[3.6] Lyxara's Winter Orb Elementalist non-crit Guide

"
How good are Onslaught/Frenzy Charges in this build, though? Cast time seems to not be the limiting factor. I notice getting Frenzy Charges from Cold Snap occasionally, but I don't notice any significant benefit from it.

It increases dps. Cast speed increases dps of winter orb, not just channeling speed. It shoots faster.

3 frenzy charges: 12% more damage, 12% inc cast speed
onslaught: 20% cast speed

that combined provides dps increase similar to 7th link for WO.
Ooh, Today I Learned! Thanks! :D
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Is mastermind of discord really worth it over paragon of calamity? I hate rolling ele reflect on vaaled maps... Just not sure if the dps loss is too crucial/high if dropping MoD for Calamity.
"
obZen43 wrote:
Is mastermind of discord really worth it over paragon of calamity? I hate rolling ele reflect on vaaled maps... Just not sure if the dps loss is too crucial/high if dropping MoD for Calamity.

Paragon of Calamity is a defensive trait while Mastermind of discord is an offensive trait.

Depend on your need. Personally I'd 100% go Mastermind cuz not only is a big dps boost, it also makes me able to use more aura.

Hey guys, currently using this build here - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2305560/page/1

I'm kinda at a standstill on what I'm missing as I can only manage t7-t9 pretty easily without really worrying aobut dying. But I'm not sure how this build fairs and kinda wanted to make the switch. It looks similar but I just want to kill UE and Shaper with t14+ maps,

Do you have any suggestions that I should upgrade first?
"

Hey guys, currently using this build here - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2305560/page/1

I'm kinda at a standstill on what I'm missing as I can only manage t7-t9 pretty easily without really worrying aobut dying. But I'm not sure how this build fairs and kinda wanted to make the switch. It looks similar but I just want to kill UE and Shaper with t14+ maps,

The dmg you crafted on your weapons, is only available to melee attacks - it needs to be "adds xx to xx cold/fire/lightning damage to spells" - normal "adds xx to xx damage" is only for the weapon itself, when you hit someone with it, same with crit if you didn't know, global crit chance/multi is for spells, otherwise its only for the weapon itself.

Warlord's Mark on hit ring for leech will be good, other than that optimize life rolls, maybe other helmet if you feel that you have not enough life to sustain damage in higher maps
IGN: FluffyMetamorph
"

I'm kinda at a standstill on what I'm missing as I can only manage t7-t9 pretty easily without really worrying aobut dying. But I'm not sure how this build fairs and kinda wanted to make switch. It looks similar but I just want to kill UE and Shaper with t14+ maps,

"I'm kinda at a standstill on what I'm missing as I can only manage t7-t9 pretty easily without really worrying aobut dying"

Inpulsas...Devotos...Dying Sun... and just t7 - t9? Thats impossbile in my opinion :D It really doesnt sound like your gear is the problem here.
I am still using a Tabula and some crappy rares just to get my resis capped and some life. And i can already "farm" at least T12 with brain-afk-mode on.
Even completed some T15 maps already.

My advice is here, that you just continue playing as your gems are almost 20.
Then you get them to 20/10. That was a HUGE boost for me.

I think that will help you the most at the moment, as I personally wouldn' invest too much with the current market (overpriced) situation...

Cheers

Thanks for making the guide and helping all of us out!
Got one question though: Your linked gems include vaal righteous fire linked with cwdt. From what i understand i can't make it cast the vaal version. So right now when i take damage i just burn to death. How am i supposed to play this? Unlink Vaal righteous fire and use the vaal skill as a damage cooldown?
"
curacaoblue1 wrote:
Thanks for making the guide and helping all of us out!
Got one question though: Your linked gems include vaal righteous fire linked with cwdt. From what i understand i can't make it cast the vaal version. So right now when i take damage i just burn to death. How am i supposed to play this? Unlink Vaal righteous fire and use the vaal skill as a damage cooldown?

CWDT only supports spells up to a specific level, on gem level 1, it supports spells up to lvl 38 - you want your vaal RF to be leveled higher, because it should NOT activate when something damages you, the reasoning behind the link is that VAAL RF gives us MORE spelldmg and we want it to be as long as possible so it is linked to duration which then is linked to CWDT + Immortal Call, when your Vaal RF is above 38, it doesn't trigger but it still has increased duration.
IGN: FluffyMetamorph
So here's my gear so far with good luck.
Spoiler

Here's my calc sheet/PoB paste
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/2HSXi6YB

But my Worb DPS is only 20k, which is confusing as RF does more DoT damage??? I feel very squishy and can't really boss my t12+ maps as some of them, esp. the elder/shaper bosses, 1shot/chunk me. Really confused on what stats I should be aiming for from here on to get into that endgame.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info