Cyclone

It's called Lightning Thorns. Hit them with a Melee Attack and you take Lightning damage. Kill the Arc Mages with single-target skills or a Spell, wait for the lightning buff to wear off and commence murder.
easy to say but when im alone and in a closed area like sewers it gets retarded because targeting in this game is horrible + desync + tons of mobs = wtf
Шось? (IGN: Owner)
Would it be possible to use cyclone with Facebreaker and a shield? If it would, would it reduce damage? Could use an answer before i try that build out. Thanks!
Last edited by asunafan on Apr 8, 2013, 6:42:45 AM
"
asunafan wrote:
Would it be possible to use cyclone with Facebreaker and a shield? If it would, would it reduce damage? Could use an answer before i try that build out. Thanks!

Its an awesome build. I had unarmed cyclone build myself. Its very gear dependant build but you can reach 7k dps with right setup.
ign: Xeplion
Cyclone is pretty fantastic even if you don't go elemental mods on it. I haven't had the time to look at what you people are building but something must've gone wrong or I was just lucky with drops. My paper DPS on cyclone is nearly 2.6K at level 75. I built my Cyclone duelist almost purely on physical damage because I wanted to use lifesteal with it.

Key nodes in my passive skill tree:
Vaal Pact, Resolute Technique, Iron Reflexes

The goal was to cast Cyclone with Blood Magic gem and lifesteal enough to outdo the outrageous 145 Blood Cost. I was able to do that past level 55 I think. At later levels, the Blood cost is negligible. At the moment, I lifesteal roughly triple the amount needed with Cyclone and lifesteal around 600 per hit instantly with Dual Strike. I can dive into a gajillion strong mobs and stay at full health. If the mobs are tough, I just use my flasks / warlord's mark.

Since this build has no regen cause of Vaal's Pact, I'm using Devouring totem to heal me up when there are no living enemies around. Most of the health I lose is due to desyncs where I'm spinning at thin air, losing life and not lifestealing any back.

It took me a while to acquire my gear; weapons took the longest (crafted one) and my rings/ammy are still pretty bad defensive stats wise. Essentially my first priority was to grab lifesteal in every spot possible. Carnage Heart is no good because I don't want to lose 25% of my Life.

Equipment - Currently at 18% lifesteal from gear, 2% from tree and an additional 7% from warlord's mark if I need it. With my auras up, I only have 99 mana and my dual strike doesn't use blood magic but the mana leech from the belt is 4.5 times the mana cost so I never run out.

Spoiler

Build - Haven't taken any dual wield masteries yet because I'm not sure if I'll want to use a shield in the future in super high level maps.

My goal is to hopefully trade for/find exalted orbs and use one on the claw with Low attack speed or craft a new one. Find rings/ammy or craft. get 6L armor. Grab the 18% 1h damage from mara tree, grab some more life and contemplate on taking dual wield masteries.
Last edited by vvolf on Apr 9, 2013, 8:23:10 AM
those claws are crazy :)
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
I find the range very very small, even after taking 3 x 4% area nodes + blast radius node at the witch area

Im dual wielding claws and i spin right past mobs without hitting them alot of the time while the swirly animation is passing through them to some degree

I am going to try and save for a carcass jack because it looks like it would synergize well with cyclone but if the benefit is so damn small whats the point

Also the constantly getting stuck because of a tiny corner or object which you would normally run around with any other attack is so god damn frustrating and is the reason for my death 95% of the time

otherwise its a great skill but these things just kill it
Last edited by DutchRudder on Apr 10, 2013, 2:41:05 AM
I'm gonna be using this baby for my end-game cycloner.

Bask in its glory!
[Hardcore league]
IGN: Jeria / Metalgrid
"
jerg wrote:
I'm gonna be using this baby for my end-game cycloner.

Bask in its glory!

Ye gods that makes my upgrade for next level cry a sad song....

My upgrade for tonight when I hit 58, school has slowed down my making map levels. College always comes first.

Alexis
*smiles*
I don't see many people going dual wield cyclone, why not?

I tried it with my set up again, although slightly different than I had before, and it seems to work decently, if I had a little more control it would be better, but the dps seems solid. Clear speed is still a little slow because of small aoe. I might attempt to get a quality cyclone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info