(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

Okay, so it wasn't just me sucking. That's good to know, yeah I cleared two halls but the third one finished me off. I even used the searing ray scepter to deal with them but I just couldn't survive the mix of CI and Chaos Damage.
"
WhoMans wrote:
Hi, so im playing this build in Standard, and using this is my T16 mapper to farm for sulphite for my Nebb Jugg Delver.

I'm currently lvl 86 with it now, and I usually get to around lvl 95, since the PoB goes to lvl 100, what 5 nodes would you say are the least priority and can leave if I only make it to 95?

Secondly, I know I'm only lvl 86, but it feels like stats wise my build is absolutely no where compared to yours when I import my character in PoB, despite having similar-ish gear. But my DPS/DoT is half of yours, I only have about 5.9k eHP and with flasks up I think i'm only reaching 38k Evasion and I don't feel as tanky as I should. Is there any dangerous map mods I should watch out for? Or are there any headhunter mods that can actually be dangerous?

I know two aspects immediately is the helm enchant and the boots corruption. Currently working on the boots corruption but the only Vertex up for sale with a Toxic Rain enchant is just 10% of Physical as extra Chaos Damage and not sure if its worth it?

Also, how important is the -mana cost clarity mod for the Watcher's Eye? Again, in standard there isn't any for sale that has both, the clarity mod and the bleed immunity malevolence mod so I have to pick one or the other. Should I go with a clarity one instead and just go back to replacing one of my flaks with a divine flask of staunching?

Here is my PoB if anyone can have a look and give me some pointers. I've disabled Grace since I don't have the mana for it and I've scrapped the aspect of the spider ring I used to have as I feel like it didn't help much given how quick the build is. To help with defence should I go back to Flesh and Stone to help my low level CWDT+IC setup since I dont have the strength for a high level steelskin?

https://pastebin.com/hUtxRype

Also, whats the playstyle for this build? Sorry for all the questions, im still a new player only starting in Legion and never used a bow build. Do I just pop a wither totem at an enemy pack and then right click once to drop a stack of TR and move on to the next pack or do I just spam TR until they are dead and then move on?

Scrap the life nodes to Herbalism on the bottom right. And the Shaper node on the bottom left.

While you're at it, drop Blood drinker and the nodes leading to it, put those into Blast Radius. If you were in Blight, I'd tell you to drop everything after Foresight and push the nodes up to Corruption instead, then use an oil annointment to get Potency of Will. If you want to go to the trouble of farming the oils and a blight map in blight, then ripping that char to standard, that's up to you.

Most of the DPS & ehp difference is the remaining levels, maxxing out your gem levels, adding jewel sockets and getting better jewels. Try to get some with the +X% to Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier affix, that affix is powerful.

I am careful on maps with monsters that are chaos resistant, that's about it. Even those, as a rule, I just run a bit slower.

Helm and boot enchants are nice, but not necessary at all. I've run most of the blight league without them, the only thing I haven't done so far is uber Atziri. I still don't have a helmet enchant - they are pretty rare in the league too!

Mana depends. Looks like you still have quite a bit unreserved. I didn't buy that exact watcher's eye, either, I picked up one with "15% chance to Recover 10% of Mana when you use a Skill while affected by Clarity", which works well enough for me! I'm only running ~80 mana unreserved, unless I cancel Haste.

I'm running immortal call instead of steelskin. I keep looking for some way to run both, but it hasn't worked out yet! I certainly haven't had to worry about getting killed, either, so I'm not that concerned.

My playstyle... run from pack to pack dropping TR. Usually only 1 or 2 per pack, just enough to renew my Mirage Archer. I only pop the wither totem on tough critters or bosses. Most of my time is spent keeping flasks active.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
Justy311 wrote:
Okay, so it wasn't just me sucking. That's good to know, yeah I cleared two halls but the third one finished me off. I even used the searing ray scepter to deal with them but I just couldn't survive the mix of CI and Chaos Damage.
If you're looking for the completion, just pop into Global 820 and grab a carry. There was a guy in there earlier who was taking donations for party clears, I don't think he was making more than ~5c / player.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Thanks for the deathless LvL 87 U.Elder kill!
I played the entire league 3.8 with this build. Very comfortable and safe. Many thanks to the author.
P.S. Waiting for 3.9 and POE 2 :D
Been playing a late league char with this build. having fun with it so far. When I dropped a praxis ring and a Quill Rain bow I was having the most fun while leveling up and clearing the act content. Have to buy gear now to cap resistances etc to start mapping but I think it will go well. Ty for this fun to play build
I've been running this and greatly enjoying it. I just picked up a Devouring Diadem, and was wondering if that was considered an improvement over the Vertex.

Here's the helmet I picked up.

Thanks in advance for any information.
Edit: never mind, just noticed EB, which kills it...
Last edited by Okamisan87 on Dec 2, 2019, 5:14:34 PM
-deleted-
Last edited by Mikes_Mekazukatoto on Dec 5, 2019, 3:13:35 PM
do you think this is good for 3.9 league start? elder items will be very hard to get i think

end game gear has elder bow elder amulett elder gloves

whats the best options for those slots without elder/shaper items? realy unsure if thats good as 3.9 league starter...
"
Sash89 wrote:
do you think this is good for 3.9 league start? elder items will be very hard to get i think

end game gear has elder bow elder amulett elder gloves

whats the best options for those slots without elder/shaper items? realy unsure if thats good as 3.9 league starter...

Yes, as long as Toxic Rain/Trickster don't get completely nerfed. If you read through the build guide, you will see he safely killed Uber Elder on < 50C budget which does not include any elder or shaper items.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info