[3.7] Cyclone CwC Blade Vortex CI Trickster

"
WR47H wrote:

5% per enemy hit up to 50% on Cyclone now

this is Slayer node

with 11 weapon range + 100% area of effect means you will have 22 tile aoe radius

full screen is 80 tiles :D

you can see it in PoB in Calcs if you mouse over Radius

Last edited by Sonidox on Jun 2, 2019, 1:27:38 PM
wouldnt this build work better as a berseker with 40% MS and like a ton of attackspeed?

granted, not an ES build but if you go life, i'd imagine you'd get like 6-7k life anyhow. you also gain the more damage multiplier from the tree.

am i wrong? how is trickster the ideal ascendancy here if not going uber ES?
"
fuxxnuts2 wrote:
wouldnt this build work better as a berseker with 40% MS and like a ton of attackspeed?

granted, not an ES build but if you go life, i'd imagine you'd get like 6-7k life anyhow. you also gain the more damage multiplier from the tree.

I mean, you can, but they are totally diferent builds. Yours probably uses cyclone as a main source of damage. This one uses the new cyclone (its a channeling skill in 3.7) to proc blade vortex with cast while channeling.

This build dont need (much) attack speed, cwc procs every 0.35s so we only need about 2.9 attacks per second with cyclone.

This build also uses life while leveling, it might take awhile to change to full es + ci (maybe not if one is lucky with drops).
"
Luscofusco wrote:
"
fuxxnuts2 wrote:

I mean, you can, but they are totally diferent builds. Yours probably uses cyclone as a main source of damage. This one uses the new cyclone (its a channeling skill in 3.7) to proc blade vortex with cast while channeling.

This build dont need (much) attack speed, cwc procs every 0.35s so we only need about 2.9 attacks per second with cyclone.

This build also uses life while leveling, it might take awhile to change to full es + ci (maybe not if one is lucky with drops).

You don't even need any attack speed with Cyclone, because CwC has fixed proc rate, so it doesnt matter what is your original skill doing, but otherwise everything else you said is correct.

Ideally, I would switch to CI right before maps, e.g after all acts, at that point people should be at around 4.5-5K es with meh gear and hopefully Xirgil's Clank.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
So looks like nothing directly affected this build in patch notes, except the ES nerfs. Depends on how big they are I might just switch this build to life because it did not had that much ES in first place (or at least not enough to afford losing 20-30% of it).

EDIT: There is also possibility with going fire conversion chieftain.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Jun 4, 2019, 9:06:54 AM
1x mjolnir with lightning spells
1x cospri malice with cold spells
6L with cast while channeling setup
does this make sense ?
Domine Non Es Dignus
Since you are running cyclone and this may transition itself to life, there is an opening for LoH, don't you think? Ofc, you will have to give up a staff for that, but since WM for spells is gone, it might be a very solid choice.

I even had this crazy idea of stacking ES on hit jewels, but you will need an obscene amount of aspd for that. =/
Last edited by BillyofAstora on Jun 4, 2019, 11:24:22 AM
"
Zinja wrote:
does this make sense ?

nope, cospri need melee crit chance and accuracy to work

and they both need attack speed to make them efficient

+ will be real pain to get attributes for mjolner
"
Sonidox wrote:
"
Zinja wrote:
does this make sense ?

nope, cospri need melee crit chance and accuracy to work

and they both need attack speed to make them efficient

+ will be real pain to get attributes for mjolner

Thank you
Domine Non Es Dignus
We need to see how much energy shield is nerfed, but looks pretty bad.

We can go hybrid (but more focused getting life).

If we go hybrid we can drop discipline, drop mana reserved nodes, go acrobatics + phase acrobatics, maybe use dread banner for extra defense.

The thing of going hybrid is that we need health flask, and I'm not sure what flask to drop.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info