[3.7] Divine Ire Trickster - "Can't Touch This" - 56% Spell Dodge / 67% Evasion / 39% Block

"
KooperT wrote:

I'll try to put some leveling builds together when I get a chance. Basically though I'd suggest you follow the build tree as-is and push immediately towards the Witch area, as there's a good amount of spelldmg. You want to make your way over to ELEMENTAL OVERLOAD as soon as possible. It's a huge DPS increase while leveling, and when your crit is irrelevant - can be used alongside elemental focus for good DPS.

I leveled with Wave of Conviction, and with a 4-link and Elemental Overload, it 1shot all packs through to acts 7/8. Would recommend switching to Divine Ire though as WoC starts to feel slow.

I am a little bit confused here. I don't see elemental overload beeing a part of the tree in https://pastebin.com/aaFJK4pF. Or do you get it temporary to level and then remove it later?
http://www.dontplaytoomuch.com/PathOfExile/PassiveSkillCalculator.html
Thanks for the guide.
If you could split the tree in several stages in pob that would be awesome. I changed into this build when my CI version proved to be a problem. Splitting it helps me see the priorities, which is very handy i.m.h.o.

My tree is slightly different though: i get Lucidity in favor of an extra socket; in pob tests the dps was higher then all the jewels fitted (i didn't try removing the watcher's eye, but the other's i did).

I also have Blast radius; the 1st aoe node and then the dmg node (so i skip the other aoe increase node); this isn't always better then the jewels fitted, so i guess probably this depends on what jewels you can get your hands on :)?

And i get deep wisdom to connect left and right side of the tree instead of using the 2 minor intelligence nodes; u get +20 energy shield and +30 intelligence instead of 20. (and it's handy early on with the mana,.. the mana part is useless after mom+eldritch of course, but ..).

Thanks so much for taking the time to test and to write the guide. the thought process and reasoning behind it all make it a very nice read.. and an awesome build variant.

If i ever get some currency i'm gonna try getting the new eternity shroud. And making the call of the brotherhood shaped versions.. etc (not all are possible to make into shaper items, so the "ignore chaos resistence" i prob won't get to, but a nice extra dps boost maybe. What do you think? [at the cost of arctic armor though, so im not sure...]

Keep up the good work! :)

Last edited by Care_Less on Mar 21, 2019, 3:15:11 AM
Any1 please, levelling tips?

Maybe few questions

1. From what level I start going the build itself + divine ire?
2. What skill to use until that level?
3. Which way to go passive tree until that level?
Looks to be a very interesting build. I am currently leveling it. I have some concerns with the 5 off color chest. Is the currency investment really worth it? Are there other viable options that you could suggest?
"
Skoodyma wrote:
Looks to be a very interesting build. I am currently leveling it. I have some concerns with the 5 off color chest. Is the currency investment really worth it? Are there other viable options that you could suggest?

I don't know if it'd be too great in this specific build (The chestpiece seems very important to the defensive value of the whole thing), but I'm using a similar Divine Ire build and I've been running Carcass Jack so far. Very cheap right now, ES/EVA base with life, resists, and inc AoE/Inc AoE damage.

The Divine Ire charge radius scales up with Inc AoE, the laser size/range doesn't; but it still benefits from the AoE damage (which is why this build runs Conc Effect).
What pantheon do you use?
"
Cheydinhal wrote:
im a noob at this game, the build looks nice though…

But do we start with this right away, dont see a leveling section?

Or we go this build during end game?

"
I am a little bit confused here. I don't see elemental overload beeing a part of the tree...

I added two quick "low-level" and "mid-level" skill trees to my PoB, use the dropdown menu to view them. Generally in PoB, most spells are easy to level with, and you don't need much damage on your tree since spells scale well with gem levels. Just pick up enough life so you don't die to stuff.

Pick up Elemental Overload early and drop it later. You have low crit early, but more than enough for full uptime of EO on most trash packs, and it's a huge damage boost while leveling.

