Cyclone

i NEED Ghostflame MTX for Cyclone...

it is so colourfull and it does not match the rest of my gear :.(
IGN: Nivius
Ty for scam <3
I am a newish player to PoE and a big spin to win fan in arpgs period, but I have some major complaints about cyclone in this game.

Cyclone being interrupted the second you bump into any terrain is a huge letdown. I understand not wanting someone to stand still while being a whirling dervish, but making the effect stop completely I don't understand. Simply make it so that the caster will continue moving scraping against the terrain in the direction the mouse is held...

While I don't know a ton of info about the game, it seems incredibly hard imo to get decent movement speed running cyclone. This really deters the whirling dervish feeling, making it feel more like skills where you cast while standing still, then quickly move a few steps, then cast again.

The way the targeting works for this skill also pushes me away. Only being able to move in a singular direction without the freedom to immediately change your heading goes back to that feeling mention above of those stutter stepping type skills rather then a channeled movement based skill, which is what a spin to win skill should be in my mind.

I have tried the sweep skill, and to be honest, cyclone and sweep feel more or less the same. Sweep can achieve the same effect via stutter stepping(casting, moving, casting, moving)but with easier control over where you are heading. I hope to see a cyclone rework at some point to be a skill more focused on movement.
Last edited by xalaron on Feb 23, 2016, 5:14:59 AM
"
Argedava wrote:
Cyclone
Movement, Attack, AoE, Melee
Damage enemies around you, then perform a spinning series of attacks as you travel to a target location.

Movement: like a smart toy on low bateries with ant fobia.

Attack: beying such a fiersome attack it causes such emotion that at your first hit the weapon suddenly goes jelly, only later hardens thus the first hit is more like a spank. But it can still crit. And that is to diferentiate it from heavy strike where the weapon is hard.
To further make this right, and not to be more powerfull than cleave i suggest that cyclone would rapidly loose range as it progresses.
To avoid the abuse of concentrated effect with cyclone, when coupled those two, the range should be halfed and also the character size should be halfed.

Graphically it should be buffed. At this moment it looks like he`s spinning with a dozen garlic strings atached randomly. It should look like he`s spinning with one or two christmas trees. Critical strikes should light the tree instalations and discharge should add a giant spinning wedding cake on top of the trees.

What could be more melee than that?

I genuinely feel bad for not noticing this post before. This is gold.
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...
My character 'CursedPenguin' uses Cyclone as it's main skill. I use it to proc the effects of Poachers Mark, Warlords Mark, and activate CoCS Discharge. Currently, using this character is a tightrope act of Panic potions and making sure I stay spinning on enemies. This leads me to my problem with Cyclone's mechanics.

Problem:
When you hit a wall or a small obstacle, you stop spinning. If I don't spin, I don't win. You can say this is a feature of gameplay that stops this skill from being overpowered. I understand that. But when you stop spinning for seemingly no reason at all and you can't tell why because the tiny rock you are spinning into is either hidden by effects or the mass of enemies I am twirling through.

Potential Solutions:
Minor pathing -
Should you hit a wall at say a 45 degree angle or less, you spin along the wall for the distance that you would have should no wall have been there.

You spin in place -
This is something that could easily be abused and does not work with the current wording, but when a party member pushes a boss against a wall with their knockback and you suddenly can't participate in a fight anymore, it's not a feature anymore.
If instead of it just being 'spin to target destination', it also takes not of how long it would take to get there with your movement speed, it would be a simple matter of, should you hit an obstacle, you spin for the remaining duration before it triggers the mana consumption again.

Movement and Mana Change -
I would actually prefer if cyclone was a mana per second consumption and had free movement when using the skill, rather than paying once and it locks me into a path that has recently been vacated of monsters.
Dead Gem, used now as support CoC gem and not as main attack gem, Good job you made.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/5Ena4Uv.jpg[/img]
[post]http://i.imgur.com/5Ena4Uv.jpg[/post]
[attach]http://i.imgur.com/5Ena4Uv.jpg[/attach]
FIX SIGNATURE IMAGING
I'm aware my feedback is not particularity helpful, however i feel the need to add myself to the list of people who are displeased with the way cyclone interacts with walls, and objects. I spent all this time and effort to get this awesome build working only to be seriously let down the first time i started to play with the build. I died the first time this happend to me as i was unaware of this and of course i was getting no life leech and spamming right click to cyclone, but i was too close to the object. I am now aware of this issue, and at first i figured i could just hold shift to stand still, but come to find out that you just end up moving about nearly uncontrollably. Seriously let down, and also confused by this design choice, and from reading this forum it seems like the vast majority agree. So i guess i'm curious as to why you thought that was good design. I hope this gets changed or i will most likely be considering a new build as this seriously annoys me.
current thoughts of the community on cyclone...

