Hardcore vs Default

"
ziggro wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
piscator123 wrote:
Here we go again...

POe has no hardcore league, not with this alt f4 bullshit...

The babbycore players should come up with something new, it's getting boring :p Also obligatory pictures.

HC = Exit-to-login-screen core.

or

HC = out level current content until its trivial by farming easy stuff you would have to go afk for 5 minutes to die to.

Spoiler
you HC guys are fun to mess with you take it so seriously :P

Personally I have been playing softcore because that is where my friends started prior to me playing the game. I'd prefer to play hardcore, but there is also a benefit to softcore in that it's easier to just get up and leave the computer if you absolutely have to (although I guess you could just alt+f4 yourself out too in hardcore).

I'd like to play hardcore because it really increases the adrenaline when playing.
http://www.twitter.com/Xzilend
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
piscator123 wrote:
Here we go again...

POe has no hardcore league, not with this alt f4 bullshit...

The babbycore players should come up with something new, it's getting boring :p Also obligatory pictures.

LMAO...good stuff
I played hardcore for a while and would love it if the desync issues were taken care of.

After 3 desync deaths and my highest character died to an incredibly unlucky crit death from a falling rock in Vaal merciless, I had enough of the HC restarts.

One real concern I have for SC though is I see no way for SC to maintain it's economy. Atleast with HC, items and whole character with the items are removed and never to be seen again. In the end, it won't even be worth it craft your own stuff because so much stuff is out there.
Slinkston's STANDARD Shop! http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/197511

IGN: Slinkston
My super low life high DPS EK shadow on softcore has died more times than all HC players put together.

I'm awesome! :D

--

There a few ways to beef up SC though.
- A ladder/reset system that Diablo 2 used. I wouldn't mind that at all.
- The consequence of de-leveling instead of staying at 0%
- Larger exp loss

Lol, not sure what all the back and forth hate between HC and SC is all about. We play what we play. I don't have time to remake due to having a full time job, though that isn't my true reason for not playing HC.

I don't play HC because I would like to use what little time I have to play moving forward, experiencing end game content. I have been playing since Open Beta day 1 and have finally reached maps last night. I wouldn't want to remake my character(unless it's a new class/build) every time I die.

I might play HC in the future though, during the not so busy seasons in my field of work, along with the possibility of desync and stabilitiy issues being taken care of.
Last edited by MYLOkai on Mar 11, 2013, 2:40:27 PM
C.mon mods.You are locking or burying all dysync and loot threads.Time to add the hc/sc garbage to the list.
"
Flab wrote:
"
LennyLen wrote:
"
Flab wrote:
The only time I played SC was the first time I played the game, I found that with my first character (a ranger), not spending skill points and only dying once by level 25 or so due to pure recklessness, it was just too easy. Tried HC and well, impossible to enjoy SC after that.

I find it very difficult to understand the sentiment here. Why is default "impossible" to enjoy?

I played both leagues during CB, and gained the same enjoyment form playing on both leagues. After all, it's the exact same game. There is nothing you can do in HC that you can't do in default, except brag about the fact that you're still alive. And if that's the only way you can enjoy yourself, then I feel very sorry for you.

I've been playing in default since OB because I find that dying to desync takes away almost as much enjoyment as I get from playing the game.

You can feel sorry for me, that's just super. I just enjoy the concept of not being allowed to die much more, what are you expecting? If you can't relate to that, oh well.

I can relate to it quite well, as it's how I often used to play Diablo 1. The moment a character was killed, it would get deleted. It was a self-imposed penalty obviously, since there was only one game mode. Which is why to me there's no difference really between the two leagues game-play wise. You can impose your own HC death penalty in default if you wish to.
Each death in HC also has meaning. Pretty much everyone will remember most of their deaths, especially if it was due to error on their part. You learn from each death, and makes you more focused the next time, to do better, to push past it. That awesome feeling when you push past your previously highest leveled character. feelsgoodman.jpg
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
"
DeathSpear wrote:
Once you go hc you cant go back.

Oh sure I did. HC at the moment is too much fighting technical/connection problems. You have to account for those shortcomings while In Default I can experiment with much more interesting builds which is much more fun than losing another char to desync. (I died of stupidity/failbuilds also but that's not even remotely as discouraging)
I play both genres, and did for years and both have their merits.

I tend to enjoy HC a lot more for the pure thrill it generates, and the economy. Everything from all levels having a chance at being worth something since people tend to care a lot more about gear is nice. While this game doesn't really have "cookie cutter" builds yet, in games like D2 character builds in HC tended to be a lot more varied than in SC, mixing both offense and defense instead of pure offense. The HC community is also lot more tight knit, and players tend to be a lot more competent, or at least careful in pub games.

One of the big downside of it community wise tough is the elitism it breeds, there's a lot of shittalking or downplaying achievements for playing certain builds or a certain way, or simply towards other players playing softcore, its kinda both sad and annoying at the same time.

I also have some softcore characters for multiple reason, i'm a pretty careful guy, i hate wasting time so SC is a great experimenting ground for me to either get familiar with a build or just test builds out. I like softcore for being able to PvP too, even if in this game it matters not, effective pvp gear will still be cheaper/more availlable in Default than in HC, making it more interesting and efficient. Its also fun just to play with friends or get them into the game, it tends to be fairly hard to get friends in HC play, their first question being always "why would i do that?" or something similar.

Sometimes i'm just either tired from work or from going out, roomates are DLing a movie or i just don't feel like being on my toes 110% of the time.

My opinion on both, bottom line just play what you enjoy and leave others be, everything will be a lot better this way.
Last edited by GrieverZ on Mar 11, 2013, 4:01:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info