News of the horrific shooting is making its way to the US.

"
Right wing terrorism needs to be stamped out.

Can't be stomped out if certain politicians won't admit it exists and far more widespread than people realize.
Look after each other, especially you in New Zealand.

Ah, we all react. A site I looked at in a search for updates has a main page announcement to be patient with it going down because of how much traffic is downloading the video made by Tarrant. The thread I looked at was intense and out therre, but not as bad as the impact of the thought of how much trauma just happened, and its spread. No, I'm not watching the video, ever.

People are seeing the footage without knowing what it is until too late. That's just next level fucked up. Not to detract from the people who lived and died there, or who are dealing with it all, at all.

Saw the news on my phone at work this afternoon near finish time, found it distressing, went into the main office where two colleagues were talking about the weekend. One's Irish and was excited about St Patrick's day and telling stories I thought yeah they can wait to find out. We had a laugh together, which helped way more than sharing the news.

My kids have seen bits because of it austoplaying on Twitter. They're ok, and avoiding it all now. Still, wtf.

It's being reported that Tarrant quoted a poem about "rage" and not going into the night, RIP Dylan Thomas' masterpiece. A small thing, but indicative of the misinformation and idiocy of the echo chamber we all inhabit to some extent.

Fuck those assholes who did this, those who live tweeted and commented on the stream, and everything to do with what fuels it on all sides, and all the idiots who insist on sharing their gross, edgy, sick humour and twisted ways of coping with people who never asked to know about it.

Fuck. But to buy into it too much, yeah fuck that too.

Stay safe, exiles.

Last edited by erdelyii on Mar 15, 2019, 3:45:47 AM
"
Bioness wrote:
"

Can't be stomped out if certain politicians won't admit it exists and far more widespread than people realize.

Derange individuals exists.Its not widespread.And not anyone's fault than his deranged brain, because someone decided to ruin everyone's lives, including people that have nothing to do with anything with this

Condolences for the families of this tragic event.
Bye bye desync!
"
elwindakos wrote:
"
Bioness wrote:
"

Derange individuals exists.Its not widespread.And not anyone's fault than his deranged brain, because someone decided to ruin everyone's lives, including people that have nothing to do with anything with this

Condolences for the families of this tragic event.

Society creates individuals.

This guy was a white supremacist who fucking livestreamed himself killing people during their religious service. Furthermore he was being cheered and congratulated by viewers.

[Removed by Support]

It isn't an individual it is society that causes shit like this to happen.
Last edited by Kieran_GGG on Mar 15, 2019, 3:34:37 PM
Bad
Last edited by Matuzak on Mar 15, 2019, 4:14:04 PM
I am glad I am old.
So you think this is societies fault?Do you see white supremacists everywhere around you?

Fringe extremist ideologies exist for sure,but it's not a problem of societies but rather derange individuals among the millions of us.

Should we ban now Twitter,Facebook and PewDiePie for being mentioned from this deranged asshole and blame it on the attack on them?
Bye bye desync!
"
Bioness wrote:
Society creates individuals.
It isn't an individual it is society that causes shit like this to happen.

I cannot disagree any more strongly.

No society "made him" do this. He had complete autonomy and should be made to face the full penalty.

He killed innocents because he also believed that "society creates individuals"; that even the innocents are part of a society that needs to be removed for the "greater good".
The guy listed the people who inspired/radicalized him. They have as much responsibility as him.
"
The guy listed the people who inspired/radicalized him. They have as much responsibility as him.

So pewdiepie and Spyro the dragon?Cause that was his inspiration according to him

Piss off with the bs logic.Guilty by association is the worst we can attribute.
Bye bye desync!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info