How We're Approaching the Melee Rebalance in 3.7.0

Now that cyclone is going to be a channeling skill we just need to be able to dual wield 2 handed weapons and we can all relive our d2 ww barb dreams!
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
Felix35071 wrote:
On the topic of hit/miss feedback, I would also love to see feedback for when you receive a critical strike/savage hit. Something simple like a single flash of a bright vignette when you take a crit, and flashing the border around the life globe when you receive a savage hit, would both work well I think without making the UI too noisy.

the only indication you need is if you are dead or not XD

"
magpye wrote:

i have a recurring problem that i thought was something to do with my internet lagging. I click an Ambush chest, then lightning warp away, and then hold down LMB to continue to run in that direction for a bit (frost nova box, for example), only to have the game decide that i want to be running back towards the box. it completely disregards the actual position of the cursor.

Is that similar/the same cause to the problem you're feeling?

the problem is that you held LMB since you clicked on the chest, so even tho you teleported away, you are still "locked" on the chest.
Moar sulphite = thats all i need.
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

I think it's a good idea, actually i think spell > melee builds maybe a re balance is nessessary, for the nerf leech life to 5% why not the same thing for ES leeching?
Did this really have to be called a "manifesto"? I'm all for the changes and will love to try 'em out but maybe hold off on getting our hopes up until you have actual details?
id really like a combo system for melee classes. or physical skills that can be linked to perform a combo move.
The LOW attack speed is clunky?

LOL

While low attack speed looks kinda weird (which is mainly the fault of animation loop than anything else), I think the high attack speed (AND cast speed for that matter) looks downright ABSURD.

After all, you don't even see a person attacking 12+ times a second in chinese xianxia, and characters there are absurdly OP.

I'd much rather see some new support gems that take away speed and trade it for higher damage.

Something like: (don't mind the wording, numbers are tentative and by no means balanced - except Brawn which is totally in line with support gems already in game)

(support gem)
Brawn Support
Caps attack speed at 100%.
Every 1% attack speed beyond 100% grants 1.8% - 2.2% MORE physical damage.
1% increased area of effect radius (of linked attack gem) per quality.

(herald)
Herald of Slaughter
40%-80% increased Global Physical Damage
20%-40% more Bleed Damage
Hitting a bleeding Elite/boss or killing an enemy has a 7-15% to grant Phasing for 4 seconds.
0.5% action speed per point of quality.

(aura)
Might
15-50 Physical Damage to Attack Skills
0-10 weapon range.

(passive)
Might is Right (3 point area, 2 minor 1 major, SW corner of the tree)
- 25/25/50% reduced elemental damage with Attack Skills.
- 20/20/40% increased global physical damage.
"
Chris wrote:

Edit: And Cyclone is now a Channelled skill.

Almost every 3 months when I wanna play Cyclone-something I forget it is NOT a channelled skill, so thank you Chris for finally making it one :)
"
Brawn Support

Lol. I ll take that.

It says "make bleed trickster build until it get nerfed".
To argue with a fool means to sink to his level.
Last edited by NiobMordodrukow on Apr 12, 2019, 1:15:19 PM
"
"
Brawn Support

Lol. I ll take that.

It says "make bleed trickster build until it get nerfed".

I would go even further, when you are beyond 200% mobs are exploding as soon as they will see you, beyond 300% they all explode as soon as you appear on the map.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info