"
Not sure what you guys mean with Storm Burst. It feels fine. You want increased duration, and lots of it, but you're at full dps after 2 seconds. 3/4 of a second clears most packs. Just gotta get used to not holding it down for too long unnecessarily.

I tested with the correct amount of duration to just push it over 2s, which is 1 full duration cluster (Potency of Will for 45%) and Efficacy gem for 16%.

It's not that the skill is bad. It's fine for clear - but as I said, it feels very similar in usage/practice as Molten Strike. Even though you can just hold it down for about 1s and release, to me, it felt awkward/slow. Especially compared to when you can do the exact same thing with Divine Ire - you tap it for a second and release.

The main difference is that with Divine Ire, it does two things.
1) While you channel, even for that fraction of 1s, it zaps everything around you for 200-300K DPS and can freeze them (in fact, the channel alone kills most white monsters)
2) When you RELEASE the beam, it does it's damage both AOE around you, as well as in the path of the beam itself. This means you can simply shield charge/whirling DIRECTLY onto packs and blow them up, not having to worry about stuff behind/to the sides of you. Not to mention the beam will literally kill stuff OFF SCREEN... which Storm Burst cannot do.

#2 was a big part of why I felt Storm Burst was clunky. If you have a playstyle of "sit back and shoot my targets at ranged" it's fine. But while inside a pack, it felt inefficient having to drag your mouse around/behind you to make sure balls would explode on all your targets.

But I have a playstyle of being able to charge directly INTO every pack, moving quickly with shield charge, and blasting stuff while tanking it.

"

My tree is slightly different though: i get Lucidity in favor of an extra socket; in pob tests the dps was higher then all the jewels fitted (i didn't try removing the watcher's eye, but the other's i did).

Keep in mind that jewels also increase tankiness by providing up to 7% life or 50 flat life. DPS isn't everything - I personally value the life on jewels more than the DPS they offer, to the point I would gladly use a +45 life, Onslaught on Kill jewel over a 3-4mod DPS jewel.

"

I've mentioned this a few times, I'll add a section on this in the OP... But 5-offcolor is actually surprisingly easy, if you properly utilize the Vorici method. (Only downside of this is you can't buy a 6-link, you'll have to 6-L afterwards). If you don't know what this is... google "Vorici Offcolor Method"

Here's an old video as an example:
Spoiler
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/870qpd/just_a_reminder_and_tutorial_on_how_to_get_off/

It's extremely easy to get 4-offcolor in under 300~400ish jeweler orbs. The 5th offcolor is slightly harder but still won't take too much, depends a bit on your RNG. The 6th slot can be green, so it's practically guaranteed.

I personally got a 5-offcolor in less than 800 jeweler orbs...
In comparison, if you were to use CHROMATIC Orbs... it takes an average of 9100 of them (as per the Vorici Chrome Calculator).

At the very most I would be surprised if it took you more than 1000-1500 jeweler orbs to 5-offcolor this chest. This is a pitiful fraction of the cost of 9100 chromes.

"
What pantheon do you use?

Minor: Tukohama (self explanatory)

Major: Solaris (Although Lunaris is fine too)

I personally prefer Solaris since you don't get hit often, it essentially means when you ARE hit... you don't take extra damage from crits, and take 8% reduced elemental damage from that hit. Bosses are typically more of a problem than trash, anyway.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Mar 21, 2019, 4:54:13 PM
So I have a 6L disintegrator that I can put the ire setup in, what supports would you recommend in the chest since I cant use shield charge etc
Thanks for a really strong build guide! I can't afford to off color/link 6L Perfect form right now, so what gems would you use for 5L setup? Drop hypothermia?
Hi, I wonder if Ethereal Feast really worth it since it only help in leeching while channeling but not when u release the stack. Sorry if i make any mistake, newbie here. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info