Cyclone

"
Dignam wrote:
Any response at all from the Devs?

The devs like to read the content of threads before commenting... Give them time, there is 61 pages.
"
Khazrad wrote:
Low MS simply is a means to raise the mana-efficiency for elemental cyclone builds which have a harder time leeching. Your desync-observations are not correct though. From my experience, high mob movement, especially towards a fast moving target (the cyclone-user) causes desync and MS does not mitigate that, it amplifies it.

From what i've noticed the desyncs actually emerge from attempting to cyclone when the client believes you can and the server disagrees, such as being blocked by small terrain features like pillar stumps which have an absolute position.

The result is you seeing your character moving through the mobs as normal where the server sees you standing still, caught on the edge of something.

A relatively easy work around would just to enable the ability to spin even when blocked, this would activate the secondary effect of you being able to move through npcs and the server/client perspectives being much more similar. Even if you are caught on the edge of something still, you won't simply die and will be able to resync with multiple uses.

I've never felt any other form of character desync in open areas, only the general mob desync which isn't particularly an issue unique to cyclone.

I would also like to see some more melee range increment passives like master of the arena, perhaps smaller nodes, or maybe even item mods. MOTA really makes the skill shine.
"
Fuuljo wrote:

I would also like to see some more melee range increment passives like master of the arena, perhaps smaller nodes, or maybe even item mods. MOTA really makes the skill shine.

Me too, probably one more accessible around the shadow area.
Last edited by Walhart on Mar 18, 2013, 6:59:52 PM
"
cocomoloco wrote:
still no response from GGG?
I responded several pages ago

further updates to the early post: Cyclone's DPS display is wrong. It does not account for the fact cyclone hit's twice per attack duraiton rather than once like a regular skill. Thus it willb e displaying half the actual DPS value. I am not aware of any other issues with DPS display for this skill.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Mar 18, 2013, 8:29:45 PM
Been loving this skill. Not having any desync.
Think the damage could be a little higher and mana a little lower.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
cocomoloco wrote:
still no response from GGG?
I responded several pages ago

further updates to the early post: Cyclone's DPS display is wrong. It does not account for the fact cyclone hit's twice per attack duraiton rather than once like a regular skill. Thus it willb e displaying half the actual DPS value. I am not aware of any other issues with DPS display for this skill.

but i have seen Whirling Blades Out-dps Cyclone for a lot(a really a lot) with the very same support gems and items

and since both are green gems is really frustrating

you should add defense and make cyclone a tank aoe skill instead
After tampering with Cyclone it does work, albeit it does need some major adjustments.

The mana cost is way too high, specially when you need to couple it with certain support gems to make it feasible (AOE increase/concentrated effect)

The damage output @ 35% is too low (keeping in mind that 35%x2 isn't equal damage output to 70%, this is completely misleading in terms of DPS). It almost forces you to go an ELE build to overcome the damage offset (unless you're endgame with rediculous OP gear)

Attack speed and AOE increase seems to be the biggest factors in getting good use of the skill, but even that doesn't give enough risk vs reward compared to groundslam to any ranged build that could be used.

I'm looking forward to some big improvements, as well as some of the bugs/issues that are present such as:

cycloning into any object/wall causes desync
Rhoas/charging units cancelling my visual animation but effect still persists
I must query the difference between using faster attacks + melee physical, and increase aoe + concentrated effect.

I feel like the FA+Mphys is better, as it will give a higher dps increase, though i have not tested the other combo (as my 5l doesn't have blue sockets, too much hassle to rechrome)
I was looking forward to this skill and all i can say it is awful. I tried it on Invalescos CI dagger shadow and the way cyclone works with crit % it is terrible. Leveled non crit duelist to 55 and the skill still sucks compared to cleave or something. Also, the speed your character moves while using the skill makes you want to kill yourself.

E: Cant loot anything in pug since you cant stop it.
My best char so far https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211377
Last edited by topcatti on Mar 18, 2013, 9:42:58 PM
Reduce Mana Cost, Reduce Min. Range, increase Base AoE Range by around 15-20% and link the spell with the command /oos xD

a question for a dev/mod:
is it legal to use a /oos makro? Would really help...
IGN: kReiZy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info