[3.6] Lyxara's Winter Orb Elementalist non-crit Guide

Hello,

thank you for the guide, helped me a ton!

I some probably basic questions, but Im stuck at this:

1.) why is Inpulsa BiS vs. stuff like Carcass Jack? Im only up to T12 maps, but all the trash groups just explode, no need to overkill with Inpulsas 5% corpse explosion. Corpse explosion doesnt help on single target bosses. Or am I understanding it totally wrong?

2.) What defensive layer am I missing? Only Pandemonius and Aspect of Spider? Yday I have reset my 1 hour of farming with 1 death, so I would like to boost my defense instead of offense.

3.) Aspect of Spider is curse? Doesnt it clash with the 1 curse rule? (Warlords Mark)

Thank you guys, gl hf
"
misanuff wrote:
Hello,

1.) why is Inpulsa BiS vs. stuff like Carcass Jack? Im only up to T12 maps, but all the trash groups just explode, no need to overkill with Inpulsas 5% corpse explosion. Corpse explosion doesnt help on single target bosses. Or am I understanding it totally wrong?

2.) What defensive layer am I missing? Only Pandemonius and Aspect of Spider? Yday I have reset my 1 hour of farming with 1 death, so I would like to boost my defense instead of offense.

3.) Aspect of Spider is curse? Doesnt it clash with the 1 curse rule? (Warlords Mark)

Thank you guys, gl hf

1) Inpulsa increases the effectiveness of shock by 50%.
Our shock dm bonus is only 20% at default due to low lightning damage, so 50% shock effectiveness = 30% shock dm bonus = 10% more damage which is huge.

2) I rarely die with this setup with 5.5k+ life, 25% evade, 40% dodge, and emergency Vaal Grace.
Probably only high mod t15~16 bosses would be more dangerous, depending on mods.
Also don't forget to use instant heal life flask. If you die because you did not utilize flasks, it is entirely your own fault. I don't even have Pandemonius perma blind amulet yet I still feel I'm tanky enough to do most contents.

3) Aspect of the spider is not a curse.
"
mic01851165 wrote:
"
misanuff wrote:
Hello,

Thank you guys, gl hf

1) Inpulsa increases the effectiveness of shock by 50%.
Our shock dm bonus is only 20% at default due to low lightning damage, so 50% shock effectiveness = 30% shock dm bonus = 10% more damage which is huge.

2) I rarely die with this setup with 5.5k+ life, 25% evade, 40% dodge, and emergency Vaal Grace.
Probably only high mod t15~16 bosses would be more dangerous, depending on mods.
Also don't forget to use instant heal life flask. If you die because you did not utilize flasks, it is entirely your own fault. I don't even have Pandemonius perma blind amulet yet I still feel I'm tanky enough to do most contents.

3) Aspect of the spider is not a curse.

As a HC player I think the extra AoE given by Carcass is a great safety measure as I can easily kill mobs/scary bosses off-screen from great distance.
Just a little over a week into new league and im loving this build!
Just asking for suggestions as to what multimod onto this:

or if i should only go for the ele as extra chaos and forget about the extra pen suffix
Keeping in mind my current gear :

still working on jewels so would take recommendations on those too. Ty
Last edited by TheDanteGaming69 on Mar 17, 2019, 11:51:25 AM
What is the CWDT (1) - Bone Chill - Cold Snap (7) setup for? Mainly to get frenzy charges? And if it is about hte frenzy charges, then why do we use bone chill?

Thanks for helping explain!
"
Just a little over a week into new league and im loving this build!
Just asking for suggestions as to what multimod onto this:

or if i should only go for the ele as extra chaos and forget about the extra pen suffix
Keeping in mind my current gear :

still working on jewels so would take recommendations on those too. Ty

You still need to regal it first before you can multimod :P.

Yes , that's a great mod, so keep it if you can, but prepare for some big rng gamble.
i know i have to regal i want to get an imprint first so i can try regal and if its bad try for the anull. What are the best multi-mod crafts for this build?
"
i know i have to regal i want to get an imprint first so i can try regal and if its bad try for the anull. What are the best multi-mod crafts for this build?

Excluding the mod you already have and multimod, you can add:

# to # Cold damage to spell
Spell Damage + non-chaos as chaos (If not craftable anymore, just highest spell damage then. I'm not sure how the new mods work in crafting)
Cast speed
Question - how do you get some of those crafted mods? +1 AOE gems on a helmet, for example, or +7% of cold damage as extra chaos on a shield? I figure you can get that stuff via Shaper mods, but how do you craft it?

Also, more generally, where would you recommend I focus on improving my gear next? Currently sitting around 2.5EX in EX and assorted change. Barring a major windfall, I'm not affording Inpulsa or Pandemonius any time soon; are there any major improvements you would recommend?

Spoiler

Is it maybe worth crafting more EV on my headpiece? Probably not, right?

Also, we're using Warlord's Mark and it's two points to get that 4th Endurance Charge, so I went ahead and got it, and so far I'm not disappointed at all.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Mar 18, 2019, 11:51:55 AM
Wanted to thanks Lyxara for an awesome build guide. It's the most fun I've had in POE in a long time. One quick question, how do I compare different weapons before I get use the unique weapon?

How do I compare these weapons, for example.

Thank you!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info