Cyclone

Jesus the amount of feedback in this thread. Make Cyclone how Whirlwind works on Diablo 2 and I bet you all the crying will be gone here. @Rory :)
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Doesn't it mostly already work like in D2 with a few small exceptions like no flask (potion) or something? I haven't played D2 in many years so maybe i forgot.

Really rather than a change to cyclone i'd prefer to see a lot of fucking debris removed or made as non blocking objects...

They bother more than just cyclone. A crucial movement skill like whirling blades or shield charge is also stopped by them. Trying to ice crash, lightning strike, earthquake and your will attack the air or your projectile gets stopped by a the stub a rock and you die cuz you didn't leach and left the enemies alive to smack u down.

Also there are lots of complaint about these objects blocking players but few suggested solutions. Some player suggested to somehow go backwards or travel in directions along the object but without a specified distance. I suggested maybe imitating a short duration vaal cyclone (spin in place) if one targets closely out of los via wall/object for some short duration.
Dear GGG,

I came here to suggest cyclone be changed to a channeling skill, as I love the skill, but it has too many draw backs like collision and travel to point clicked.

As I see there has been many similar suggestions, I will attempt to justify my suggestion.

We already have channeling skills, there is no reason for cyclone to NOT be channeling, it fits perfectly with the mechanic.

Players love the skill, but hate the problems that have not been addressed.

**Xbox One will require this to be channeled**
Life will be technically better Soon TM

Justin chats with Jonathan Rogers — one of the producers of Path of Exile — about the game's latest expansion, The Fall of Oriath.

Interview from Gamespot that shows some Xbox play. He mentions that Cyclone on XBox is channeled and feels better than cyclone on PC.

I really hope that they aren't going to fix cyclone on XBox but not on PC. This would leave me very upset.
Please ignore all the comment about making cyclone channeled. Cyclone is unique as it is.

It makes sense on a console but the small gains we would get here are not worth.
"
biyte wrote:
Please ignore all the comment about making cyclone channeled. Cyclone is unique as it is.

It makes sense on a console but the small gains we would get here are not worth.

Worth................. please explain

Also, you say to ignore all other comments unless they agree with you, are you god?

People are free to provide their feedback/suggestions, as you are to say you don't want it to be channeled, but there is no room for Trumpitism here.
Last edited by waskely on Feb 17, 2017, 12:16:06 PM
When i say ignore all other comments it's the same as when others say "change to channel"

sorry if it sounded rude or bad or something, I basically just meant to say "I don't agree with the changes to make it channel" or "Don't change to channel".

My reason is because there are options to how you use cyclone in it's current state. There used to be 'recast' cyclone. It was since nerfed for attack damage with the modifier "first hit deals 50% less damage".

Although I don't play ngahmu's flame, you can clearly see how recasting it repeatedly via scaling movement speed can give you more hits, and if you don't care about the damage of each hit, stuff like on hit trigger effects (for example maybe a classic righteous fire character wants life gain on hit on cyclone for extra survivability) can have option to be scaled better that way.

You can also choose to do longer cyclone ranges if you cannot sustain the mana cost early on. This is especially true if you ever try cyclone right at lvl 28 without blood magic of any sort: even with a mana flask you'll be wanting to cyclone further distances on single target to sustain your mana if you do all damage supports. Often while leveling a 4 link cyclone has a mana cost of 28 while a colossal mana flask only restores only 36 mana second, meaning I can only use cyclone about once every 0.8 seconds if I want my flask to keep attacking and that is with the fairly low mana cost hypothermia support. I often find when I level with cyclone (I played 3 cycloners for some reason this league...) vs izaro that If I use my quicksilver, even with long distance cyclones i run out of mana too fast and there are short moments when I stand still doing nothing while my mana flask catches up.

One of my character right now is using movement speed cyclone to proc kitava's thirst (110+ mana cost per cast on cyclone), and i use weave the arcane to help sustain the insane mana (restore 10% of mana on using a skill) is also an example. Channeled spells are only counted as being used once for the duration they are held down. If cyclone becomes channeled this option would probably feel very different. E

Aside from that, I think channelling something like cyclone has no point. Channeling seems very boring to me, the current spells that use channeling usually have some sort of benefit to channelling and stacking

Incinerate you get stacks as you cast it
Flameblast gets 110% more damage rather than 100% more damage per cast

a lot of the dot related channels have a stacking effect (though blight honestly is just meh, 2 stacks is just twice damage of 1 stack, unless duration refreshes or something idk about), and others have effect such as increasing damage taken or reducing resist.

