[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

"
Quelnor wrote:
I'm trying this build as a league starter, currently in red tiers maps and I feel like my dmg is lacking. Is there something I'm doing wrong on the dmg side of things? I stack the trifecta vaal cold snap / cold snap / vortex on top of bosses, and it's taking ages to defeat end game bosses.

I know I'm talking about really end game bosses like conquerors at red tier, but it's insanely painful. And I feel like any consistent dmg upgrade is 10ex+ (I know my first logical one would be my 6th link on vortex though).

So yeah, asking again, am I doing something wrong or is it just the way it is? That's the dmg I should expect until I can get my 5th link and pay to go LL with reflecion + belt combo?

Here's my stuff

Spoiler

i'll assume you are actively applying your frostbite as well. just my opinion, but if I had to prioritize upgrades looking at what you've linked, I'd get my 6th link ASAP and a lvl 20 or 21 vortex. those are probably your cheapest dmg boosts. reflection+belt is a 30% there abouts bump (and expensive). but so is getting your vortex from 17 to 20/21. (i believe even more). a 6th link will easily add 30% or more as well. might be easier to find a good enough 6L chest, and upgrade/re-tune the rest of your gear.

edit: just saw gryphen's comment. yeah, your wand, huge dps boost if you can get a correct one >.<
Last edited by SonsOfKorhal on Dec 21, 2019, 3:14:59 PM
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Bag_of_Bricks wrote:
This is a great build, especially for this league. Quick question. I notice in your gem section very few have specific level mentions. Am I to assume all gems should be leveled to 20 except for Enfeeble (which said to level it to 5)? Or are there specific gem levels we are targeting, ie: CWDT? Thank you for your reply!

Anything on cwdt should be kept in line with it. Level all your skills and auras n such.

@Quelnor

6th link is worth roughly 40% more damage. That's a good place to start. Reflection of course is also big.

And uhhh...your wand has cold damage to spells on it. This is what's causing your damage issues. Instead of -50% cold resistance from EEyou're hitting with an ever so small amount of cold damage and apply +25% Cold resistance instead.

Hahaha right! Thanks for spotting that one.. thanks Sonsofkorhal too for your advices!
"
JaxRC wrote:
"
Just killed Awakener with this build as my league starter. Having a blast, thanks for the build!

How did you killed him ?

I tried yesterday but in the second phase he was in the sky all the time...

Path of Bugs...xD

As I understand the mechanic, when he goes up in the sky and drops his tornado thing, you need to lure the tornado away and then run directly underneath him. he will then come back down and can be damaged again.

At least, I think thats how it works!
I was wondering if anyone tried to pick up the Avatar of Fire keystone.

I'm not sure if it deletes the dot damage (it cant be converted but it says "do not deal non-fire damage"), but if not... well then, all problems regarding EE would be easily resolved even using only vortex/cold snap skills.
What happens if you have add fire damage to spells in the weapon? That would be better to apply Elemental Equilibrium?
"
hawok wrote:
What happens if you have add fire damage to spells in the weapon? That would be better to apply Elemental Equilibrium?

You would still need a way to apply the damage that has no cold damage as well. IE: Storm brand/orb of storm/Ball lightning (this one on CWDT)

"
Serge91 wrote:

I'm not sure if it deletes the dot damage (it cant be converted but it says "do not deal non-fire damage"), but if not... well then, all problems regarding EE would be easily resolved even using only vortex/cold snap skills.

Alas, deal no non fire damage. RIP build. ^^
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
hawok wrote:

You would still need a way to apply the damage that has no cold damage as well. IE: Storm brand/orb of storm/Ball lightning (this one on CWDT)

"
Serge91 wrote:

But it wont fuck up the EE, i could use that weapon with fire damage to spells?
Last edited by hawok on Dec 22, 2019, 6:21:16 AM
"
hawok wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
hawok wrote:

"
Serge91 wrote:

But it wont fuck up the EE, i could use that weapon with fire damage to spells?

Yes you can use one with fire damage to spells. Only cold damage needs to be avoided at all costs.
Hey just found the atziris reflection and its just curse reflection now and not "youre not affected by curses" anymore. And the belt doesnt work for low life anymore as well or did i miss something? Great guide though!
"
JeffTheRevh wrote:
Hey just found the atziris reflection and its just curse reflection now and not "youre not affected by curses" anymore. And the belt doesnt work for low life anymore as well or did i miss something? Great guide though!

You're thinking of Atziri's Mirror

It still works.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info