News of the horrific shooting is making its way to the US.

"
Exile009 wrote:
"
elwindakos wrote:
Should we ban now Twitter,Facebook and PewDiePie for being mentioned from this deranged asshole and blame it on the attack on them?

Tbh, I'd be all for banning Twitter. Other social networks like Reddit and Facebook do everthing Twitter does, but better (even as much as dislike Zuck, at least Facebook is much more fully featured - and doesn't have that ludicrous character limit), while Twitter is nothing but cancer at this point. It's a sign, along with things like the decline in longform journalism and the rise of 24/7 shock media, of the celebration of ill-informed immediate reactions over thoughtful, considered discourse. I don't Twitter especially does the world any good (Pewds is an entertainer, while Facebook still connects people).

My point is,is not the platforms fault that an individual is deranged.Its not facebook accountable that one murder decided to livestream it there,nor is PewDiePies fault that the murderer decided to meme him while heading killing those people.Its not a society issue
Bye bye desync!
"
The guy listed the people who inspired/radicalized him. They have as much responsibility as him.
This is the same logic Tarrant used to hold the Islam itself responsible for acts of terrorism. Are you saying he was right to hold influencers accountable for the most radical among their following?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
What a horrible horrible day. My heart goes out to all those affected, and there are probably a thousand people or more that will be devastated by the loss of their dad, their co-worker, their uncle, their sister, their best friend.

There are times when it feels like we are no longer living on Earth, but have woken up in Hell. How many people will be thinking of their last conversation with the person they loved and knew so well? How many will be numb and shell shocked from the senseless loss of a loved one? How many will look at a name and phone number and wish they could just dial it and have a few more minutes? The trauma they will suffer is unreal.

I just hope that somehow the families, friends and loved ones can find a way to emotionally survive this tragedy, and those around them and others from around the world can find a respectful way to help and support them.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Do shooting games have influence in this? there's a talk of banning Fortnite, PUBG, CSGO, Apex Legend and many others
"
Nizaris1 wrote:
Do shooting games have influence in this? there's a talk of banning Fortnite, PUBG, CSGO, Apex Legend and many others

Multiple studies have shown this to be a false narrative.

Also it appears the motivation was hate based at best, vile lunacy at worst. Games dont peddle in hate.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
I dont see any any key!
"
pneuma wrote:
"
The guy listed the people who inspired/radicalized him. They have as much responsibility as him.

Absolutely not. Unless you're redefining murder, only one person pulled the trigger.

Co-conspirators.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
This is the same logic Tarrant used to hold the Islam itself responsible for acts of terrorism. Are you saying he was right to hold influencers accountable for the most radical among their following?

Islam NEVER tells people that others must be eliminated.
[Removed by Support]

This is the DEFINITION of bigotry and racism
[Removed by Support]

That's quite literally racisim. Well, more like Religious Discrimination since Muslims aren't a race. However, PEOPLE kill PEOPLE every day and it is varying levels of care or coverage around the world. Do you honestly believe that the deaths of "white people" are not also lamented?

The reason this particular incident would be here is because GGG is a new zealand based company and more importantly this was not just some regular homicide, this was a live streamed execution of 49 people by a deranged, incredibly racist man. It's pretty pathetic you'd come here and bitch that we are not also posting about the deaths of white people.

Also, a cursory search of the word "Shooting" in off topic shows many posts about USA school shootings being made as they happened, so not only are you an idiot, you're also wrong cause it seems most times there is a mass shooting, there has been a post here about it.
Last edited by Kieran_GGG on Mar 15, 2019, 5:08:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info