no

"
xbryguyx wrote:
"
UlyUly wrote:
"
xbryguyx wrote:
Is double Strike not a good option? Im leaning double strike duel wielder.

Vaal Double Strike is another good skill that I will mention in my guide, tthe only problem I have with it is that it requires Gem swapping to take on bosses :)

Just ancestral call right? I dont find that to be a problem at least for me. I just hope it clears ok. I dont need world class clear speed but i want to boss heavily.

I think double strike (even after small innate splash changes) needs melee splash and ancestral call, and thats 2 gems that you will have to swap (its still worth it because the damage is just obscene though).

"
blood magic and mortal conviction worth not having steel soul?

Saldy, mortal conviction will block our auras - and we use 3 non-banner auras.
Last edited by UlyUly on Jun 6, 2019, 10:13:12 AM
"
UlyUly wrote:

Thanks for really thorough feedback!

- Pain Reaver and Vaal Pact are here to increase the cap for our Leech. By default, it's 20% of our life per second. Pain Reaver gives us 50% increased maximum total recovery from leech, raising our leech cap to 30%. We also use Vaal Pact to further increase this cap to 60% of our life per second (vaal pact doubles the maximum total recovery stat)

- Accuracy in this build is currently just an estimate of what accuracy we will need in 3.7. GGG specifically mentioned nerfing monster evasion to make good accuracy easier to get. Once PoB is updated I'll change the tree if needed (while keeping in mind your advice.)

Increasing your maximum Leech is not generally a good thing.

If you leech 60% of Life per second, you top yourself really quickly, what cancels your leech, because you're full (except for Slayers of course).

If you top yourself, than get a savage hit, your risk to die is relatively high, because you can't up your leech-stacks fast enough to stay alife.

Balancing your leech around a rate, that gives you a stable income of Life per second is the key, not ust topping your maximum Leech.

So ok, you can certainly go Vaal Pact if you feel that your 20% default is to less, but on the Ascendancy I really would go for more Crit > leech.
Last edited by Arandur on Jun 6, 2019, 10:11:57 AM
Reserved 3.7

Great and detailed guide. Thank you!
"
Theudys wrote:
Reserved 3.7

Thanks!

Preparing Main Skill links for all the skills mentioned in the first part of my guide.

Bladestorm DPS seems completely busted. With my current numbers, and items + tree from my Path of Building, it will have around 7 million single target dps with three bloodstorms active (around 1/3 of a second of attacking, full damage reached after roughly 1/2 a second).
Posted updated gem setups and gem setups for each of the skills mentioned at the start.
"
UlyUly wrote:
"
Theudys wrote:
Reserved 3.7

Thanks!

Preparing Main Skill links for all the skills mentioned in the first part of my guide.

Bladestorm DPS seems completely busted. With my current numbers, and items + tree from my Path of Building, it will have around 7 million single target dps with three bloodstorms active (around 1/3 of a second of attacking, full damage reached after roughly 1/2 a second).

Is this using the generic tree listed? Or are you messing around a bit more with it while looking at BS specifically? I'm interested in BS as a boss killer and it looks pretty promising so far.

Thanks for the write-up!
Last edited by aqrunnr on Jun 6, 2019, 11:55:44 AM
"
aqrunnr wrote:

Is this using the generic tree listed? Or are you messing around a bit more with it while looking at BS specifically? I'm interested in BS as a boss killer and it looks pretty promising so far.

Thanks for the write-up!

Also, what's your recommend order for ascendencies while leveling?

It was using the listed tree at level 93, and with the new supports listed in the Gems section. Debuffs on the enemies are:
- Maim (permanent because of Flesh aura)
- Blind (permanent because 15% chance to Blind)
- Buff from Vaal Ancestral Warchief

And I assumed having maximum rage (without using the Berserk skill)

Getting up to that high of a DPS will need some time. Spawning all the bloodstorms will take roughly 0.306 seconds (with blood rage off). Getting enough impales on enemies will take roughly 0.51 seconds.

I also used these multimodded foils you can see in the pastebin. I currently have a pastebin with these stats, but it's really tough to understand. It has only two gems in the main setup (reave at level 11 and brutality) and a flask which is an effect of my calculations (Blood and Sand, Flesh and Stone auras + Support gems and Impale calculations).

Upon closer inspection and normalising the calculations, single target dps in that situation would be closer to 8.5 million.
Last edited by UlyUly on Jun 6, 2019, 12:01:26 PM
Blitz yes no ?
"
ARES_GOD wrote:
Blitz yes no ?

You could use it if you dropped Avatar of Slaughter and Pain Reaver (you need to spend points into life leech + mana leech near Vitality Void in order to do that).

It makes your attack speed much higher and gives similar damage to Avatar of Slaughter + Pain Reaver, but I decided that survivability from Pain Reaver is more than enough to justify taking it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info