[3.6] Low Budget - 10 Curse Winter Orb CI Occultist - 6.8 mil Shaper DPS. VIDEO BUILD GUIDE

A well-rolled Rotgut flask does wonders for clear-speed on this build. The Onslaught and extra movement speed feel amazing and the flask is fairly cheap.
"
vdk89 wrote:
A well-rolled Rotgut flask does wonders for clear-speed on this build. The Onslaught and extra movement speed feel amazing and the flask is fairly cheap.

Yes, good call. I thought about that or phase run to zip around.
I have some idea about this build to share you guys dont know it will work or not :) (With Bane skill)

Spoiler
I use Bane skill and 2 curse in DOEDRE'S SCORN(Helmet) i will have 3 curse gem +2 level in helmet and i plan to use Empower Support to reach 3 curse gem to +4 level

I still use VIXEN'S ENTRAPMENT(glove) to leeched as ES and apply an some extra curse

Bane gem effect

Applies a debuff to enemies in an area, which deals Chaos Damage over Time. Linked curses are also applied to those enemies. The debuff deals more damage and lasts longer for each curse applied this way. This skill cannot be used by Totems, Traps, or Mines

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bane

This is my first curse witch. Thanks you so much for the build.
and sorry for my english :D
The question is, will the curses in the gloves go off when you use bane? I'm not sure.

Personally, I found that there were exactly 10 curses of any use for the build, though even curses like vulnerability will add damage because of doedre's scorn and malediction.

I just found the investment for getting more than 10 was too high as well since you'll need a very expensive corruption, or you'll need a doedre's damning or something.

I think you can definitely use bane in place of the vixens though, but they're a good pair of gloves anyways, and I'm not sure I see a need for both since you would need the ability to apply like 7 curses to fully make use of them both.
"
joshrose wrote:
The question is, will the curses in the gloves go off when you use bane? I'm not sure.

Personally, I found that there were exactly 10 curses of any use for the build, though even curses like vulnerability will add damage because of doedre's scorn and malediction.

I just found the investment for getting more than 10 was too high as well since you'll need a very expensive corruption, or you'll need a doedre's damning or something.

I think you can definitely use bane in place of the vixens though, but they're a good pair of gloves anyways, and I'm not sure I see a need for both since you would need the ability to apply like 7 curses to fully make use of them both.

Curses in the vixens still activate when use bane from doedre's scorn. But if you have 4 curse limit(1 from base + 1 from passive Whispers of Doom + 1 from glove + 1 from Malediction) curse from vixens + doedre's scorn still can't applied to monster more than 4 curse plus curse from doedre's skin 6 curse = 10 curse now

if we need more curse we need plan to manage with socket gem(remove some aura golem movement gem etc.) and find corrupt or unique item to add more curse limit.

but i think 10 curse that enough for this build in my opinion
Love your build fun to play Thank you again for share :D

If i mistake you guys can help to argue or have suggest :D

Last edited by sigmaf on Mar 14, 2019, 3:46:52 PM
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Gifts_from_Above

I just found one of these.
Having tried freezing pulse for leveling, I highly recommend storm brand instead. It's pretty efficient and has the same sort of cast and go feeling as winter orb.
"
Zaxby wrote:
Having tried freezing pulse for leveling, I highly recommend storm brand instead. It's pretty efficient and has the same sort of cast and go feeling as winter orb.

Good call. In fact, you can probably just play a straight up storm brand variant of this build with 2 call of the brotherhood rings. I actually thought about that too, but I really wanted to play winter orb.
I'm enjoying the build so far (LVL 66 yet)
My thoughts- if we drop to 6 curses, that's still 4M dps, but the QOL with instant effigy is insane (-1 button press for manual curse)

2. can you please suggest some spells that would benefit from the interaction, but be more ST-oriented? I like farming lab and need a skill to 1shot izaro and not the screen around.

3. I'm having problems with POB. Importing my char only takes into account 1 curse in the D's skin. On the other hand your pob takes into account all the curses, even when swapping a chest :) HOW?
"
akavangop wrote:
3. I'm having problems with POB. Importing my char only takes into account 1 curse in the D's skin. On the other hand your pob takes into account all the curses, even when swapping a chest :) HOW?

The way OP does it is having +1 Curses on his flasks in POB, since POB doesn't handle Doedre's Skin correctly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info