Hardcore vs Default

"
Each death in HC also has meaning. Pretty much everyone will remember most of their deaths, especially if it was due to error on their part. You learn from each death, and makes you more focused the next time, to do better, to push past it. That awesome feeling when you push past your previously highest leveled character. feelsgoodman.jpg

Agree with this, thats also a part i find interesting, only exception being when you die from DCing/Desychs/Hitting the windows key (oh the memories from D2 lol, had it popped out on most my keyboards at some point) etc.
"
woodyfly wrote:
I have a lvl 60 default character and a bunch of lower levels that died from HC. I don't know if I wanna just play on default or make new hardcore characters. Something about HC just attracts me, maybe it's because everybody on HC haven't died and that makes the game more exciting, I don't know.

Why do you prefer playing HC or Default?

Default. Many reasons:

1) Hardcore is easy mode: you use an extremely defensive and "proper" build, and you typically over-level everything as much as possible before you fight it. You are essentially only entering fights you think you will win. This is the opposite of how I operate. Softcores taken on ANYTHING no matter the odds and use their own crazy builds when doing so.

2) Escape button. Hardcore players will Alt+F4 by INSTINCT when things look ropey; softcore players accept death when it comes and move on.

3) Thrill level: Hardcore means you lose a lot more when you die but you come come close to death only occasionally. Softcore you lose a lot less but you come close to losing it every 30 seconds. I'll take constant little thrills over seldom big thrills.

4) Hardcore players tend to group for safety and further easymode. I solo unless my friends are on (would never ever multi with strangers in this game again) and I am on more than they are. FAR higher chance to die solo. In fact for every true HC player you show me, I'll show you a solo player who is actually more "hardcore".

As a wise man once said: There is more sense of accomplishment winning a fight you expected to lose than a fight you expected to win.

As for the guy who said hardcore deaths have more meaning and you will remember them, my softcore main has died 7 times and I remember every one of them. First one was at level 60 for example, on Vaal merci. And for the record, 2 of those deaths I have absolutely no idea what killed me. I just died. No combat log doesn't help, so no, no way I'd play HC when that crap can happen.
Did you know level 91 is the halfway point to level 100? This means that a softcore character dying ONCE at level 85+ can lose many days of progress.
Last edited by GhostlightX on Mar 11, 2013, 4:33:01 PM
"
MYLOkai wrote:
My super low life high DPS EK shadow on softcore has died more times than all HC players put together.

I'm awesome! :D

That's nothing, my friend recently completed the game with a Lightning witch and his /deaths total was 50!! My own first char (Ranger) will probably be up there if she ever finishes the game.
Did you know level 91 is the halfway point to level 100? This means that a softcore character dying ONCE at level 85+ can lose many days of progress.
Last edited by GhostlightX on Mar 11, 2013, 4:37:20 PM
hc
better economy
more focus on staying elive
bigger challange
less noobs / kids
more frendly players in general

softcore
crap economy
focus on max dps ( ignore hp )
no challanges
high amount of noobs / kiddy,s
WT@*&(!^!@%^%!@!&!@^%^&!@ players
@dragnar <<< ingame or pm me
"
dragnar wrote:
softcore
crap economy
focus on max dps ( ignore hp )

You will brickwall on softcore around Act 3 Cruel if you do that; stuck in level limbo and never able to progress. That is worse than outright dying imo.
Last edited by GhostlightX on Mar 11, 2013, 5:09:15 PM
"
Each death in HC also has meaning. Pretty much everyone will remember most of their deaths, especially if it was due to error on their part. You learn from each death, and makes you more focused the next time, to do better, to push past it. That awesome feeling when you push past your previously highest leveled character. feelsgoodman.jpg

Oh yes. The meaning of my last death was that desyncing and lag are lame and I learned that this game still needs a LOT of work before hard core is really worth it. Focus has absolutely nothing to do with it. What I am going to do? Focus the game to sync properly with the server? Focus more bandwidth into my internet. I remember those deaths, alright. I remember them as a reminder why I shouldn't play hardcore until they fix the connection/syncing issues.
Hardcore is PussyMode in this Game Genre. Everything is going to be outleveled to be and stay safe. What is the kick with it stacking HP and slaying packs of mobs there are 5-10 levels lower then the char?