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1691265

its fucking shit, you guys completely fucked it up by lowering its aoe and damage. I have 3 cyclone builds, I cant even bare to clear a single map with any of them its so bad, its just nerfed into the ground tbh.

Can we please have cyclones aoe and damage back? Can we just unfuck the skill now and actually make it balanced in a way where its worth playing vs other melee skills? Im at the point where if I want to level a cyclone char Im trying to think of other skills that I can map with because cyclone is literally unable to clear a map in a way that any good, usable skill gem in this game can without it either being cast on crit or some 1 in a million aoe madness build.

There was never any reason to nerf it other than people were playing it because it was FUN and clueless idiots who have never played aproper melee build wewre saying it was op. It was always slow and awful but it was FUN, thats why u nerfed it, because people enjoyed it. So lets fuck it up and stop people enjoying it so that they play other skills...

totally aids dev mentality, well done for fucking up peoples fun and making the skill so shit I cant even bring myself to play my characters.

Please put it back to what it was before you intentionally fucked it up to bully people into stopping playing their characters they enjoy on purpose.

Ps. thanks for putting spectral throw back in the game, I noticed, I love it, absolutely thrilled, I have a spec throw build again and its fine, its not breaking the game its just a usable skill again and it makes me very happy.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Jun 26, 2016, 6:24:16 AM
going to post it again, because it needs underlined. cyclone used to be fun when before the minimum distance, there was a method to playing it, the skill felt tactile and alive, like reving a cars engine, you could build up this mega crunch by short spamming and click spamming. Now its just a monotone

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

fucking drone boring no feel no skill no method attack gem, just hold down the button for this 1 tone thing, its not like reving a grisly car engine now its just a piece of shit that feels awful to play and is completely ineffective at anything other than coc discharge. It was always shit at clearing maps but it had hideous single target damage and was fun hence you didnt mind that it took you 3x as long to clear a map as any viable skill like reave, frost blades, quake etc. Now its boring as fuck, its horrible to play, you massivesly reduced the single target damage, took down its aoe from quality.

I HATE playing it now, it feels terrible, i can clear a map literally 4x as fast with any viable mapping skill, be it melee attacks, bows, spells, this skill could never compete with speed now its even slower and actually feels fucking horrible to play.

Thanks, all the time and effort I put into my characters, my favourite skill in the whole game, you fucked it, can you remind me why you fucked it? This skill that was completely outclassed by any viable spell or bow attack in the game, or even other melees like reave, why did you nerf it and destroy something I loved in this game? There is no reason other than you intentionally wanted to fuck it up JUST BECAUSE WE LIKED IT AND WERE PLAYING IT, that is literally the reason, people like me were enjoying it and you could see this on your stats so you intentionally fucked it up to stop us playing the skill we love, thats actually what you did.

you fucking people, seriously. Well uve got what you want, my favourite skill is now shit and i dont want to play it, are you happy now? Mission accomplished? Yeah, good job, your game is now worse than it was and I have less reason to stick around and play it.

You know what happened when they intentionally fucked up whirlwind in diablo 3? I stopped playing the game and never really went back to it in a serious way. Think about that next time you decide to fuck up a skill for no other reason than me and others like me are enjoying it. If you seriously through cyclone, the slowest clearing skill anyone used in the game was op then you should learn to play this game and stop being such clueless fucking noobs who only have spreadsheet data and the opinions of other noobs on this forum to go on when judging such things. Is it too much to ask for devs who understand the game and dont intentionally want to fuck over players who are funding this game simply because they enjoy something?

I doubt anyone in the balance team read the skill feedback anymore:/

Yea cyclone suck with it s reduced aoe and nerf on first hit. The skill got destroyed and none play it in pvp unless for coc now. Good job on that.

It is a shame a skill like blade vortex, the cyclone for caster is now stronger than cyclone.
Blade vortex don t have the idiotic move speed penalty and it can be used with whirling blade.
You guyz probably won t nerf it too much because it is not a melee skill but goddamit! can you see those two skills together and see there is a balance problem?

why is cyclone so slow with so little aoe for melee who always struggle to kill pack when casters who always have no prob killing whole screen get a cyclone 3.0 without any malus.

Bring back cyclone pre-nerf, actually bring it back at the state it was when no move penalty was on it.

Skill us utter trash now and it is sad melee always get ridicule nerf!

tl/DR:

SKill trash, nerf was too heavy, vortex blade do the job better

Just make cyclone not able to be used with coc and un-nerf it
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Aug 16, 2016, 3:40:41 AM
I'm sorry to say but cyclone always had movement speed penalty :P

PvE nerf wasn't that heavy, none use cyclone because EQ is simply better in any way possible.
PvP damage nerf was a bit too noticeable, compare to 'new' non-adjusted spells or EQ - cyclone damage almost non existent. It still usable but again, EQ is better in any way possible.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Aug 17, 2016, 10:08:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info