[3.6] Lyxara's Winter Orb Elementalist non-crit Guide

Hi. What is the best end game weapon for this build with changes in mastercraft? It used to be I85 Shapers Sambar Scepter, is it still good withoud "non chaos as extra chaos"?
"
So here's my gear so far with good luck.
Spoiler

Here's my calc sheet/PoB paste
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/2HSXi6YB

But my Worb DPS is only 20k, which is confusing as RF does more DoT damage??? I feel very squishy and can't really boss my t12+ maps as some of them, esp. the elder/shaper bosses, 1shot/chunk me. Really confused on what stats I should be aiming for from here on to get into that endgame.

You can improve your wand, helm, amulet, rings, belt relatively cheap that has more life stats. Not sure if you meant to have all those attack-based mods on your rings. WED does nothing for winter orb since winter orb is a spell. All your +damage to attacks do nothing for winter orb.

Your highest resistance is lightning right now so your wise oak also does nothing for WOrb. You need to make cold resistance your highest so Wise Oak affects cold damage.

I have crap gear right now and my POB still shows 132k effective DPS. Seems like your weapon slots need immediate upgrade. Look at the gearing section carefully in the guide again as it outlines what you need to be going for.

Also, I noticed your cold snap setup is also not quite right. Your CWDT won't trigger anything with that setup since CWDT is level 1 and your cold snap is at 19.
Last edited by bowsersoulstar on Mar 15, 2019, 11:20:54 PM
"
"
Spoiler

Spoiler

But my Worb DPS is only 20k, which is confusing as RF does more DoT damage??? I feel very squishy and can't really boss my t12+ maps as some of them, esp. the elder/shaper bosses, 1shot/chunk me. Really confused on what stats I should be aiming for from here on to get into that endgame.

You can improve your wand, helm, amulet, rings, belt relatively cheap that has more life stats. Not sure if you meant to have all those attack-based mods on your rings. WED does nothing for winter orb since winter orb is a spell. All your +damage to attacks do nothing for winter orb.

Your highest resistance is lightning right now so your wise oak also does nothing for WOrb. You need to make cold resistance your highest so Wise Oak affects cold damage.

I have crap gear right now and my POB still shows 132k effective DPS. Seems like your weapon slots need immediate upgrade. Look at the gearing section carefully in the guide again as it outlines what you need to be going for.

Also, I noticed your cold snap setup is also not quite right. Your CWDT won't trigger anything with that setup since CWDT is level 1 and your cold snap is at 19.

I have way worse gears than many people with Inpulsa + unique amulet posted here , yet I can still breaze through t15 easily. (Only harder part is syndicates in high tier map since their adds mechanic counters us quite hard, and they hit hard too)

Got the weapon I'm using for like 20c from the trading post too.
Our class weapon tend to be alot cheaper than classes that use crit because those weapons tend to be quite expensive.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Mar 16, 2019, 2:59:40 AM
"
"
Spoiler

Spoiler

How do you get 132k eDps?

My gear ain't bad and i'm doing well so far, but poebuilder says 24k Dps to me. Got to say that my gems are just 19/0 yet.
Waiting till they get 20 and then i'll let them start at 1/20 again.

Here is my gear:

(profile is opened too)
Here's my current character with alternative gear and some tree + gem and ascendancy changes @ level 90 (SHC)

Stats atm:

-6281 hp

-23,3k effective winter orb DPS (if i calculated right)

Planning to get a 6L Carcass Jack next, the AoE+Dmg given by it saves some passive points. The Pandemonius amulet is way too expensive atm so i'll just stick with the Impresence, which also gives a free frostbite curse aura.

Last edited by Karvarusina on Mar 16, 2019, 10:49:44 AM
stupid question im sure but why keep immortal call at level 3?
"
zero974 wrote:
stupid question im sure but why keep immortal call at level 3?

A level 1 cast when damage taken can only support gems requiring level 38 or lower, and a level 3 immortal call requires level 38. There's not too much benefit to leveling up immortal call either, since it doesn't increase the base duration, and the higher you level your cast when damage taken, the more damage you have to take to trigger it, which can get pretty risky.
"
n0m1d wrote:
Hi. What is the best end game weapon for this build with changes in mastercraft? It used to be I85 Shapers Sambar Scepter, is it still good withoud "non chaos as extra chaos"?

I ask the same question what now the best master craft probably cold % in extra with spell/extra chance double damage and cast speed/arcanesurge
https://pastebin.com/xuFAt7sa
Use this. Thank me Later.
"
SkillOfMyMind wrote:
"
n0m1d wrote:

I ask the same question what now the best master craft probably cold % in extra with spell/extra chance double damage and cast speed/arcanesurge

Pretty easy to figure out honestly.
Here's the budgeted version.

Shaper base:
Multicraft
Add x to x cold damage to spell
Gain 20% elemental damage as extra chaos damage. (Shaper base roll)
60% spell damage (I think you can't craft non-chaos as chaos + spell anymore which is a massive nerf in crafting)
Cast speed
Chance to do double damage.

If you want absolute min-max, then anul the multicraft and exalt slam, but the cost would be 10 times higher.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Mar 17, 2019, 12:00:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info