do you use blade flurry for mapping at all currently or is your character primarily for bosses now? I'm using a corrupted chest with 5r1g using the setup you laid out for reave and I'm wondering if I just swap multistrike and ruthless with rage and maim would suffice for bossing or should I swap to something like you've got going on right now? Any help is much appreciated, thanks dude!

Yep that would work just fine, Blade Flurry will make a big difference for bossing/guardians. I also use Blade Flurry for mapping as it doesn't feel much worse with regards to clear speed, and it definitely feels safer. For links, with 1g5r, I would run: Bf->melee phys->rage->pulv->brutality->maim

When you can I'd recommend upgrading to a maim chest, similar to the one in the gear section, and replace maim with impale. You'll notice a pretty big difference in single target.

"
Doom0986 wrote:
Quick Question, Why Blitz over Rite of Ruin?

My main reasoning was that it was more likely you'd have max blitz charges on a boss versus max rage at all times, berserk would feel less punishing to use, and not having the degen is quite nice as a QoL; however, you could absolutely go Rite of Ruin and push out more top end dps. Not quite sure which is the better choice, honestly; up to you. Both are really good!
Awesome, thanks a ton dude, haven't played blade flurry in a bit so I'm excited to make the switch after I can get a maim chest. Appreciate the quick response and helpful tips!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info