Cyclone

Just want to say.

Everyone is complaining about 'not being able to loot'

I have 250MS

I have no trouble with loot, have never missed a drop because i was cycloning. Especially with the latest change. Are you clicking as far away as possible and not just using small bursts only on the actual mob?

Really not hard, i've even cycloned TO the drop just to pick it up in time.

Is it because people are using this with -ve MS? I have said it before, higher MS is better. Just like it was in D2, its not a case of 'dps', but of 'efficiency'. If you can't handle the mana/life cost, get more lifeleech/mana leech, and if you can, then more ms is better.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
cocomoloco wrote:
still no response from GGG?
I responded several pages ago

further updates to the early post: Cyclone's DPS display is wrong. It does not account for the fact cyclone hit's twice per attack duraiton rather than once like a regular skill. Thus it willb e displaying half the actual DPS value. I am not aware of any other issues with DPS display for this skill.

Hah I KNEW it, I knew I was doing a ton more damage than it said. I've still only got 4 links but I swapped out knockback for melee physical damage (not sure if I'll keep it or go back) and use hatred now because someone said it uses your strength as a modifier. My listed DPS for cyclone is now 883, which means 1.76K basically, and it shows. With culling strike this is very nice. Alone I do great, in a group if people stick together I'm fine but I do need to kill fast on account of cyclone's downsides and build reasons. So if we are apart I have to kite a lot which sucks.

Whirling blades is weak as shit, no way does it out DPS cyclone ;P

-Aaron
I find I am far less desync on cyclone than WB. I also find I am far more invincible cycloning through large melee crowds than WB through the same crowd. (melee mobs don't lead their target, pretty much never hit you as you spin past, whereas with WB everytime you stop, it's long enough to get stunned/hit)

that being said cyclone didn't feel powerful to me until I got a very very strong weapon.

using inc aoe/conc effect is NOT the only way you need to skill this gem for it to do dmg and neither is ele build necessary as ele does not leech as hard which makes you less tanky while you spin, unless you put lifeleech gem on skill but you could be doing much more dmg with a diff support. it's just a different way to play it. cost so much more mana than other methods like melee phys+fast attack (I have cyclone+meleephys+meleeonfulllife in a +2 melee gem item. it feels strong for a 3l this way.)

Last edited by waffenheimer on Mar 19, 2013, 2:54:04 AM
I've been using cyclone and like just a few others have said ms + high ias = goodness

I use frenzy/cyc/flicker atm to clear mobs. Enduring cry/ knockback'nflee flame totem/blood frenzy for support. And a fast plethora of auras. Warlords mark as curse altho im tempted to get critical weakness.

Here's a really good 4l set up you can bang on your gloves

60-70 mana a spin

(please note I use hatred/30% increased cold dmg weapon node)

(and -20% skill cost duelist passives)

Cyclone + Increased critical strike chance + Increased Critical strike damage + life leech on hit

I have node/accessories for good mana/life leech with this I have a 15.x% chance of critting for over 330% damage when I'm not even a crit build(just the 2 one hand crit node tree near maurader).

Now with this I've got a fairly cheap spammable spin that heals me up very well(13 a hit with over 6 hits a second per mob hit so 90++++ life on hit per second + normal ll ). It also always slows none immune mobs helping you evade dmg.

But when I do a crit spin.... it's damage is quite ludicrous given the spread too + freeze/ shock charges.

Also remember as GGG stated the tooltip is complete garbage atm as cyclone atks twice as fast as it states. Imagine double strike damage 1/2'd that'll look crappy in the tooltip too.

Also ms granite/res potion + quicksilver + spin = electric yo yo of doom. Often see templars leap around in agony as I gurb off fellshrines/dt.

Btw I sword n'board 1h sword. I'm thinking high damage range may help if your choosing a weapon as 2-3 good spins out of 5-6 > 5-6 moderate spins when it comes to phys damage. Crits are never weak due to the ele damage so you get dice rolls on every spin and the faster/more you spin the more likely one of these nice crit spins rolls out.
@waffenheimer: are you playing a shadow?
I was wondering how good was melee on full life, but since I'm playing a duelist with blood magic (due to the high mana cost), I don't think it's worth it in my case...
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
"
kodr wrote:
@waffenheimer: are you playing a shadow?
I was wondering how good was melee on full life, but since I'm playing a duelist with blood magic (due to the high mana cost), I don't think it's worth it in my case...

i'm probably the worlds only CI claw ranger, lol.

heh, nice :)
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
cocomoloco wrote:
still no response from GGG?
I responded several pages ago

further updates to the early post: Cyclone's DPS display is wrong. It does not account for the fact cyclone hit's twice per attack duraiton rather than once like a regular skill. Thus it willb e displaying half the actual DPS value. I am not aware of any other issues with DPS display for this skill.

Appreciate feedback! I asked as well about a dev response my concern was not at all with dps, listed or otherwise. Doesnt really matter what listed DPS is, to me you judge something by its performance not its text. But what I am curious about is if there is consideration of tweaking the mechanics and hopefully a fix in sight for the massive de-sync issue.
4l/Crafting Store
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/273839
I am getting the feeling this desyncs so bad because either the client or the server has a wrong distance calculation. Either the minimum distance is different or the server cannot properly account for the distance scaling with where you click.

It seems to me that the actual "serverside" cyclone is usually markedly shorter than the cyclone that I see on my screen. Might be selective perception though.
Tried skimming through this threat, but probably missed it...

1. Does crit get rolled at the start of Cyclone, or for each mob hit?
2. Does accuracy get rolled at the start of Cyclone, or for each mob hit?

My build currently only has 5% base crit. But when using Terminus Est I crit more when using heavy strike then when I cyclone a whole pack (due to getting Frenzy Stacks). I expected to crit quite consistently, even with only 5%, while cycloning a big pack with high attack speed.

As said by others, quite often I leap slam into a big pack, start cycloning and then... nothing. I don't hit anything, yet I get hit by everything. It doesn't seem to be desync because I get hit instantly (or maybe it is), or did I just failed my hit roll?

Other then that, this skill suffers horribly due to the damage effectiveness thing. Although I think it is not that unrealistic for physical alone. Lets face it, hard hitting single attack should be more effective then small whirly attacks. I'd rather see elemental scaled with the same damage effectiveness to balance things.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info