[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

!
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

Well, I spent like 10ex fossil crafting in different ways to no avail, ended up alt spamming +1 Cold Spells (150 alts or less) into regal + annul with no beast insurance. Took a look at PoB and this is actually *slightly* better than T1 Cold DoT Multi+multimod for this character on this base (likely because of the implicit Cold DoT) and also better than what I previously had (2-3% more dps).

So I multimodded and annul'd the Multimod (took exactly 1 try) used 2 divines for perfect damage rolls, and added aspect of the Spider. This will let me replace my ring that has aspect on it with something that actually covers my resistances properly and thus allowing a nice tree respecc and dropping of a terrible jewel.

With the new tree I end up losing 200k dps (4.4m -> 4.2m) but also go from 12.1kes to 13.2kes and also gain a lot of mana+mana regen.

Very nice dagger :) I wish that I had played around with synthesis a bit more to get some nice bases to play with, but got frustrated pretty quickly with the league and just rushed to 37/40 and promptly quit.

Then again, I don't ever play in standard. I usually take the time to consolidate gear onto one character, but that gets boring quickly (for me) without the challenges to drive interest.

"
toxic678 wrote:

Very nice dagger :) I wish that I had played around with synthesis a bit more to get some nice bases to play with, but got frustrated pretty quickly with the league and just rushed to 37/40 and promptly quit.

Then again, I don't ever play in standard. I usually take the time to consolidate gear onto one character, but that gets boring quickly (for me) without the challenges to drive interest.

Agreed. I almost never touch standard, buuuut....

I really enjoy this particular character because of the synthesis stuff (and my mirror-tier chest) so I tend to play on him a bit when I get bored or if I get an influx of currency from a standard sale I'll try crafting something fun. The explosion weapons are so OP though. I would honestly try to get the synthesis unique scepter with the implicit for general mapping/delving on this build for challenge league. The couple that exist are expensive though. Hahaha.

2 copies made btw!
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Nov 11, 2019, 12:12:02 AM

This is where I landed with the helmet at present. Not quite GG, but it'll suffice for the moment.

First Uber Elder ever was not entirely smooth, with an early death that I didn't catch the cause of and a fair few spicy moments, but was generally not bad for my first attempt. It was a really fun fight, and a nice capstone to my experience with the build.
"
Qikly wrote:

This is where I landed with the helmet at present. Not quite GG, but it'll suffice for the moment.

First Uber Elder ever was not entirely smooth, with an early death that I didn't catch the cause of and a fair few spicy moments, but was generally not bad for my first attempt. It was a really fun fight, and a nice capstone to my experience with the build.

Gratz on the Uber Elder kill! with a little practice I'm sure you'll find the fight to be pretty easy with this build.

That helmet is very nice indeed! 300+ ES with those two suffixes is A+
Hey i dont have the budget for a bottled faith, any alternatives??
Last edited by daytrix109 on Nov 16, 2019, 12:34:22 PM
"
daytrix109 wrote:
Hey i dont have the budget for a bottled faith, any alternatives??

Bottle faith is very superfluous and not REALLY worth the cost for this build. I would use whatever utility flask you might need/want. Jade, Quartz, Sulfur, and Basalt are all good. Whatever you fancy.
i cant seem to get enough dex to get my gems to 20, same with strength by a mile, what can i do?
I got mine from rings and amulet, and picked up a +30 anoint while leveling. If you keep Shield Charge's level down not a whole lot of Strength is needed. Getting the Dex for Atziri's Reflection is tougher; I need to rejuggle some jewelry stats to accommodate it more comfortably myself.
"
daytrix109 wrote:
i cant seem to get enough dex to get my gems to 20, same with strength by a mile, what can i do?

I have basically no strength stat requirements. Especially now that we can use wands. Keep Shield Charge level low and you should be okay.

For Dex, get it from jewelry mainly. I like grabbing a Brutal Restraint and using that for massive Dex boost as well as some very nice noteable mods. This is pretty expensive though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info