How We're Approaching the Melee Rebalance in 3.7.0

Seems promising. Add new weapons like Wakizashi, flails or a Whip (some mob's use a whip already).
"
Mark___75 wrote:
"
(...)
In my message i m talking about the problem in general. Sid Meier once told: "The good game is about interesting choices". He was goddamn right. And what we choose in PoB? And then in PoE, where actual gameplay is gonna be?
My most important choice this league (at the start) was to stop going killing mobs and begin to making currency in PoE trade, lol. Now i can play the game as i want to.

"The good game is about interesting choices"
This sentence is the exact reason why I like some games and some of them I hate!
This is why I have spend long time with some strategy games and this is a reason why PoE witch all those hundred active skills and massive passives tree looks so fabulous. Reality in PoE is not that fabulous - GGG is trying to force players to play the game GGG thinks is better for them, not to play it in the way players would prefer.

As you can see, my friend, there are a lot of people, who completely satisfied by this game. While i understood, that the game has a big potential, it contains many stupid features, which just make mad smart people.

But... If 90% of players are satisfied and just wanna see new wings, and only 10% want some changes... will GGG change anything? I dont think so. Enjoy what we have, because other way you will just waste time.
To argue with a fool means to sink to his level.
Thanks GGG. I know not much was said, but I for one appreciate the update and the transparency in the direction the team is going on the melee issue.
fix multistrike so you could cancel it even if it didnt finish the 3 attacks.
will make melee feels so much better and less cluncky.

i mean, you made cyclone a channeling skill so you can finally cancel it if you miss-clicked on the edge of the screen :)

also, rework armor.
98% of people just ignore it.
its not intuitive and not worth investing into.

Last edited by HybridBoy on Apr 12, 2019, 11:13:28 AM
"

But... If 90% of players are satisfied and just wanna see new wings, and only 10% want some changes... will GGG change anything? I dont think so. Enjoy what we have, because other way you will just waste time.

Hmmm yeee. The problem is, that it seems that currently GGG can hear only top players - pro-players, streamers etc., sometimes they maybe read this forum and then they may be confident that the game development goes in the right direction, while 80% of players is leaving the game after few weeks of play without any feedback and new players are even not interested to play the game optimised for wigs sale. This is why this game is on the market around 6 years and was never able to significantly increase the market share. We have now 12-20K of players playing, which is level comparable to year 2016/2017.
Last edited by Mark___75 on Apr 12, 2019, 11:10:58 AM
"
Mark___75 wrote:
"

Hmmm yeee. The problem is, that it seems that currently GGG can hear only top players - pro-players, streamers etc., sometimes they maybe read this forum and then they may be confident that the game development goes in the right direction, while 80% of players is leaving the game after few weeks of play without any feedback and new players are even not interested to play the game optimised for wigs sale. This is why this game is on the market around 6 years and was never able to significantly increase the market share. We have now 12-20K of players playing, which is level comparable to year 2016/2017.

Yes, the core players are the ones who advise GGG. They are also the people who understand the game more than the other 90% though. Think how many people use a build guide vs how many people create their own builds. The 10% of upper tier players are the 'aspirational' level that encourages the lower 90% to be like them and learn to play better. It actually works very well if you think about it.
The 80% of players that leave after a few weeks are simply there for the race to the top or the promise of something new. Nothing will change the current statistics because those kinds of people will be pulled away by other games that are also promising something new. I know some of these people. It's like riding a ferris wheel. They play different games at different times, not getting good at any, just enjoying the new features and eventually, the wheel turns back to PoE.
Last edited by Incarcerated on Apr 12, 2019, 11:21:17 AM
duelist players rejoice
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░
"
Incarcerated wrote:

Yes, the core players are the ones who advise GGG. They are also the people who understand the game more than the other 90% though. Think how many people use a build guide vs how many people create their own builds. The 10% of upper tier players are the 'aspirational' level that encourages the lower 90% to be like them and learn to play better. It actually works very well if you think about it.
The 80% of players that leave after a few weeks are simply there for the race to the top or the promise of something new. Nothing will change the current statistics because those kinds of people will be pulled away by other games that are also promising something new. I know some of these people. It's like riding a ferris wheel. They play different games at different times, not getting good at any, just enjoying the new features and eventually, the wheel turns back to PoE.

The problem is that pro-gamers see the game they are playing as a source of money and their play is not different from everyday work in the office, factory, on site, etc. Gaming is only more comfortable kind of work. Therefore expectations of professional players are different than expectations of people which starts to play a game for a pleasure, as thy can spend time in such a way 1-2 maybe 4 hours per day, typically not even every day.
This game has problems with attracting new players and with player retention, because there is not real endgame play. Ok, you can do red maps, kill Shaper, kill uber-Elder, but after few times this will not give a taste of a new experience or a surprise. This is also not true that this game cannot deliver something interesting for long time - look at the statistics - Delve was able to keep 100% of a players population for the entire month. Current league has lost 75% of players after 3 weeks.
Last edited by Mark___75 on Apr 12, 2019, 11:38:16 AM
"
Mark___75 wrote:
"
Incarcerated wrote:

The problem is that pro-gamers see the game they are playing as a source of money and their play is not different from everyday work in the office, factory, on site, etc. Gaming is only more comfortable kind of work. Therefore expectations of professional players are different than expectations of people which starts to play a game for a pleasure, as thy can spend time in such a way 1-2 maybe 4 hours per day, typically not even every day.
This game has problems with attracting new players and with player retention, because there is not real endgame play. Ok, you can do red maps, kill Shaper, kill uber-Elder, but after few times this will not give a taste of a new experience or a surprise. This is also not true that this game cannot deliver something interesting for long time - look at the statistics - Delve was able to keep 100% of a players population for the entire month. Current league has lost 75% of players after 3 weeks.

Y r goddamn right! I also mentioned that GGG think that average player must play 15 hours per day. Lolwut? Look at their challenge: complete 75000 total item quantity on the maps. 5 weeks passed, i did like 12k. I agree that i m not playing optimal, but even if i do, i cant get 75k with my 4-5 hours a day. Nonsense...

Legacy was very good league. Harbinger was good league (was my second one, and i got 33 chalenges and killed Shaper by selfcrafted build). What we have now? The attemt to force players to play longer by increasing the hardness. But it will not work, come on, GGG, open your eyes!

Also dat shitty optimisation. If you dont have an SSD, you will want to hammer a long nail into developer's head sometimes. Really! I wish their cars will run the same way as the game without SSD does.
To argue with a fool means to sink to his level.
Would love a combat log to show what hits me the most or damage I am doing. And a dummy that re-spawns itself in my hideout that I can whack away at to test setups. K thx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info