Cyclone

1) at the start, then the whole thing crit
2) I don't know about that

your crit is too low I guess, since it doesn't crit per mob.
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
"
GhettoJesus wrote:
I've been using cyclone and like just a few others have said ms + high ias = goodness

I use frenzy/cyc/flicker atm to clear mobs. Enduring cry/ knockback'nflee flame totem/blood frenzy for support. And a fast plethora of auras. Warlords mark as curse altho im tempted to get critical weakness.

Here's a really good 4l set up you can bang on your gloves

60-70 mana a spin

(please note I use hatred/30% increased cold dmg weapon node)

(and -20% skill cost duelist passives)

Cyclone + Increased critical strike chance + Increased Critical strike damage + life leech on hit

I have node/accessories for good mana/life leech with this I have a 15.x% chance of critting for over 330% damage when I'm not even a crit build(just the 2 one hand crit node tree near maurader).

Now with this I've got a fairly cheap spammable spin that heals me up very well(13 a hit with over 6 hits a second per mob hit so 90++++ life on hit per second + normal ll ). It also always slows none immune mobs helping you evade dmg.

But when I do a crit spin.... it's damage is quite ludicrous given the spread too + freeze/ shock charges.

Also remember as GGG stated the tooltip is complete garbage atm as cyclone atks twice as fast as it states. Imagine double strike damage 1/2'd that'll look crappy in the tooltip too.

Also ms granite/res potion + quicksilver + spin = electric yo yo of doom. Often see templars leap around in agony as I gurb off fellshrines/dt.

Btw I sword n'board 1h sword. I'm thinking high damage range may help if your choosing a weapon as 2-3 good spins out of 5-6 > 5-6 moderate spins when it comes to phys damage. Crits are never weak due to the ele damage so you get dice rolls on every spin and the faster/more you spin the more likely one of these nice crit spins rolls out.

I am very interested in how you maintain shock stacks. As a duelist i already seem to have very weak access to lightning, but I have been wanting to abuse the shocks tack mechanic for some time. I am specifically a crit build I have 25% crit chance and 637% crit damage under the crit curse. The only options I saw open for me were wrath aura and added lightning gem. my int is high enough to get around a total of 150 added lightning damage. At 334 lightning damage a crit if I hit both bases i wonder if that is enough to maintain a decent shock vs level 66+ mobs
Last edited by Exiledtyrant on Mar 19, 2013, 5:54:30 AM
"
kodr wrote:

I understand how the whole 'you crit the entire screen, or don't crit at all' can be massive and fun in a lot of cases (it looks awesome), but for stuff like Cyclone and Terminus Est it just simply blows.

I guess I have to restart a templar or shadow with decent access to crit to make this work. Sad, because both cyclone and Terminus Est are str/dex, so Duelist should be a valid option... with no 2 handed crit passives anywhere near. Yay...
So this ability was made for Claws, Daggers and unarmed to some extent yet it is dex/str skill when Claws and Daggers are int/dex weapons. The new passive in duelist tree also boosts this ability while it's on the opposite side of the tree compared to where int and dex/int classes start.

So what gives? Why is this Duelist/Marauder ability? Both of those classes have plenty aoe attacks including the most powerful available to melee: Cleave.

I honestly don't mind the damage, that can be left for a later date to fix and test more thoroughly but please fix the mechanics itself. My suggestion(s) would be to make the ability fully controllable/or interruptable by moving/issuing another command, making it so it doesn't scale off the Master of the Arena passive but instead giving it slightly larger base aoe that scales of increased area passives + gems and making the skill pure Dexterity or even more preferably dex/int. Duelist and Marauder life builds have plenty of aoe abilities while dex/int is stuck with Lightning Strike and Whirling Blades (and maybe Flicker Strike on Blood Rage builds).

The manacost should also get looked at but that isn't a priority either in my opinion, just make the skill usable first for what it was intended for.
IGN: dedunmamma
"
Ferumbras wrote:
"
kodr wrote:

I understand how the whole 'you crit the entire screen, or don't crit at all' can be massive and fun in a lot of cases (it looks awesome), but for stuff like Cyclone and Terminus Est it just simply blows.

I guess I have to restart a templar or shadow with decent access to crit to make this work. Sad, because both cyclone and Terminus Est are str/dex, so Duelist should be a valid option... with no 2 handed crit passives anywhere near. Yay...

If Terminus Est would give power charges, I would understand, but Frenzy charges?... I use Blood Rage and it works just fine.
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
"
kodr wrote:
If Terminus Est would give power charges, I would understand, but Frenzy charges?... I use Blood Rage and it works just fine.

Sure understandable. But I have so many characters, that I no longer want to build what is optimal, but rather what is fun. Terminal Est exists and is fun to use. Question is, why is only shadow/templar viable for this unique, because Duelist (i'd say str/dex user?) can't get adequate crit chance. And current crit mechanics don't help either...
Its impossible to use it in a public party because by the time you are done spinning your loot is already gone.
Why not just make it a channel just like Incinerate so it stops when you stop holding down the button.
"
Bikalo wrote:
Its impossible to use it in a public party because by the time you are done spinning your loot is already gone.
Why not just make it a channel just like Incinerate so it stops when you stop holding down the button.

Incinerate doesn't channel, it simply fires continuously while keeping your button pressed. PoE currently does not support channeling spells. So it is a 1 click action. Either this action lasts short (Incinerate) or long (cyclone) depends on the skill.
"
Ferumbras wrote:
"
Bikalo wrote:

Incinerate doesn't channel, it simply fires continuously while keeping your button pressed. PoE currently does not support channeling spells. So it is a 1 click action. Either this action lasts short (Incinerate) or long (cyclone) depends on the skill.

You can get almost the same effect as channeling from the current movement code. Just press and hold, and move your mouse around. You walk towards wherever your cursor it. I admit I am an amataeir coder at best, and don't know the intricacies involved, but I can't imagine it would be beyond the realm of possibility to use that behaviour for Cyclone movement, and just have you playing the Cyclone animation while doing it.

As for loot, It's not quite as bad with the longer timer, just pop a Quicksilver or other movement flask to end the attack pretty quick, then go get your loot. Still not ideal I admit, but better than nothing.
"
C4vey wrote:
You can get almost the same effect as channeling from the current movement code. Just press and hold, and move your mouse around. You walk towards wherever your cursor it. I admit I am an amataeir coder at best, and don't know the intricacies involved, but I can't imagine it would be beyond the realm of possibility to use that behaviour for Cyclone movement, and just have you playing the Cyclone animation while doing it.

Yet you have to completely rethink current damage output and mana cost (but surely possible). Right now it costs x amount of mana for the entire animation and thus hits done. If it were a split second (say 1 full circle), it would have to be rebalanced obviously :).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info