[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

"
2MASxD wrote:
Awesome guide, really fun and strong build + you're a cool guy! :)

I've pretty much done everything with this build by now. Currently working on the Explosion dagger to speed up the map clearing speed(not needed).

I just Fought Cortex and decided it's about time I thank you for sharing this build.

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/fWx1Vrsu

Here are some vidoes(youtube):
Shaper
Uber Elder
Cortex

You're very welcome! :D

I haven't found anything this build can't do, it's one of the best aspects of it.

On a side note: I will probably miss the first day or two of the Flashback Event. :(
He mentions in the guide he is immune to reflect , how? I though the initial hit would still result in a Dirt Nap, at least it did on my Occultist when I tried it last league.
"
shahmat1972 wrote:
He mentions in the guide he is immune to reflect , how? I though the initial hit would still result in a Dirt Nap, at least it did on my Occultist when I tried it last league.

"Immune" might be an overstatement. But,

Ash, Frost, and Storm Passive gives 20% Reduced Reflected Damage taken

Soul of Yugul gives 25%

These together is enough to run reflect maps without much issue.

Also because we use Mark of the Shaper it's really easy to swap it out for

I don't do reflect maps often, but they're not hard either.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
shahmat1972 wrote:

"Immune" might be an overstatement. But,

Ash, Frost, and Storm Passive gives 20% Reduced Reflected Damage taken

Soul of Yugul gives 25%

These together is enough to run reflect maps without much issue.

Also because we use Mark of the Shaper it's really easy to swap it out for

I don't do reflect maps often, but they're not hard either.

If you're not using the pantheon for it and not using the ring and you smash the middle of a big pack with good gear you die.

Use a little caution is all that's needed if you don't know the map mods. with the tree node, pantheon and ring it's not an issue at all and you don't feel the loss of damage from dropping mark of the shaper either really.

Edit:
Ele reflect without the ring is completely doable. I slow down just a little bit to avoid smashing too big of a pack at once to be safe but you can always use the Sibyl's ring for maximum comfort. My damage is only a little less than the OP.
https://youtu.be/ukoB6ClfIzk
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." - William James
"People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by xHavoCx on May 9, 2019, 7:09:46 PM
Leveling Tree

I have listed out a basic tree progression in this PoB. The tree is fairly straight forward and more or less easy to follow.
https://pastebin.com/VwVYLj9M

Added the above to the Passive Skill Tree Section. Hopefully this helps those who want to use this for Flashback!

Level as Hybrid->Go CI when you have 5-6k ES and Merc Lab Completed.
This build work great as a League starter. I bought some gear 1-2c per item and went into maping then I bought 'The Vertex' Helmet and 'Sin Trek' boots for red maps. I've killed Shaper and all the Guardians without any problem, even memory bosses with a 5link. total budget is around 100c.

Last edited by 2MASxD on May 17, 2019, 12:35:36 PM
Hello, for the next league, occ is better for LS? or this build can be used? and between this version and occ, whats is more tank? i want a build with a good clear speed and a huge survivability.
"
SquireShiedon wrote:
Hello, for the next league, occ is better for LS? or this build can be used? and between this version and occ, whats is more tank? i want a build with a good clear speed and a huge survivability.

Trickster will lend itself to hybrid Life+ES for a little longer, but otherwise I think it is superior even as a league start.

Trickster has more layers of defenses which makes him tankier overall--even if he has less overall ES. The extra Attack and Cast speed from Ascendancy make him *much* faster for clearing as well. If you want an exhaustive comparison, I have a section in the guide: "Trickster VS Occultist"
Just wanted to say thanks for the thread and all of the tips! Still going strong.. easily the best, tankiest and most fun build I've ever played.

Working on getting that mirror for the craft service :)
Last edited by Surfinn on May 25, 2019, 4:15:36 PM
hey buddy. i do not use pob and i might start with trickster to 3.7. could you link another levelling tree. if not thats fine too i am going on my own but seeing your version might help.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info