The Noobs are Playing Hardcore because there are only one way to play his style. Stack HP and outlevel Mobs.Boring!

Default League u encounter Mobs or Bosses with realy everthing kind of builds. Mostly u pick an balanced Build between HP and Dps and pick mobs that are only max 2 Levels lower then u because u want to go forward in the Game. And if u can handle this with an balanced build or an pure dps build or any other funny build, THATS what a Skilled Player is and how he play Games because the Mobs are not Harder in "Hardcore" or anything else is harder in this league. Its the same Game with the same content.

For me!

Default = More skilled players because of the Builds are used and the level of the mobs they are facing it with and survive. More room to play and enjoy the Game and more "kick" moments as in "Hardcore"

Hardcore = PussyCore! For all Noobs because of the only way to play this league or the only way Players acually play in this league. Search Forum --> Pick an Safe Build --> Stack more HP´s ---> Outlevel Mobs! Always going the safest way. Going no Risks or Funny Things. BORING AS HELL!

Im playing PC Games now for nearly 20 Years and in all the time in this kind of games the "Hardcore" Mode goes always the same way, so i can say the "Hardcore" Mode is the real Beginner Mode!

"
dndallasta wrote:

I've never played HC but I know that the frustration from losing everything my character had on him would greatly offset the 'nice' feeling of risk and accomplishment.

I like such phrases. I didnt never try but I know for sure. Made my day sir
Why you should try Harcore http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/209310/page/1
Please stop making bad arguments about HC. If all you are saying is "I prefer SC for such and such reason," then fine. But please don't trash the other league just to make yourself feel superior, especially not with arguments as illogical as these:

"
GhostlightX wrote:

1) Hardcore is easy mode: you use an extremely defensive and "proper" build, and you typically over-level everything as much as possible before you fight it. You are essentially only entering fights you think you will win. This is the opposite of how I operate. Softcores taken on ANYTHING no matter the odds and use their own crazy builds when doing so.

I can understand that you prefer a more risky style of play, but I don't see how your preference for risky play logically supports your argument that HC is "easy mode." If anyone really wanted to, they could attempt to play uncautiously in HC too. But why don't people do this? Is it because it's "too easy" to be risky in HC?

"

2) Escape button. Hardcore players will Alt+F4 by INSTINCT when things look ropey; softcore players accept death when it comes and move on.

4) Hardcore players tend to group for safety and further easymode. I solo unless my friends are on (would never ever multi with strangers in this game again) and I am on more than they are. FAR higher chance to die solo. In fact for every true HC player you show me, I'll show you a solo player who is actually more "hardcore".

Here, you are basically saying that "some HC players arn't as HC as they think." It does not prove any point about whether SC or HC is superior. (Although I don't think we should even be having the "which is the superior league" argument.)

"
3) Thrill level: Hardcore means you lose a lot more when you die but you come come close to death only occasionally. Softcore you lose a lot less but you come close to losing it every 30 seconds. I'll take constant little thrills over seldom big thrills.

If you really wanted to maximize your thrills, then try playing a glass-cannon in HC. Instead of constant little trills, or rare big trills, you will be getting constant big trills. For a trill-seeker such as yourself, then should't this be your best option?
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
"Holding the line, on sixteen to one!"
Last edited by VoxelSquid on Mar 22, 2013, 5:24:07 AM
I play both actually, i just log in whatever league has maps and friends to do them with.
I also did my share of HC races in CB and did some in OB too, those are very fun.

i do hate the HC players who are full of themselves though, who think they are special little flowers cause they play HC, i sometimes think they have some sort of superiority complex.

Anyone can play HC, its the same difficulty as default,nothing is different apart from the fact that you have to pay attention to not die, that's it. Stack life/defensives first, damage later.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info