[Retired Thread] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Old)

"
What are your thoughts on Body Swap totems now that they no longer need a corpse to explode from?

I think at a minimum it sounds entertaining enough that I want to look at it when I'm done with league start stuff. But it's competing with a bunch of other stuff too (DD/VD Necro in particular catches my eye) and I'm already crunched for time updating existing stuff, so I don't know how soon I'll get around to it.

The base version of the skill without a corpse doesn't look particularly great, I suppose. The base damage took a pretty big nerf, and the radius will be much smaller.
Hi Wallach,

Had a lot of fun with your freezing pulse totems last league but want to try something a little different this time so will be giving HFT a go as my league-starter.

Thx for the guide - I've found the leveling section really helpful!

Just one quick query with regards to the possible amulet annointments.

With regards to Disciple of the Slaughter I'm not too sure if this will work with totems in so much as allowing us to gain frenzy charges from totem kills.

The Wording is:

5% chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill

This seems to be pretty much the same as the wording on Overcharged:

8% chance to gain a Power, Frenzy or Endurance charge on kill

Since I'm pretty sure Overcharged doesn't work with totems I think Disciple of the Slaughter may also not grant frenzy charges on totem kills. The minimum frenzy will work fine though.
Reserved for 3.8

BTW I see that the POE planner link does not have "Avatar of Fire" selected, any specific reason for this? Thank you!!!

Cheers.
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
Hi Wallach,

Had a lot of fun with your freezing pulse totems last league but want to try something a little different this time so will be giving HFT a go as my league-starter.

Thx for the guide - I've found the leveling section really helpful!

Just one quick query with regards to the possible amulet annointments.

With regards to Disciple of the Slaughter I'm not too sure if this will work with totems in so much as allowing us to gain frenzy charges from totem kills.

The Wording is:

5% chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill

This seems to be pretty much the same as the wording on Overcharged:

8% chance to gain a Power, Frenzy or Endurance charge on kill

Since I'm pretty sure Overcharged doesn't work with totems I think Disciple of the Slaughter may also not grant frenzy charges on totem kills. The minimum frenzy will work fine though.

Yeah I talked a bit about that in one of last night's videos - I did test Disciple of the Slaughter and had really strange results with the on kill affix of that notable. It seemed like it would actually generate Frenzy charges, but much more inconsistently than I would expect at a 5% chance, and also almost always in pairs instead of single charges. Now that the rush of updating is about over I might go back and test that node again today to see if I can figure out if there's a bug with how it works with totems.

That said, I think just considering the notable as +1 minimum Frenzy charges is probably enough to make it a worthy anointment selection.

"
Theudys wrote:
Reserved for 3.8

BTW I see that the POE planner link does not have "Avatar of Fire" selected, any specific reason for this? Thank you!!!

Cheers.

Yeah, looks like there was a minor error in that link for some reason, and that point was in some random travel point that went nowhere. I should have it fixed now, thanks!
Hello, I'm very interested in your build, but what about Tukohama's fortress. Is it better than rare shield?
"
Vacuum_d wrote:
Hello, I'm very interested in your build, but what about Tukohama's fortress. Is it better than rare shield?

I personally don't think so. +1 totems is pretty easy to roll on a Shaper shield (it only requires item level 70 and is one of the more common Shaper mods), and Blood Magic will cut you off from Mind Over Matter. You could run it and still do alright, but I think it requires some significant build changes.
Nice to see Wallach keep fine-tuning this build. I did HFT too when it was launched back in synthesis and amongst the first to use the sick Circle of Anguish rings. Good times.

Just wanna note that the Circle of Anguish we will get in Blight wont be full-powered, i.e not double modded as we do not have access to the synthesizer. I haven't fire up any POB, but my gut says its not that much improvement compared to rares or the double essence worm set-up. So yea, those who planned to hunt for these, don't blow your bank on them.
Last edited by crimsonraziel9 on Sep 7, 2019, 3:23:01 PM
"
Nice to see Wallach keep fine-tuning this build. I did HFT too when it was launched back in synthesis and amongst the first to use the sick Circle of Anguish rings. Good times.

Just wanna note that the Circle of Anguish we will get in Blight wont be full-powered, i.e not double modded as we do not have access to the synthesizer. I haven't fire up any POB, but my gut says its not that much improvement compared to rares or the double essence worm set-up. So yea, those who planned to hunt for these, don't blow your bank on them.

I'm pretty sure during the last Baeclast, one of the developers said that because the synthesizer is not yet back in the core game, any Synthesis uniques that drop from the 3.8 maps drop synthesized instead of fractured (so they will already have both affixes).
Can you craft the +1 Totem on a shaper shield just Alt spamming? Or am I doing it wrong?....I cannot seem to get it.
thanks for updating this guide

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info