I think channeling cyclone is just boring and not different from say channeling heavy strike. Imagine a channeled heavy strike. In the end it is just repeating the same attack. For losing the option to cast long distance cyclone, all you gain is maybe slightly smoother gameplay for clicking on only one button. But we have a mouse here on PC so you don't really need to only click 1 button.

Well honestly I am rather disconnected from consoles, but IIRC aren't they pretty much like PC's now? Can't you attatch usb mouse and keyboard and play games like that?
"
biyte wrote:
When i say ignore all other comments it's the same as when others say "change to channel"

sorry if it sounded rude or bad or something, I basically just meant to say "I don't agree with the changes to make it channel" or "Don't change to channel".

My reason is because there are options to how you use cyclone in it's current state. There used to be 'recast' cyclone. It was since nerfed for attack damage with the modifier "first hit deals 50% less damage".

Although I don't play ngahmu's flame, you can clearly see how recasting it repeatedly via scaling movement speed can give you more hits, and if you don't care about the damage of each hit, stuff like on hit trigger effects (for example maybe a classic righteous fire character wants life gain on hit on cyclone for extra survivability) can have option to be scaled better that way.

You can also choose to do longer cyclone ranges if you cannot sustain the mana cost early on. This is especially true if you ever try cyclone right at lvl 28 without blood magic of any sort: even with a mana flask you'll be wanting to cyclone further distances on single target to sustain your mana if you do all damage supports. Often while leveling a 4 link cyclone has a mana cost of 28 while a colossal mana flask only restores only 36 mana second, meaning I can only use cyclone about once every 0.8 seconds if I want my flask to keep attacking and that is with the fairly low mana cost hypothermia support. I often find when I level with cyclone (I played 3 cycloners for some reason this league...) vs izaro that If I use my quicksilver, even with long distance cyclones i run out of mana too fast and there are short moments when I stand still doing nothing while my mana flask catches up.

One of my character right now is using movement speed cyclone to proc kitava's thirst (110+ mana cost per cast on cyclone), and i use weave the arcane to help sustain the insane mana (restore 10% of mana on using a skill) is also an example. Channeled spells are only counted as being used once for the duration they are held down. If cyclone becomes channeled this option would probably feel very different. E

Aside from that, I think channelling something like cyclone has no point. Channeling seems very boring to me, the current spells that use channeling usually have some sort of benefit to channelling and stacking

Incinerate you get stacks as you cast it
Flameblast gets 110% more damage rather than 100% more damage per cast

a lot of the dot related channels have a stacking effect (though blight honestly is just meh, 2 stacks is just twice damage of 1 stack, unless duration refreshes or something idk about), and others have effect such as increasing damage taken or reducing resist.

I think channeling cyclone is just boring and not different from say channeling heavy strike. Imagine a channeled heavy strike. In the end it is just repeating the same attack. For losing the option to cast long distance cyclone, all you gain is maybe slightly smoother gameplay for clicking on only one button. But we have a mouse here on PC so you don't really need to only click 1 button.

Well honestly I am rather disconnected from consoles, but IIRC aren't they pretty much like PC's now? Can't you attatch usb mouse and keyboard and play games like that?

I appreciate you clarifying your concerns, and in my mind, if the skill did receive a rework, your concerns would be addressed. Though, I understand that a Kitava build issue would likely need the whole channeling mechanic to be changed to function the same, but really the player has the power to make it function exactly the same just by pressing the button rather than holding it down.

Collision is the bigger issue for me, and making it channeled is only for enabling more builds
in the last manifesto about aoe-nerfs you guys didnt mention whats gonna happen to cyclone. would be nice if we could get a short statement.
"
sixkay wrote:
in the last manifesto about aoe-nerfs you guys didnt mention whats gonna happen to cyclone. would be nice if we could get a short statement.

yea exacly want post same cyclone got big AOE nerf with last changes
IGN KotsaPL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info