[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

How u have 4 crafted modifiers in your weapon on guide?? i don't get it, you have the 3 crafted modifiers =1 craft, damage over time= 2 crafted, and trigger a socketed spell when use a skill, the 3° craft, what about the 64% spell damage plus 11% cold damage?
"
CrasherPM wrote:
How u have 4 crafted modifiers in your weapon on guide?? i don't get it, you have the 3 crafted modifiers =1 craft, damage over time= 2 crafted, and trigger a socketed spell when use a skill, the 3° craft, what about the 64% spell damage plus 11% cold damage?

Those are from pre-3.9. Unfortunately this method is no longer viable.

Can always try fossil crafting with Aetheric+Frigid. Add Pristine for the 40-60% increased damage while on full life suffix.

"
lazycalm2 wrote:
Hi,

It's my first time playing Vortex/Cold Snap and I'm on HC.

Because I'm not used to the playstyle, I find it's a bit dangerous because we need to be near the enemy so that he gets in the Vortex.

How do you normally play this build between Cold Snap and Vortex?

Also, should I make any changes suitable to HC, besides going Grace instead of Malevolence?

Flesh and Stone is great for defense! I would check out my "Needlessly Tanky" version for some inspiration as to what you can change for HC. I wouldn't go as far as I did on that one necessarily, but maybe there's something you can implement.

As for playstyle...I use Cold Snap primarily for clearing packs. I will often Shield Charge into a pack, and cast cold snap on the next pack on the screen and Vortex on the ones I charged into (or through. needs goo timing though)
how i could mitigate physical damage ?

found everything fine, just swap my vaal regalia for a eva/es chest, and work very nice.

about defensiv, have 37% evade, 22% block, CI with 9k7 ehp
but only 4% physical reduction.

with a cdwt and immortal call give a 25% , what are my other option ?

can loot very nice affix on the new atlas mobs, just loot an amulet with +14% cold damage over time multiplier xD (on the poison guys)
Hey guys, amazing guide, rly strong.

But i have no idea where do i go from now on, i would love a bit more ES, sitting at nearly 9500 and my dps is fine for now i think. Plz tell me what would u improve next. My budget atm is around 5 ex.

Here's my items:

Cheers! :)

Im trying to get a high ev/es here with dense fossil but nothing good happens

Is there any other fossil that i need ?
can use a sanctified fossil for lucky roll.

i crfat mine with first attempt (dense+sanctified) sure not perfect, but enough good for me, see for min-max later.

mean is something like 17 chaos +2 for dense, so "20" per roll.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sanctified_Fossil

@affNighcik mean can change 3 points:

- can multicraft your belt.(don't check if can craft good affix)
- sin treck is good boot fore sure, but can have best rare one with more es and some resist. (maybe should found/craft some, es boot with 25+% movespeed + 60% (total resist) + 140+ es would be expensive in this league)
- change your gloove, 108 es, is a very low (in my mind).

if change both, boot + gloove, think you can have a lot more es, and with multicraft belt, can equilibrate your cap resit near 105 (for elemental weakness), could maybe switch one of your ring and amulet for more offensiv one.

edit:

if can cap res without amulet + ring, can reroll an opal elder ring with full offensiv affix, or maybe reroll / craft this one.

ps you have a very nice chest^^ ,660+ es for this one, it's great. would like to have something like this ;p

edit 2:

just see, your's helmet, maybe can have another one, (rare ?) with a lot much es+ other usefull stat.

have to look maybe with the "new exile" affix on helmet.(for "compensate" the "+21% cold damage over time multi" of the rime gaze.

edit 3:
just fast check here: https://poedb.tw

can have a "compensate" on amulete like mine(*) with hunter exile
but not on the other stuff (quick check, maybe miss something).

dev speaking about exatle orb can transfer a influence on a item, mean it's not additionnal ?
could not have for example a elder ring with a "hunter exil" influence ?

*amulete, have just to multicraft this one:
Spoiler
Last edited by laurent67 on Dec 25, 2019, 12:34:10 PM
Any new awakened gem useful for the build aside from core supports gems? Like for example cold penetration.
Hello people.

So im really having fun with this build, even though aoe sucks a bit (this build isn't good for farming breaches or legion, but whatever... i mean, it's fine: it can't be good at everything).

I totally skipped the last league.

What oils should i use for this amulet (which i believe is good)? I would like to improve a bit the damage but even defenses are fine.

Done all content this build is very strong this league for metamorph and sirus, perma chill is nice, and ci is strong for metamorphs and sirus who is 25% chaos, , things i would change from what I have is the amulet for one with the new mods and the wand for one with same stats+the new + to spell gems mod, and the boots for one with immunity to freeze as that helps with the beam attack on sirus. Atziri reflection is nice but, the dps without it is fine, and I used apeps for most of the league so far. Also awakened swift affliction gives a 10% more multiplier so make sure to pick that up as thats essentially half a malevolence.
Last edited by Arcaniusu on Dec 25, 2019, 10:48:41 PM
oh yeah, awekening swift look's great, have to found one (or buy)

about oil, as a member of this post say, the "prodical perfection" is fine for a very cheap option, cost only 2 azure oil and a basic one.
so it's only 2 chaos for azure, or it's very comon if you're in ssf.

give 12% spell damage, 15% mana, and 2% spell damage for 100 of your max mana. (just check , for me atm , have 1642 mana...)

edit:

just check price ...hum ..5 exa for swift xD
Last edited by laurent67 on Dec 26, 2019, 4:14:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info