[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

Thanks for the guide! I am considering this as a league start for 3.7

Figuring no levelling gear, how would you bring Trickster up? I just tried OCC Vortex in SSF and found levelling slow. Considering something like Storm brand, frost blades, or Winter Orb... BUT just for the levelling aspect.

Any insight is appreciated.
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
hey buddy. i do not use pob and i might start with trickster to 3.7. could you link another levelling tree. if not thats fine too i am going on my own but seeing your version might help.

I can post some links to what I've got. I'll do that soon after i make some tweaks. That said, leveling this build is pretty straightforward.

EDIT: Listed the trees below. I went up through converting to CI somewhere in the low to mid 70's. Hybrid works a bit better for Trickster until you've got 4k-ish ES. Whatever you're comfortable with really.

Ascendancy should go:

Ghost Dance -> Escape Artist -> Patient Reaper

Last edited by Gryphenprey on May 28, 2019, 12:13:44 PM
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
hey buddy. i do not use pob and i might start with trickster to 3.7. could you link another levelling tree. if not thats fine too i am going on my own but seeing your version might help.

I can post some links to what I've got. I'll do that soon after i make some tweaks. That said, leveling this build is pretty straightforward.

EDIT: Listed the trees below. I went up through converting to CI somewhere in the low to mid 70's. Hybrid works a bit better for Trickster until you've got 4k-ish ES. Whatever you're comfortable with really.

Ascendancy should go:

Ghost Dance -> Escape Artist -> Patient Reaper

ty bud
its the fastest levelling character i ve had.
20 hours in played and i am forcing lvl 89
my items in event and i ll probably start with these in next league;
Spoiler
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
Uber lab question...

Why prolonged over weave the arcane? Seems like weave is huge quality of life - mana pool, attack and castspeeds, movement 0 mama... Etc.

Prolonged pain is 20% duration and DOT... but some of that is also offset by improved cast speed, right?
"
Aldenier wrote:
Uber lab question...

Why prolonged over weave the arcane? Seems like weave is huge quality of life - mana pool, attack and castspeeds, movement 0 mama... Etc.

Prolonged pain is 20% duration and DOT... but some of that is also offset by improved cast speed, right?

Weave the Arcane really doesn't DO much. Not for us at least. Cast speed deosn't increase our DPS at all and movement skill mana costs are irrelevant. We also gain mana on kill and by the very nature of DoT skills we don't need a ton of regen for bossing so the mana recovery from weave is not very helpful.

Prolonged Pain is 20% More damage. That's the primary reason for it. Duration is especially nice for Vaal Cold Snap allowing it to deal damage longer.

Basically, you *could* take Weave if you really wanted the extra speed and/or 6% damage reduction, but I find just doing more damage to be more effective overall.

Also I went full MF on this character in the Flashback league. Sitting at 7k ES and 67% quantity right now. Still easily crushing content with good speed.

Flashback Gear
Hello,

Is there a huge difference in skill tree?
Those new nodes close to Witch (+10 ES) are kinda useless (that's what I heard)
Will you create a new skill tree?

Not sure if there's a better way to locate those 3 skill points
Probably damage is even better than that +20 ES, and +6% increased maximum ES - but I don't know, I usually follow builds ;d

Best regards,
Morstern
"
Morstern wrote:
Hello,

Is there a huge difference in skill tree?
Those new nodes close to Witch (+10 ES) are kinda useless (that's what I heard)
Will you create a new skill tree?

Not sure if there's a better way to locate those 3 skill points
Probably damage is even better than that +20 ES, and +6% increased maximum ES - but I don't know, I usually follow builds ;d

Best regards,
Morstern

Yes, you can use two points to grab Wicked Ward, use the other two on further progress of the tree or EV/ES% nodes. Generally I say recommend grabbing what your character needs at the time. (once you get the core of the tree completed)

I have week old newborn, so I won't be able to update this much (prefer to be playing when I am able), but I'm happy to answer questions on the guide.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Jun 7, 2019, 9:32:50 AM
I'm very very new to the game. This is the first build I'm doing for any playthrough.

1. What should i do for my ascendant tree?

2. What's the best kind of gear I should be looking for on the level ups?
"
DJStickbug wrote:
I'm very very new to the game. This is the first build I'm doing for any playthrough.

1. What should i do for my ascendant tree?

2. What's the best kind of gear I should be looking for on the level ups?

Hey Welcome!

You wanna go for:

Patient Reaper -> Ghost Dance -> Escape Artist -> Prolonged Pain

In that order. And as you level just look for stuff with Life, ES, and Resists. You'll end up Chaos Innoculation eventually, but for the start you'll be Life+ES hybrid until you can build up a decent ES pool (4-5k or so). This'll happen in the low to mid 70's most likely.

Hope that helps!
Hello! Is this build good in 3.7? for league mechanics? You still can do uelder after nerfs? What do you think about new movement skill frostblink? I hate shield charge so much
Last edited by imatty on Jun 12, 2019, 8:45:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info