Cyclone

"
Does the fact that I can't be stunned react in any way with block?
You never enter block recovery.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
my build is level 64, 3k hp, 80% resists, 9kish armor, and overall cyclone has been great for me (after i got the duelist node and suitable attack speed), however i do not see how the hell you're supposed to overcome lightning thorns, with 10% life leech and 4% hp regen, i cant mitigate the damage that comes back to me, a topaz flask barely even helps, im forced to pick off the mages one by one and wait for the thorns to run out before i can use cyclone. has anyone managed to find a way to overcome (or atleast sustain) thorns dmg return with their cyclone build?

Edit with more info: i'm using blood rage and warlord's mark, for sustainability throughout my cyclones, running determination haste and hatred usually (no need for purity as it only gives me 2% max resist atm),
4 endurance charges and 5 frenzy
Last edited by DreamLAB on Apr 4, 2013, 9:01:48 PM
"
DreamLAB wrote:
my build is level 64, 3k hp, 80% resists, 9kish armor, and overall cyclone has been great for me (after i got the duelist node and suitable attack speed), however i do not see how the hell you're supposed to overcome lightning thorns, with 10% life leech and 4% hp regen, i cant mitigate the damage that comes back to me, a topaz flask barely even helps, im forced to pick off the mages one by one and wait for the thorns to run out before i can use cyclone. has anyone managed to find a way to overcome (or atleast sustain) thorns dmg return with their cyclone build?

+1
Witch : HaleJesus LVL 82 Arc Summoner
SpectreGuide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/292391/page/1
pls forgive my gibberish space orc english - its not my native language
yeah, lightning thorn is a weakness of Cyclone. There are lots of complaints in the beta feedback forum, don't know yet if GGG will do something about it.
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
"
DreamLAB wrote:

Edit with more info: i'm using blood rage and warlord's mark, for sustainability throughout my cyclones, running determination haste and hatred usually (no need for purity as it only gives me 2% max resist atm),
4 endurance charges and 5 frenzy

Lost my first cyclone character to lightning thorns, that skill is a cyclone killer :/

Anyone knows if it can it be blocked or evaded? As for now I switch to other attacks to kill mobs with lightning thorns.
My guides
HC melee ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/507976
HC RF scion: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/666667
HC RF marauder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/842382
RF resource guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/832331
Having posted earlier in the thread on my dual claw shadow who is now 68, and having felt underwhelmed I decided to make a Templar that was dedicated to Cyclone. The difference is staggering.

Build
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjJ_fPAXvfIM4FE0Es6IAMokCcXflV-LsODrYKU8aOC3S5CKnhBpskFWdrsAapwhZ849GuJOsqtDQDH0n7XKpm6HPZf3PEH_z3RkufNlnvVXGxp7ZYdSP7m8Wb1cNud3SIZHO8i_vDp7Nu-3nUqcwdudUSRQgFHFfP1BHDjz2SDpSjM_fv4ZgUFBWBFhjYVI9_MbYn8tgiHy4VakotZe0706sukCgMgmi6gUtIWAS4cRYYEt08SfVeu8Y2565dO1br0OchO_dDQ6tm4P8xSmlU99W-megWNtqh91Gh3aE2WOn_E5KfWVNR36rxQ==

Based off of an elemental Templar the build heavily leans on Regen as a passive form of Health buffer. My Cyclone is linked thusly in a 5L chest atm (this build is level 50 made him about a half week ago)

5L_Cyclone

My 6th link will be either Increased AoE if needed or something to further boost the damage. At level 50 built specifically for it, my tooltip reads 1300 DPS. By comparison my level 69 Shadow's Cyclone tooltips at 434 DPS. An 866 damage per second difference once it was built for instead of hodged into an existing build.

For Cyclone I would suggest a VERY fast weapon and VERY slow movespeed. I have 0 move speed bonuses, and use a foil for its speed. Will add a Lioneye's Remorse shield for less move speed once I am able and leveled for it.

Current_Foil

You want fast attacks and slow movement.

Now; all the above being said.

I am damned near immortal unless I find a pack with an odd sort of stats meant to wreck me. One cyclone to full health, and cyclone can be maintained indefinitely atm.

The skill has merit. And it causes desync. Use Flicker Strike as a "Re-Sync" skill. Works every time, and once the new supports hit I will Splash and Multihit Flicker, and Multihit my Infernal Blow (high dps single target attack for mobs resistant to lightning).

So far I see this character doing better in maps than my Shadow does currently. That total goal of 6.2% life regen per second is beastly when combined with widespread use of LGoH in links (both my LS and Cyc are LGoH'd).

Current_Tree_No_Unwavering_Til_IR
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbDjwOrRQgFE0UcRjbGS4aOCFgJ-0otTIJMok6UjwFQKBDnFBHUFBUSVYEVw1X4lhjWfNfP2CIYVJyqXTxdud35XzZgziGYIuMjM-QVZ7Nn9-iAKcwp4SsqrndwBrG2NIh1I_ZYd-_51LsOO8O707vfPZI

Alexis
*smiles*

Last edited by Merlinus_Celidonus on Apr 5, 2013, 9:36:48 AM
434 dps at level 68? yeah that's underwhelming...
I have 700 dps at level 63 with an average sword.

I'm currently leveling a DW shadow aswell, I'll post more info once I reach end-game.
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
Currently cheesing through sub 70 maps as lvl80 HC templar with
. Total tooltip dps shows around 2580 which does kill things are decent speed. Gonna upgrade weapon soon and lets see how high it gets after.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
Last edited by Targuil on Apr 5, 2013, 12:05:07 PM
Suggestion to help Cyclone not get "stuck"
======================================================

Cyclone is a great skill, but you can get stuck on the oddest things (like the smallest protrusion in the walls or that odd table in the middle of the room you thought was just part of the background) and stand there taking damage for a few seconds before you realize that it was not desync which stopped you.

Another situation which frequently occurs is when you try to cyclone that single mob. You click and hold cyclone on that mob, and all of a sudden you just STOP. Frustrated, you take two steps back, build up your run, charge into the mob again, and STOP again! What happens is this "hold your click" method works awesomely on mobs which are programmed to move slightly if you get too near them, but completely breaks down if the mob does not. Cyclone is highly frustrating to use on single mobs which just stand there, and doubly so if the mob is standing right at the corner of the room or some tight spot.

Short of making cyclone "smarter" by auto-pathing around obstacles (which is probably a lot of work), would the devs consider *** allowing people to whirl in place ***? Let me consume my life or mana constantly as long as I hold down the cyclone button.

If whirling in place is not possible, how about whirling to-and-fro at the shortest possible distance around the point at which the mouse cursor is currently located? Anything resembling this behavior would greatly improve the gameplay experience of the skill. It "stutters" too much in its current form.

---
A cool trick related to this "click and hold" cyclone. Find one of those tentacled Merveil Daughter type mobs (from Act1 or maps), and try click and hold on it. The mob will stop aggro and just stand there staring at you!~ :D
Toupy - Lv93 Facebreaker Cyclone Duelist
Last edited by Myrthr on Apr 7, 2013, 6:27:58 AM
This skill fking makes me mad i always 1 shot myself at those Blackknight mages when they cast their buffs, i got 1600 dps (mostly phys dmg) and 3300 hp / 10k armour / 75 allrez. Wtf am i doing wrong tell me plz. I invested some currency into this build and it realy makes me sad when i can tank pretty much everything but 1 cyclone on those bithces and im dead.
Шось? (IGN: Owner)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info