[3.7] Cyclone CwC Blade Vortex CI Trickster

Hey guys,
once again, thanks for the build it is very fun.
That said I have trouble with it. Until now it was very pleasant to play, fast map clear fast boss, everything.
But since I have reached level 81, T8 maps, monster level ~75, I have dps issue. Trash mobs die quickly but big boïs take me several seconds to die. It is really annoying especially for temple incursion, timer goes off because I take too long on big bois.

Could you please look at my gear and advise me on what to focus on, what to invest in? I currently have around 3 ex and play legion.

Thank you guys,
Cheers
Can someone look at my items and tree and explain to my why my ES is so freaking low? I have spent more than I want to admit on my gear.

People have said they have like 11mil DPS with freaking 9-11k ES.. Wtf?

What am I missing? Do I need to drop wrath for a utility aura or something?

My DPS seems fine during maps and boss fights.. I kill things pretty much instantly. Bosses take a few seconds if they don't become invulnerable. I don't really die much because I kill everything almost instantly and pop my evasion flasks, plus I have been sticking with ES leech and CWDT purifying flame + immortal call.

But after all my gearing, my dps seems shitty on paper and my ES is only 5.7k. I want to feel more tanky, rather than a glass cannon that doesn't seem to be good at its job, since other people reporting much higher ES have practically 4 times my DPS (with worse gear?).
Last edited by HwtChirino on Jun 22, 2019, 1:34:20 PM
"
HwtChirino wrote:
Can someone look at my items and tree and explain to my why my ES is so freaking low? I have spent more than I want to admit on my gear.

My DPS seems fine during maps and boss fights.. I kill things pretty much instantly. Bosses take a few seconds if they don't become invulnerable. I don't really die much because I kill everything almost instantly and pop my evasion flasks, plus I have been sticking with ES leech and CWDT purifying flame + immortal call.

The biggest reason that you have low ES is because you aren't running discipline. it is mandatory. i have slightly lower es gear and i'm at about 8.1k es with discipline active. Also you could put an Energy from Within where you have your watcher's eye and focus the es nodes on the tree.

Here's my PoB, do note that i'm doing the shield variant but you can kinda get an idea of what i mean: https://pastebin.com/3Afh7miN
Last edited by Numerouswaffles on Jun 22, 2019, 1:40:44 PM
"
HwtChirino wrote:

But after all my gearing, my dps seems shitty on paper and my ES is only 5.7k. I want to feel more tanky, rather than a glass cannon that doesn't seem to be good at its job, since other people reporting much higher ES have practically 4 times my DPS (with worse gear?).

As the Numerouswaffles said, if you are CI build, you absolutely need to run Discipline.

Also, to your DPS, you are not abusing chaos conversion very much, I guess it works, but, chaos conversion gives you huge DPS with builds like this.

E.g, you are not running Wither at all, you are doing only 1 conversion (just phys->lightning) so you are kind of limited on damage scaling. I guess you are doing a bit of cold as well, but, that is still one way conversion (e.g phys->lightning, and phys->cold). You will be probably better off just changing those gloves to lightning conversion gloves. And maybe running 1 call of the brotherhood, or 2 if you can fit them in, and then cold to fire in your main link, for absolute maximum damage potential (because you will go all the way from phys->lightning->cold->fire).
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Can anyone help me with mine? I seem to do great dps when it comes to trash/aoe and anything except bosses, they seem to take forever.

This is my first time trying this and first post of this sort so if I need to post or add anything please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6Zg26J1M
Last edited by DewDew05 on Jun 22, 2019, 2:15:20 PM
Have around 15-20 ex to spend to try to min max the build. Around 5 mil POB dps right now if I check everything, including chill, shock, etc. Gonna try to fossil craft some gloves first and then maybe look for a better belt and an enchanted eber if those exist. What would you guys look for as BIS rare affixes?
"
IFollowYou wrote:
Have around 15-20 ex to spend to try to min max the build. Around 5 mil POB dps right now if I check everything, including chill, shock, etc. Gonna try to fossil craft some gloves first and then maybe look for a better belt and an enchanted eber if those exist. What would you guys look for as BIS rare affixes?

For min-maxing the build with Disintegrator, look for Shaper/Elder bases. Also, if you are not using Dream Fragments, Pyre can add like 500k-1M DPS just by itself, so if you can get resists elsewhere and switch to Pyre, that will be the biggest DPS upgrade you can do.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Okay, I tried the physical to fire support, but PoB shows far less DPS than ES Leech. So I 6-linked my staff, CwC-Cyclone-BV-Controlled Destruction-ES Leech-Physical to Lightning.

I removed several lightning nodes on my tree and replaced them with spell crit multiplier nodes and reduced mana reserve so that I could run Herald of Ice, Wrath, and Discipline. I took as many ES nodes as I could while taking some dps nodes to offset some of the lost DPS from removing the lightning nodes.

Now, I'm at 7.1k ES and 2.1M DPS, according to PoB. I just don't know how accurate it is. Like, does it take into consideration all the extra dmg from non-chaos dmg conversions, as well as the Trickster node with % chance to proc additional chaos dmg.

My damage seems very strong, but if I run into a difficult boss that can melt me if I continue cycloning near them, I have to phase run/flame dash to evade hits when flasks are down, thereby reducing my BV stacks. The time it takes to get BV back up close to 10 is significant when the bosses are so fast and dangerous.

Also, I switched my Assasin's mark to Wither for my Curse on Hit setup with Herald of Ice.

-----

After tinkering with PoB, I changed Wither's stack from 1 to 15. That bumped my DPS to 4.5 mil while all buffs up and flasks, assuming the enemy is shocked.
Last edited by HwtChirino on Jun 22, 2019, 9:50:10 PM
"

Enjoying this build in legion thanks.

Done Uber elder with this setup.Its hard to get jun upgrades :P
Im not sure but think i spent like 25Ex got gloves and boot cheap.
Last edited by Shot_Down on Jun 23, 2019, 6:01:22 PM
"
Shot_Down wrote:
"

Enjoying this build in legion thanks.

Done Uber elder with this setup.Its hard to get jun upgrades :P
Im not sure but think i spent like 25Ex got gloves and boot cheap.

nice job. did you craft or buy the scepter? I am thinking of crafting a scepter but am a noob and haven't crafted anything ever so if you did craft it could you explain your process? thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info